Home Forums General Discussion Tetracyklin – Mctd

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    Pip
    Participant

I hate to rain on anybody's parade, but you CANNOT get pregnant on AP.  You might get better enough to go without for a bit, but you should not even attempt pregnancy on an abx.

1) abx is an indiscriminatory killer of bacteria, even good bacteria, needed in the GI tract.  Little is known how this effects a growing fetus.

2) Mino/tetracyclines are known to cause shortening of limbs in fetuses.  Can't remember the medical term.

3) Mino is known to cause teeth discoloration in babies if used in pregnancy.  On an aside, I did find a citation that says 'if used in the second half of pregnancy” while searching for something else.  However, please see #'s 1 & 2 above.

Good luck with Mino as it saved my life, as did the RB.

Pip

zoofie_85
    Participant

Pip, i dont plan to get preg under the APtreatment. Its just to have when i stop cellcept who needs to be out of my body 3 month before i get preg.

When i get preg, i stop ap direktly! That would work?

Pip
    Participant

Phew!

It should work but I'm not a doc and can't seem to verify 'second half of pregnancy' bit I saw.  Personally, I'd be willing to risk it…but that's just me.  You have to look at all the factors, risks or benefits, etc.

I recently saw some interesting research in Ob/Gyn which said many AI peeps have difficulty getting pregnant and one 'solution' was going gluten free.  Apparently the GI inflammation in celiac-like diseases can extend to the uro-genital tract.

Again, I don't know your situation, but I'd hate to be newly diagnosed-ish, and not under control, and hoping each month I was pregnant.   I'd do everything I could to cut inflammation NOW so it's not so bad being med-free and pregnant. 

That WL/OO drink worked wonders for me.

Pip

maz.aust
    Participant

I can 2nd the WL/OO drink, worked for me too! 

I can try to explain just in baby terms so you can begin to understand, because of the Swedish/English translation problems.  The herxheimer reaction, nicknamed “herx” or otherwise referred to as Jarisch- Herxheimer (J-H) is a phenomena which can be described as a temporary increase of symptoms when antibiotics are taken.  It's thought that the cause of a 'herx' is the result of endotoxin release, that is toxin(s) within the spirochete (bad bacteria) that are released as the B.b are killed or broken down. This may be a result of the toxin(s) itself or the body's immune response to what's happening. 

So to me herx=pain.  I accept the reason I am in pain is because of the toxins in my system so if I drink more water I can flush the toxins out of my system quicker than normal if I mix up the lemon olive oil drink I can flush my system out quicker.  Flushing toxins out of your system is called 'detoxing'.

But not wanting to worry you I can say it didn't take very long for me to really start feeling better & any pain I was experiencing was becoming less & less severe. 

I can honestly agree with everyone that this is the place to find out what's going on, all you have to do is ask & someone will reply & if you need someone to hold your hand someone will do that too.

Cheers,
    Maz – Aust 

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Kim
    Participant

Hi zoofie,

You are doing great posting in English. 😀  Detoxing is important to rid your body of toxins and I've found sweating in an infrared sauna (dry sauna) to work extremely well, just remember to drink a lot of fluids.

Take care….kim

Steve201
    Participant

one thing I want to touch on since I'm late to the party here…tetracycline is one of the cycline family and is a long lasting antibiotic….doxycycline is fast acting and doesn't stay in the system…mainly used for people going for dental work..you take it just before you go into a dentists office….minocycline was first tried due to it being a benign type of Antibiotic….

as noted …taking 1000 mgs is overloading your system and can really do some  damage to your system…not badly but it's wiping out bugs that your system relies on….taking a much lower dosage will be better to help assist the body rid itself of the bug that's making you ill…..

prednisone is a natural occuring drug your body produces but the pred a doc prescribes is a synthetic drug that is a double edged sword…it helps the body but at the same time it's not good..so ..the sooner you can get off of it the better….it can damage things like the liver and pancreas…(don't ask how I know about it….)…..anyway….the sooner you can get off prednisone…the better…

hope this helps….

Steve

zoofie_85
    Participant

Thank you all. This was more complicated than I thought. In all cases, decided to reduce the dose of tetracycline. I will go after Carrie's schedule. It meant that I only took one pliller am yesterday.
    This morning when I woke up I was more rigid than yesterday and had more pain. According to schedule, I take MWF So I'll take the next pill on Friday. One in the morning, one in the evening.

Maz – Aust I appreciate your help in English, even though it is hard:) thanks for the google translation! can imagine that it will be easy to misunderstand, I am but I try everything I can.
    Sooo! I will then drink water with lemon a few times a week to clear the body of “toxins” coming of 'herx' bad bacteria? which in turn caused by antibiotics?

I'll even eat vitamins to replace those killed by antibiotics? 'll fix it!

Kim …. thanks! I should soon become a master in English =) I'll start with detoxing, water and lemon!

Steve201 thanks! I have scaled down the dose, to try to stop prednisolone as well, but I guess will have to start with prednisolone again when I get pregnant?
    good information!

Sooo I felt worse when I have scaled down the dose, but I will fight on

PetRescue
    Participant

Zoofie-When I first found AP and roadback I wasn't sure I could do the protocol because I was trying to get pregnant. Mino is a class D drug, which is bad, but then I met with Dr.S who is one of our most experience doctors. He assured me that it was safe to take as long as I discontinued it before the second trimester.

Ironically, I am no longer on Mino at the moment, but would have been comfortable taking it until pregnancy was confirmed. Then I would have stopped immediately. I know some infertility clinics use doxy for a short course in the first trimester. The fertility community is very aware of mycoplasma and will often prescribe it for infertility. Here is one study to support it:

http://www.emro.who.int/publications/emhj/0601/18.htm

Of course in an ideal world we would all be in perfect health before becoming pregnant, but in reality that is not likely. How many women drink and smoke thru their whole pregnancy? Or worse. You just have to do what your doctor and you are comfortable with. Good luck!

~jen

carries
    Participant

My OBGYN told me the same thing that the mino would need to be stopped as soon as it was confirmed.

Pip
    Participant

Actually,

By the 2nd trimester, most women go into remission and don't come out until (usually) about six weeks post partum.

Pip

zoofie_85
    Participant

ok, thanks looking forward to be pregnant ..or i dont know feel VERY “scarry”? when i have to think all the time, maybe im not going to make it bacause of all the pain!!

I will stop tetracyklin the minute i know im preg IF I can!!!

~jen that thing u send me about fertility, didn understand that so good..but it didnt sound good =/ fertility!?!?

Ok, now I have to bake!;)

zoofie_85
    Participant

i never have seen my hands this swollen:( feeling bad today. took one pill yesterday, on pm and on am…pretty late around 11 i took the lastone. Feeling likes it dont work.. my hands are like balons i can hardly write!! gah!!!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Zoofie – you started your regime on 2x250mg tetracycline twice a day which is equivalant to 200mg minocycline twice a day. That is an incredibly high dose of the drug and I'm not really surprised that you are having this much pain and swelling. It is called the Jarisch-Herxheimer effect (“herx” for short). Others have spoken about this effect on this thread. It often begins after about 2 weeks. You can read about it on our main site. Here are a couple of links: https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/education.display/display_id/91.html https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=studies.display&display_id=184#Anchor-The-51540

I know you have now reduced the pills – but that may not cancel the effect of the previous high dose. You might want to speak with your doctor about having a few days without taking any tetracycline to allow the body to recover and about gradually building up the dose as your body is able to tolerate it. That is how many people start. Some increase in pain and symptoms is to be expected at first. However, the tetracycline cant work if there is too much swelling, because it cannot penetrate through it. There is information about this on our main site also. Hope you feel better soon. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Zoofie,

if you take Cellcept you better not get pregnant, it is a drug to use for transplants. So please be careful and maybe you need to stop the Cellcept (but slowly).  Talk to your doctor about this.

Eva:D 

Eva Holloway

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Zoofie – one more thing. The detoxyfying drink is not just lemon and water. It is virgin olive oil, lemon and water. The recipe is below. I have changed a few words to make them easier to understand. Let us know if any other words need translating. Lynnie

[align=left] [/align]

[align=left]RECIPE FOR WHOLE LEMON/OLIVE OIL DRINK[/align]

[align=left](Rapidly heals Neuropathy and promotes weight gain by detoxifying the liver and normalizing saliva pH values)[/align]

[align=left]Into a blender, add 1/2 a whole lemon lemon, including the skin. Be sure to first wash the lemon well and remove (scrape off) any colour markings. To the Blender, add the cut lemon plus one Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and one cup of Water (or orange or other fruit juice). Blend at high speed for one minute. Pour through a strainer to remove pulp. Use a spatula (or big spoon) to press the pulp. Throw pulp away. Drink it all at once.[/align]

[align=left]If you have problems sleeping, drink it just before you retire to your bedroom at night. It will help you get a good night?s sleep. The therapeutic value of this drink comes from the whole lemon and the extra-virgin olive oil. The orange juice or other fruit juice is for sweetening. You may use 1 cup of any kind of fruit juice that you like. However, if you have candida or yeast problems, avoid fruit juice which stimulates growth of yeast. It is better to use plain water.[/align]
    [align=left]Note: Use only Extra Virgin Olive Oil, which is cold pressed. Light olive oil is heat processed and may not have the same benefits. I would suggest checking with your local health food store for a high quality cold pressed extra virgin olive oil.[/align]
    [align=left]http://www.keephopealive.org/lemondrk.html[/align]

[align=left] [/align]

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘ Tetracyklin – Mctd’ is closed to new replies.