Home Forums General Discussion Tetracyklin – Mctd

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    zoofie_85
    Participant

I would like to apologize for my bad English. I'm from Sweden but would like to receive support from this side and you:)
    I have MCTD, has had this since 2002. No influence from internal organs as the lungs, etc.
    Only at the beginning but it disappeared with medication.
    I've tried most things, has always eaten prednisolone and remains of 7 mg.
    I have eaten CellCept but have a desire to be pregnant so I have to stop it.
    I have started the AP today! I hope so much that it should work. I eat tetracycline 250 mg two pilller in the morning two at night. CellCept did not help fully.
    Have had lot problems with swelling and pain.
    I know that you should not become pregnant while you eat tetra but you do not bring out the three months before in all cases.

Now I wonder, have you succeeded with age ap?

I have eaten penicillin / antibiotics as I was sick, colds and the like and then have been much better in my MCTD. Could this mean that AP may work for me?

Grateful for answers!

zoofie_85
    Participant

hey! no one who likes to answere ????;)

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Zoofie, I'm sure someone will answer you soon!  My best to you on your Antibiotic journey!

Blessings,
    Michelle

nspiker
    Participant

Hi Zoofie.,
    I'm impressed with your handle of the English language :dude:!  I like your name too…

Congrats on starting AP !  It sounds like you have been on antibiotics in the past, and noticed improvement with your MCTD, which is a sign that antibiotics may indeed help you.  That's what led me to AP.  I had an infection and took antibiotics, and the pain in my leg resolved.  I knew there was a connection.

Are you taking (2) 250 mg. pills of tetracycline twice a day?  If I'm understanding you correctly, you're taking 1,000 mg. of tetracycline a day.  Most of us take 100 mg. of minocycline twice a day.  Some take only 100 mg,  or even 50 mg. MWF.  You may be taking too high a dose, and it may increase your symptoms.  If it does, you will want to back off on your dosage.

I don't know anything about CellCept or prednisone, but I'm sure others will chime in. 

Glad you found us :D, and know you will gain lots of great info from all of the folks here.
    nancy

APbeliever
    Participant

Welcome to Roadback group Zoofie. I believe you are taking too much tetracycline that will cause you to have a herx reaction. Your story does suggest that antibiotics would work for you. We are all in here trying antibiotics to resolve our health issues. I am afflicted with RA. You should try antibiotics for at least a year before you try another medicine but as always everything depends on your current health and your doctor's advice.

maz.aust
    Participant

Hi from Australia,

I too commend you for your use of the written word in a language foreign to you.

AP is a slow path to recovery & many will tell you that slow is best, herxing is not nice so my advice would be to reduce the dose & get it back to manageable then go from there at the same time reducing your pred to zero. 

There is a lot of information on herxes & what we can do to reduce the aches & pains.

I wish you well on your journey,
    Good luck
    Maz – Aust 

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

zoofie_85
    Participant

THANK YOU ALL!! 😀

Ok? I should reduce the dose? Then I wonder:

I was reading at the roadback
    Tetracycline is the first generation tetracycline and, although it was used by Dr Brown (minocycline came out in 1979), it doesn't have quite the same superior tissue penetration of minocycline….nor does doxycycline. That said, if you prefer to use it, a 250mg dose of tetracycline is equivalent to 100mg dose of minocycline. What does that mean?

I have feel headache and I feel like its tickle  a little in my body since yestarday (when I started AP) but WHO is it possible that I already  TODAY feeling much better??? It cant be the tetra, right? because so many of u says that it take time??

TACK!!! (thanks);)

maz.aust
    Participant

When I started AP I started feeling much better within a couple of days but then the herxing started & like everyone I had to just work through that.  The most difficult thing for me was to determine the difference between a herx & a flare, but I always had a goal in mind & that's what kept me going .. I was never going to get better unless I took the abx .. so I took the abx!  I had been told that if I take too much I will herx if I pulse dose I will herx so either way I would herx, but must admit the pain wasn't as intense as it was before starting AP.   We are all different but there are people here who can hold your hand, guide you & answer as many questions as you care to ask & that makes it a much easier journey.

You are lucky if it has started to work so soon, so enjoy 😉

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

zoofie_85
    Participant

Ok! whats abx? if i get this herxthing, how do i know its that? and then should I stay on mino under that period?..omg its much to learn about this!!!:?

I dont knooow what to do, should i reduce or not and how much?

APbeliever
    Participant

Zoofie, you should reduce your dose and see if it gives you any relief from pain. Using larger doses of antibiotics can actually cause you pain initiallly which is called “Herxing effect “. You might not feel it initially but eventually most people do feel this extreme pain.

APbeliever
    Participant

Abx is short for antibiotics.

Kim
    Participant

Hi Zoofie, and welcome to the Roadback board. 🙂

There is a lot of information in the “Home” section of the board which explains herxing and flares, etc., which you will find helpful.  There is also information on recommended dosing and the rationale behind daily versus pulsed (Monday/Wednesday/Friday) dosing.

Detoxing is important and will make you more comfortable.  I use an infrared sauna which has helped tremendously and drink lots of water.  If you use the “search” button on the board you can read previous threads on what others have done to successfully detox.

You'll also need to remember to take probiotics while on antibiotics (abx) to prevent yeast infections, and limit or eliminate sugars and carbohydrates that turn into sugars.

Take care…..kim

zoofie_85
    Participant

Thank you,:D what is detoxing means?

carries
    Participant

Sofie! YEahhhhhh! I am so excited you finally joined this support group!!! You will love everyone and everything about it!!! Welcome!!! This will be your second family!!! You can ask them anything and about 10 or plus people will respond and try to help you!!!! My family has been a great support system but this family here at roadback.org…has gone through it like me so even better support system!!! So glad you finally joined….I will continue to see you on facebook!

carries
    Participant

Ooops! I totally forgot to tell you and completely agree with Kim…..DONT FORGET TO TAKE PROBIOTICS DAILY!!! You dont want any yeast infection issues. Ever since I started taking probiotics daily no yeast issues at all!!!! My stomache has been the best ever since taking probiotics…no more bloating.  And remember to take the probiotics 3-4 hours away from tetra…just like calcium and all of that stuff we talked about. I take GNC probiotics (50 billion twice a day…..even though ony 1 a day is recommended) and I take acidopholus brand called Solar RAy (3billion twice a day too) I refrigerate both of these.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘ Tetracyklin – Mctd’ is closed to new replies.