Home Forums General Discussion Thyroid cyst- need biopsy

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Trudi
    Participant

[user=287]Patti D[/user] wrote:

Yes, my husband did take me and was getting a little freaked out when I did not return for 1 & 1/2 hours.

I am normally 110/74 and I was 138/98 & then 140/90 , quite high for me.
    I hope this too is temporary. I am going to get myself a new BBP cuff and start monitoring it . Always something new!!

Hi Patti–

I wonder what your husband's blood pressure was :)?

Before getting sick, my BP was low like yours.  At my worst, it was 230/120.  Dr. M feels that once the bacteria, heavy metals, etc. are under control, so will my BP.  He actually took me off of my meds 4 months ago since they weren't helping anyway–since then, my lowest without meds was 121/78.  I watch it religiously–it usually hovers around 140/90 or lower.

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Patti D
    Participant

Hi All,
    Well I got my results of the biopsy today and looks like the nodule is benign!
    Yeah. I did loose sleep over this but I will have to have another ultrasound in 4-6 months. They said the cyst was a colloid follicular cyst with some solid matter; which why I need a recheck in 4-6 months.
    My neck is still swollen right where the cyst was or is??? They drained the fluid out of it and the fluid was old blood but they did say it was a degenerative type of cystic disease. What does that mean?
    I am having the pathology report sent to me so I can get the exact wording.
    I appreciate all of the support you provided. Don't know if I will be put on any medication but the hard part came out ok.
    Thanks again everyone. You are the best!!!

Patti

Patti D
    Participant

Hey Trudi,
    I just saw you are on colloidal silver. Is that by any chance because you have colloid cysts too and that is a holistic treatment? Just found the terms similar and thought there may just be a connection.

Patti

Maz
    Keymaster

Well I got my results of the biopsy today and looks like the nodule is benign!
    Yeah. I did loose sleep over this but I will have to have another ultrasound in 4-6 months. They said the cyst was a colloid follicular cyst with some solid matter; which why I need a recheck in 4-6 months.

HOORAY, Patti!!! Thank goodness for that and thanks so much for checking in. I've had you on my mind nearly all weekend sending good vibes your way. Whew! 😀 Felt like I was going through it all over again and so understand how you felt with the high BP, too.

Sounds very similar to the type of nodules I was told I had from my biopsy, too, although they called them “cellular follicular lesions,” basically meaning a type of fast-growing cells, I think. Doc said that these nodules tend to be hyperfunctioning and will continue to appear and hyperfunction until the thyroid completely burns out and I go hypthyroid. Maybe the “colloid follicular cyst” is a similar process or thing?

Hey…this really has made my day, Patti…so glad you're okay!

Peace and BIG hugs, Maz xo

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Great news Patti!:D Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Trudi
    Participant

I just saw you are on colloidal silver.

Hi Patti–

So glad to see your test result was benign.  What a sigh of relief!!

Colloidal silver is an anti-bacterial product.  Dr. M has me on this:

http://www.resultsrna.com/products/acs_200_faq.php

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

linda
    Participant

Brilliant! That's great news! Whew!!!

Patti D
    Participant

Thanks everyone.
    I hope the elevated BP is white coat syndrome. Trudi I am on it.
    Kim,
    Your biopsy will come out fine like mine. Diversion is the best remedy.
    Maz,
    If my thyroid has now started burning out to and meaning I may be going hypo thyroid, it looks like there may be more of me to love right?
    Trudi & Kim,
    Are you ready for a boat ride, some chicken salad and of course a lemon/olive oil detox for a wash!!
    See you soon.

Patti

kaiako1
    Participant

I can't believe that on top of all the other problems you ladies are battling, you are also having to deal with this horrible experience of cysts on your thyroid. I really have little to complain about – my skin is not shrinking, my eyes are not failing me, I am not developing arthritis – sure I have horrific pain bodywide every day but I am not having to deal with biopsies, the fear of possible cancer and growing lumps and bumps in weird places.

And through it all you share your journey honestly- good or bad and you support so many others trying to find a cure. You truly are inspirational ladies – I take my hat off to you. I was thinking last night I would love to make a film about this board and travel out to meet all of you and record your testimonies and struggles through chronic illness. 

It really warms my heart and gives me hope to be in your presence. You are real heroes to me – the very definition of a hero – a person with a fatal flaw (the pathogen causing illness) who goes on an important journey (to find the elixir or cure) and is beset with obstacles at every turn – from battling with the enemy (Doctors who would harm us) to finding supportive guides – you are heroes and your dance with disease has brought out incredible aspects of you – who among you would have imagined the knowledge you have now about your conditions and this protocol? Or the strength to educate (means literally to lead forth – from the Latin 'educare') many people and empower them to advocate strongly for themselves? It is a horrible journey to go on and you didn't ask for it but you are definitely making silk purses out of pigs' ears (I know – probably not the best time to use a pig reference in a compliment!)

Kia kaha ladies – be strong. You are lighting the way for many others who come after you. And if your perseverance, dedication, committment and painstaking research are anything to go by you will beat this and emerge not the same as you were but a new person with a deeper insight and buckets of energy to do whatever you please 🙂

Trudi
    Participant

Are you ready for a boat ride, some chicken salad and of course a lemon/olive oil detox for a wash!!

The knees and ankles won't tolerate the boat ride, but I can always watch you two from the dock :)!  The rest sounds wonderful; haven't tried the lemon/olive oil detox–it's about time I did.

See you soon,

Trudi

Patti D
    Participant

Well,
    Here I am one week after the biopsy and my neck feels just like it did before the biopsy aka; the darn cyst must be full of fluid again.
    My biopsy results came yesterday and full diagnosis was “atypical undifferential biopsy”. Colloid cyst with some solid follicular cells. 5-15% chance of cancer. Repeat bipsy in 4-6 months.
    I have a doctor appointment tomorrow so does anyone here know what the next step could be? Is this a problem that the cyst has returned to it's full size of a week ago.
    Thyroid experts, you are in need. I told Kim we shouldn't be called lyme sistas anymore but should be called bump cysters!!! There is always something.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Patti

Trudi
    Participant

Hi Patti–

Sorry to hear that the nodule filled up again.  I did a quick search on the colloid cyst and came up with this site from Mayo–

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/thyroid-nodules/DS00491/DSECTION=causes

One of the causes for nodules is lack of iodine.  Dr. M does have me on iodine–put me on it after I failed the iodine test.  I've read there is a link between iodine and Lyme disease; unfortunately, no time to do more investigating right now.

Might be something to ask your doctor tomorrow–

Good luck and take care,

Trudi

Kim
    Participant

Patti,

I'll be really interested in what your doctor says.  The more I try to learn about thyroid problems the more confused I get ~ it is really complicated and I fear there is a lot of guesswork taking place.

We can fumble through this together.  My second biopsy is tomorrow too. :crying:

Take care…….kim

Trudi
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

My second biopsy is tomorrow too. :crying:

Hope all goes well for you, Kim.

Trudi

Maz
    Keymaster

I have a doctor appointment tomorrow so does anyone here know what the next step could be? Is this a problem that the cyst has returned to it's full size of a week ago.

Hi Patti,

What a “pain in the neck “that the cyst filled up again. 😕 Don't worry, coz I don't think it's unusual. This is probably something entirely different, but I had a 1” breast cyst that did the same thing…totally benign and after the biopsy it blew up again…but gradually got reasorbed and went away.

Not really sure what the next step may be. Your doc might just say to wait till your next ultrasound or may suggest you see a surgeon for a second opinion. Doesn't mean you'd need surgery, just that if it's something that may be a constant hassle and needs regular monitoring, a surgeon might recommend removal so you don't have to think about it anymore. This was what my endo mentioned to me when I was last there getting checked….he said if they got any bigger, he'd refer me to a surgeon….but my nodules are a different kind, so the same recommendations may not apply to you. 😉

Patti, hope your follow-up appt goes well tomorrow. You'll be in my thoughts!!

Peace, Maz

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 153 total)

The topic ‘ Thyroid cyst- need biopsy’ is closed to new replies.