Home Forums General Discussion Post Your Picture!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    Eva Holloway
    Participant

Linda,

when did you live in Colorado Springs? I lived there for 9 years. I liked it when it was warm but sheveling snow wasn't my thing and driving in it not at all.

Eva

Eva Holloway

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

WHOA Girls;
       I am definately not a pilot.I was  a gate agent,load em up and ship em out person,Worked in terminal control which was something like a 3 level chess game,find crew,grownd crews,aircraft,time slots for take off and landing,gate sataff etc.That was just grand.I worked in the first class lounge where I found out that many first class passengers were NOT necessarily first class people.Some real doozies there,OUFFFF!!!
      Maz,weren't those the good old days when we really had fun flying?We would grab a pass and take the early flight to Kingston Jamaica for a swim and come back in the evening or take the night flight to Paris for dinner the next day and come back.Oh for the good old days when we had energy and could pull off no-nighters without getting tires.
       Michou,you forgot figure skater and teacher and general s–t disturber.That is the way I paid for all that book learning I never used. I,like most students owed my sould to the bank and the devil.I am French and had to take Latin or Greek for 4 years in high school so I chose Latin.In university I had to take German to read many papers(mostly by Schleiman) that had not been translated.I always had summer work down in the catacombs of some university analysing dirt,polen,old bones etc.No matter which university it was,we would always be in the basement,the walls were painted yellow and the lights were gastly neon.Anyway with French and Latin I can make out any Romance language including Roumanian.With German and English I can make out Yiddish,some Norwegian,Dutch and Danish.In 1967 we had the World Fair in Montreal and Air Canada was looking for multi lingual summer staff and the pay was great.I had so much more fun working with the living than the dead that when they asked me to stay on,I did,for 27 years

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hey kitty Kat;
       I can't get the pics,anyway you could put it in using the format that Kimmie did? Have you gotten any snow yet.I hear that they are having to bring it down from the mountain tops for the Olympics.And to think there was so much last fall.Weird weather everywhere

linda
    Participant

Eva, we were there from 1998-2000, not long. We lived across the highway from the Air Force Academy.

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

Recently my son and I had the pleasure of seeing my husband's “office” for the first time in his long flying career.  Security is very tight, but we were allowed special clearance to get in the cockpit of his 747 because he will be retiring soon.  What a machine!

Kim,

SSSSOOOOOOOO Cool! You look like a co-pilot! You son is a very handsome guy!  What a good looking family!

Solute!

JB

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Kim – great shot, what a handsome trio you make. I didnt know your hubby was a pilot (why would I?). Will he keep up his licence and fly for pleasure once he retires? 

Kats, what fabulous scenery and you look so happy to be doing what you love. Guess it's make all the sweeter with the thought that you might have lost it, huh? Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Patti D
    Participant

Wow Kim!
    You look like a co-pilot no doubt. Your hubby looks too young for retirement. Such a nice family and all smiles. Love that.
    So we don't need to do a road trip to see Maz…can't hubby get us there faster?????????
    cysta hugs
    Patti

Patti D
    Participant

Kats,
    I love this picture of you. I used to ski a long time ago, last time in Vail Co probably 10 years ago. I loved to ski out west and can't imagine how hard that was to be sick and then work your way back to what you love to do.
    How wonderful! Your there. Congratulations!
    There is nothing like being on top of a mountain. Are you close to where the Oympics are being held.

Sending well wishes your way!
    Patti

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=31]Lynne G./SD[/user] wrote:

Maz,weren't those the good old days when we really had fun flying?We would grab a pass and take the early flight to Kingston Jamaica for a swim and come back in the evening or take the night flight to Paris for dinner the next day and come back.Oh for the good old days when we had energy and could pull off no-nighters without getting tires.

Yea, they sure were the good ol' days for flying, but my trips weren't quite as glamorous as yours…mine were to developing nations, as my Dad worked in AID work, teaching farmers in far flung jungles, deserts and mountains where we were lucky if we had running water and a hole in the ground for a toilet! :sick: In those days, I loved the flying …just not as much these days. If I knew Kim's hubby was at the helm, though, I'd feel a lot better about it. 😉

Kat was fantastic pictures of beautiful BC!!! WOW, girl you sure do have the life and so fantastic to know you are doing what you love and able to do it! Thanks for sharing.

Patti, see if you can twist Kim's hubby to fly you out this way for a weekend break! YEA!  :roll-laugh:

Peace, Maz

Kim
    Participant

Patti, see if you can twist Kim's hubby to fly you out this way for a weekend break! YEA!

No, I propose we have an RBF reunion someplace WARM………Indiana, Wisconsin, and Connecticut just aren't working for me in January any more.:roll-laugh:

This whole picture thread is fun ~ nobody looks sick enough to even be on this board, especially Kat, oh, my what beautiful pictures!

kim:roll-laugh:

p.s. would love to see more pics posted :blush:

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Look Kim, even Houston,Tx isn't warm just now, we would have to go some place further south or mayby invade the Aussies. haha it's their summer, but a real long way off.

Eva:roll-laugh:

Eva Holloway

Kim
    Participant

Sounds wonderful, Eva. :blush:

Parisa
    Participant

If you come to San Diego, my husband can prepare a meal you won't forget!

Kim
    Participant

How could we refuse an offer like that!!! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

No, I propose we have an RBF reunion someplace WARM………Indiana, Wisconsin, and Connecticut just aren't working for me in January any more.:roll-laugh:

Kim,

I am all for it. First I would love to meet up with you! This summer I will be taking a good break if I don't have any complications from the treatment. I'd love to drive down to have lunch with you. Or you will stop by my house on your way to see your son.

You could get enough RBF people to meet in Chicago. Perhaps we could invite several AP doctors to meet with us….like a conference type…. we could have Dr. S as our keynote speaker.

I am dreaming…..

Hugs,

JB

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘ Post Your Picture!’ is closed to new replies.