Home Forums General Discussion Natural pain and inflammation reliever?

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

[user=230]anewday[/user] wrote:

Does anyone know of a natural pain and inflammation reliever? His wrist has been visibly swollen and basically immobile for a year and a half (and we're starting to see deformity in it). It has just GOT to stop NOW.

Boswellia serrata is a natural form of aspirin and takes about 6 weeks to fully kick in, I believe. Should not be used concomitantly with diflucan, though. 😉

http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/WSIHW000/8513/31402/348745.html?d=dmtContent

Peace, Maz

A Friend
    Participant

[user=27]Maz[/user] wrote:

[user=30]lynnie_sydney[/user] wrote:

Maz will tell you that she started gung ho on her mino regime in that way at first, thinking she'd knock her Lyme for six – and got knocked for six herself! Sounds pretty much like you are relating – hope she'll chime in for herself here. If this is the case, I'd suggest talking it over with Dr D (??) about dialling it back to a pulsed regime and maybe even having a short wash-out period first. You need to have some quality of life while you are tackling this thing, because it's not a quick fix. Hang in there!

Hi Lynnie,

I think the issue may be the confirmed Lyme that Wayne is dealing with…I did a full year on heavy antibiotic protocols to hit all my coinfections of Lyme before heading into lower, pulsed dosing. Wayne is just starting out on Lyme protocols (Mino and Rifampin) and so I'm guessing that this is probably the rationale Dr D is using for his daily dosing for the Lyme/PRA. Generally speaking, when Lyme is in the mix, it needs to be hit a little harder than for standard mycoplasma treatment. Not fun, I  know, but almost a necessary evil. That said, some LLMDs are now taking a less aggressive stance on Lyme, as Dr H wrote in a recent link that I think Nancy or JB posted. They are beginning to realize that intolerable herxing that can go on for as long as 18 months in some patients needs to be weighed against quality of life. I think you're right that it would be a good idea for Wayne to discuss this further with Dr. D before changing anything up on his own. Some of these bugs do need daily dosing or resistence quickly forms. :sick:

Peace, Maz

Lynnie, Maz, Wayne, All…

This is just an add-on statement… a quote concerning Lyme, which I just learned in a new book, Heal Thyself, by one of my former AP's, who besides being an MD, is a Holistic MD.  On page 264, I read this new-to-me info under Step 2: Alkalinize: 

“Drinking alkalinized, ionized water is another very helpful tool that can greatly facilitate your ability to overcome severe acidity…… I would warn you, though, that being overly aggressive initially with the consumption of water that is too alkaline can cause severe detox reactions and make you feel exhauusted, irritable, achy all over, depressed, and can even cause severe headaches, gastrointestinal discomfort, diarrhea, and nausea.  People who suspect that they might have Lyme disease should be especially careful because this organism makes a very alkaline toxin called ammonium causticum, which can cause a metabolic alkalosis, meaning that the body is alkaline from poisoning by this toxin.  These individuals are particularly susceptible to severe detox reactions if they are alkalinized too aggressively, even just with the diet.”  [Note:  the dots above represent a bit of text was omitted by AF.]

AF

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

AFriend,……….good grief!  Does this crazy disease ever end?

Thanks for the info.  One more thing to squeeze into our jigsaw puzzle.

Susan

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Thanks AF for this interesting info. Susan, I think it's not only with this disease that the puzzle never ends, but with anything that affects the immensely complex, sophisticated living organism that is the human body. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

WAYNE HARGREAVES
    Participant

Hi  AF

Thanks  for  the  info,  interesting  our  bodies  are  clever  but  confusing,  i  do  have  an  alkali  diet  sheet  which  says  how  good  the  water  is,  but  i  have  tried  not  to  use  the  diet  sheet  unless  absolutely  necessary  as  there  isnt  much  very  nice  on  it,  im  herxing  bad  at  the  moment  so  will  stay  off  for  now,  thanks  though,

Wayne

A Friend
    Participant

[user=86]Susan Lyme/RA[/user] wrote:

AFriend,……….good grief!  Does this crazy disease ever end?

Thanks for the info.  One more thing to squeeze into our jigsaw puzzle.

Susan

Hi Susan,
    I actually thought of you and one of your past posts when I read in the new book that one of the Lyme toxins can produce alkalosis.  It made me wonder if perhaps this lyme toxin may have been the reason why your pH testing result was what it was.  Neither acidosis NOR alkalosis is a healthy state for the body to be in!  Our bodies do not like either of these!!!

While author PDW mentions caution about over-alkalizing our body in the presence of Lyme Disease, I truly believe that it would be a real PLUS if each of us would monitor our pH…. and know what this very critical reading (our pH) is.   Rather than not doing anything to address my pH, I would “proceed cautiously” but still monitor it for possible future needed baby steps. 

I keep remembering from some of the very knowledgeable scientists who wrote on this subject that:  “Illness cannot exist in a pH balanced body.  Wellness cannot be achieve/maintained in an acidic body.”  (Have paraphrased, I'm sure, the words I read, but the meaning hopefully is there.) 

AF

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=28]A Friend[/user] wrote:

While author PDW mentions caution about over-alkalizing our body in the presence of Lyme Disease, I truly believe that it would be a real PLUS if each of us would monitor our pH…. and know what this very critical reading (our pH) is.   Rather than not doing anything to address my pH, I would “proceed cautiously” but still monitor it for possible future needed baby steps. 

AF, thanks for sharing this very interesting information. I tried to do a bit of research on the toxin, “ammonium causticum,” late last night, but didn't come up with anything. If you happen to come across anything more in relation to this and Lyme, I'd be very interested to read more. This is very new info to me and certainly provides pause for wonder!

Peace, Maz 

A Friend
    Participant

AF, thanks for sharing this very interesting information. I tried to do a bit of research on the toxin, “ammonium causticum,” late last night, but didn't come up with anything. If you happen to come across anything more in relation to this and Lyme, I'd be very interested to read more. This is very new info to me and certainly provides pause for wonder!

Peace, Maz 

Maz, will do.  Thought I would add that two of my most revered doctors (in my mind, anyway) wrote in the first few pages of the book.  One of these is one of the first lyme treating physicians I ever knew about, very well known; the other has a tremendous depth of knowledge for the most treacherous diagnoses.  One a Dr. C and the other a Dr. Kl.  I'll see if there is a reference.  If not, I'll ask the author. 

AF

A Friend
    Participant

Peace, Maz 

EDIT:  As far as what we were looking for — about the lyme toxins and alkalosis — nothing found tells us what we wanted to know.  Will contact the author/writer of the information.  Am deleting most of what was originally posted below.  This link was very interesting.  Will leave it. 

http://homehealthadvice.blogspot.com/2007/10/lyme-disease-home-health-advice.html

Lyme Disease – home health advice

Maz, the first search attempt or two yielded zilch.  And then, finally, I found “some” info on the ammonium causticum.  Thankfully, these turned up with articles, posts, etc. with the two names (initials) I mentioned… Dr. C and Dr. Kl.  So, regardless of how much is in this about the causticum, the posts/articles found were very  interesting  to me and made me know I need to do some liver work… just to help it work better.  It and I aren't getting any younger….lol.   Unfortunately, those disappeared when I cleaned up what was extending off the right margin of the page.  AF

GSE (grapefruit seed extract… don't confuse it with grapeseed extract),

I first used the NOW brand liquid GSE in a dropper bottle.  GSE was recommended in Dr. Wm Crook's books.  It was very, very effective.  If you've had a lot of congestion affecting the head and sinuses, or even other heavy yeast/fungal problems, Dr. C recommended starting slowly with 5 drops.  If you have a lot of yeast/fungal overgrowth, and you increase your dosage too rapidly, you can get a herxheimer reaction from too much die-off, and in some extreme overgrowth cases can get a bit of “chills/fever/sweating” in that order…. but for me it was a great help for detoxing what I didn't know was ailing me. 

I purchased one of V-8's products from the grocery … it was “V-8 Mild Picante” — it's not the hotest one they made, but was “just right” for me.  And, it camoflouged the taste of the GSE and tasted good… no small miracle…lol.  I put about 4 ounces of it in a juice glass, and put the GSE drops in it, and stirred.  Worked great. 

AF

We can get a product here called traveler's friend which is I am sure the same thing as GSE It is a citrus seed extract. used for purifying water whilst overseas and here also of course.  Do not know what grape seed extract is actually. Yes I only have gone one drop at a time increase as I herx terribly with every single thing. So far so good. Found the sodium also seems to kill the fungus as well.   Himalyan or pure sea or lake salt. Same thing you herx dreadfully with that too so slowly does it even a small amount is better than nothing it helps ph. Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘ Natural pain and inflammation reliever?’ is closed to new replies.