Home Forums General Discussion Thyroid cyst- need biopsy

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

What a sorry lot we are.  I'm having a follow-up ultrasound on my funky thyroid cyst tomorrow. :doh:

Kim, when you get rocking, you get rocking! WOW, that was pretty quick work. Hope all goes well tomorrow. I will keep you very much in my thoughts!!!

Peace, Maz

Trudi
    Participant

[user=27]Maz[/user] wrote:

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

What a sorry lot we are.  I'm having a follow-up ultrasound on my funky thyroid cyst tomorrow. :doh:

Kim, when you get rocking, you get rocking! WOW, that was pretty quick work. Hope all goes well tomorrow. I will keep you very much in my thoughts!!!

Peace, Maz

I second that–

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Kim, Patti, Trudi – we absolutely want photos you know. 😀 Lynnie 

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

……of your lovely faces together I mean;) Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=30]lynnie_sydney[/user] wrote:

Kim, Patti, Trudi – we absolutely want photos you know. 😀 

I second Lynnie's motion!

Peace, Maz

Patti D
    Participant

How about the three of us paddling around the lake in kyaks.That would make nice pictures. We will all be smiling because this is what most of us would like to do; meet our roadback friends.
    It will be awesome.
    Patti

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Perfect! Just hope you have someone else to take the shot. Dont want any of you standing up in the kayak…………..Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Kim
    Participant

Patti,

People should be r.s.v.p.ing anytime now…..I invited the whole group. :roll-laugh:

Patti D
    Participant

I would love that!!!

Patti D
    Participant

Hi All,
    I am still a little stressed over the biopsy I had this morning. I got a little more information this morning. They referred to it as a “complex thyroid cyst” meaning it had solid and liquid inside of it.
    The biopsy itself was nothing and upon taking the sample the doctor said there was a lot of old blood”non-cirulating blood” in the cyst. It was really quite amazing to watch the needle go into the space and literally drain the cyst while I was watching.
    I know the majority of these things are benign, but I am still worried. The doctor did ask me if I had suffered any trauma recently, and of course I can't remember anything these days. Did anyone have blood in their nodule?
    So it worked before and actually while I was waiting for the doc to come in I thought of all of the helpful friends on this board and I said a little prayer and was able to get the doctor to have a few laughs and create a little thyroid brewha!! He even started telling Bill Cosbsy jokes as I told him I was going for ice cream when this was over. He was so soft spoken until I got him to lighten up which is my way of dealing with tension.
    A little TLC from my cyber buddies is appreciated. I have to wait until next week for results. This will bring a long weekend for sure>

Are the end results of these things always surgery & or medication?

Patti

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=287]Patti D[/user] wrote:

They referred to it as a “complex thyroid cyst” meaning it had solid and liquid inside of it. The biopsy itself was nothing and upon taking the sample the doctor said there was a lot of old blood”non-cirulating blood” in the cyst. It was really quite amazing to watch the needle go into the space and literally drain the cyst while I was watching. I know the majority of these things are benign, but I am still worried.

Patti, dear Lyme sista, so sorry you have had to go through this worry waiting for results, but well done getting through your biopsy with such lighthearted panache!!! I wouldn't have expected less from you! 😉

It's not easy waiting for these biopsy results, I know…I've been there, too, as has Kim, Tiff, and  others here. These cysts don't always mean cancer, as you have mentioned. Of course, no one is ever comfy talking about the Big C word. If this is any comfort, when I went for mine, the doc performing the biopsy was very reassuring when I asked about the possibility of cancer. He did say that while thyroid cancer is rare, but possible, with these anomolous cysts, it is one of the most treatable forms of cancer and can be dealt with, with people leading quite normal lives without their thyroids. So, if you can't get the worry out of your head while you wait, which may be nothing to worry about in the end, at all, please keep this info in the forefront of your mind. It got me through the wait.

Since this time, I have heard the same info over and over from other doctors and Tiff is a living example. If you need any more reassurances, PM Tiff, because I'm sure she will have some good, level-headed experience to share with you to ease your mind.

You're in my thoughts, very much, Patti! Trust you to make everyone around you feel at ease when you're the one going through the mill! :roll-laugh: You're such an earth angel!

Peace, Maz

Kim
    Participant

This must be 'thyroid day' on the board.  Patti is one step ahead of me with the biopsy and the waiting for results is rough.  Sorry, Patti. :crying: 

My doc called today with the results of my ultrasound earlier this week and said my funky irregular cyst has gotten larger in 2 1/2 months and they want a biopsy p.d.q. :angry: which I will do.  I previously had some nodules biopsied, but hey, I hear it gets more fun each time! :headbang:

By this time tomorrow night I'll have my three little therapists climbing all over me (my grandchildren 🙂 ~ 4-yr old twins and their 8 mo old baby sister).  They will quickly remind me it's all about them.  We'll be spending the week together on a beautiful Wisconsin lake where my grandson wants to catch a big fish and eat it, and my granddaughter thinks eating ice cream (I think it's a law in Wisconsin) with each meal is a good idea.  It all gets better when I meet Patti and Trudi later in the week. 🙂

Hugs…..kim

Patti D
    Participant

Hey Maz & Kim,
    Thanks!!! I can feel the Love. Maybe we should say, “Have you hugged your thyroid today?” I will try to occupy my time with some diversion. Like fishing or cleaning!

I think sometimes the medical information on the internet may not be the best place to go for comfort but here is great! Just uplifting and understanding.I am working on chillin! My neck actually feels better now that the fluid has been taken down a notch. Kim, It will be ok. I thought the biopsy would be worse that it was but we are going to be alright.You are offically on VACATION!!
    This I know.

Patti

Trudi
    Participant

Hi Patti–

As I mentioned in my PM–I am sooo glad that all went well today.  You certainly were in my thoughts!!

Did your husband take you to the hospital?  How is he handling everything?  I have to admit the nodules on my thyroid shook both of us up quite a bit.  I'm glad to be on standby for the moment, until the next ultrasound.

I will keep you in my prayers–

Looking forward to next Thursday–

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Patti D
    Participant

Thanks Trudi!
    Yes, my husband did take me and was getting a little freaked out when I did not return for 1 & 1/2 hours. I had the doctor telling Bill Cosby jokes and the Radiology tech telling me her thyroid history. We had a little thyroid sharing and my blood pressure went through the roof from the stress. Maybe thyroid related too. I am normally 110/74 and I was 138/98 & then 140/90 , quite high for me.
    I hope this too is temporary. I am going to get myself a new BBP cuff and start monitoring it . Always something new!!
    Patti

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 153 total)

The topic ‘ Thyroid cyst- need biopsy’ is closed to new replies.