Home Forums General Discussion Natural pain and inflammation reliever?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=86]Susan Lyme/RA[/user] wrote:

but my mycoplasma numbers jumped up when I stopped the doxy in March 09 and they jump around these days.  I had to stop doxy when I began Mepron for Babesia.  The doctor said it was my choice whether to start the doxy again or not.  She said it only suppresses the mycoplasma. 

Susan,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. It's very helpful. I also had some Lupus symptoms while I was on minocyclin. Have you been on clindy IV on a regular basis?

If I read correctly, it is said that doxy is cyst form type of drug for Lyme. However, Clindy IV takes care of both mycoplasma and Lyme.

WAYNE HARGREAVES
    Participant

Hi  Susan,

Thanks  for  the  support,  you  people  on  here  are  brilliant,  must  admit  im  usually  a  positive  person,  but  lately  been  really  down  ,  im  either  having  a  flare  up,  some  pain  or  heartburn/  acid  reflux.
    I  want  to  do  all  i  can  to  get  better.
    What  happens  if  we  go  in  the  sun  when  taking  Minocycline  ?

Good  you  can  ride  your  horses  again.

Wayne

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

The tetracycline drugs cause sun sensitivity and you burn more easily.

I fully understand the despair. 

Susan

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

JBJBJB,

I have never been on Clindy IV and I don't even think I have taken Clindy orally.  I may have briefly and forgotten.  I'm going to add that question to my list for my next dr visit. 

Thanks!

Susan

mkay
    Participant

Hi Susan~

I noticed that you mentioned your left wrist was pretty much shot, (I have a left wrist issue also) just curious as to what you have done about it, or does it function now?

Thanks!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Wayne – I notice from your signature line that you are taking 200mg mino. Is that per day? That may be way over the top for a Palindromic RAer, causing you massive herxing. Maz will tell you that she started gung ho on her mino regime in that way at first, thinking she'd knock her Lyme for six – and got knocked for six herself! Sounds pretty much like you are relating – hope she'll chime in for herself here. If this is the case, I'd suggest talking it over with Dr D (??) about dialling it back to a pulsed regime and maybe even having a short wash-out period first. You need to have some quality of life while you are tackling this thing, because it's not a quick fix. Hang in there!Lynnie 

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=30]lynnie_sydney[/user] wrote:

Maz will tell you that she started gung ho on her mino regime in that way at first, thinking she'd knock her Lyme for six – and got knocked for six herself! Sounds pretty much like you are relating – hope she'll chime in for herself here. If this is the case, I'd suggest talking it over with Dr D (??) about dialling it back to a pulsed regime and maybe even having a short wash-out period first. You need to have some quality of life while you are tackling this thing, because it's not a quick fix. Hang in there!

Hi Lynnie,

I think the issue may be the confirmed Lyme that Wayne is dealing with…I did a full year on heavy antibiotic protocols to hit all my coinfections of Lyme before heading into lower, pulsed dosing. Wayne is just starting out on Lyme protocols (Mino and Rifampin) and so I'm guessing that this is probably the rationale Dr D is using for his daily dosing for the Lyme/PRA. Generally speaking, when Lyme is in the mix, it needs to be hit a little harder than for standard mycoplasma treatment. Not fun, I  know, but almost a necessary evil. That said, some LLMDs are now taking a less aggressive stance on Lyme, as Dr H wrote in a recent link that I think Nancy or JB posted. They are beginning to realize that intolerable herxing that can go on for as long as 18 months in some patients needs to be weighed against quality of life. I think you're right that it would be a good idea for Wayne to discuss this further with Dr. D before changing anything up on his own. Some of these bugs do need daily dosing or resistence quickly forms. :sick:

Peace, Maz

richie
    Participant

Hi–The liver enzyme tests are called Alt and AST or Sgot —while on antibiotic it should be done at least yearly —-
    richie

WAYNE HARGREAVES
    Participant

Hi  Lynnie,

Good  to  hear  from  you,  yes  ive  been  terrible,  i  am  currently  on  100mg  once  a  day,  had  two  good  days  so  will  see  how  goes,  I  know  what  you  mean  about  some  quality  of  life  as  ive  either  been  in  bed  or  limping  around  of  late,  but  i  remember  you  and  Maz  saying  it  isnt  a quick  fix.
    Last  week  i  was  going  to  get  off  all  the  antibiotics  and  have  a  wash  out  and  try  all  natural  stuff,  but  think  i  have  to  give  the  anti  biotics  a  chance,  hard  when  i  was  in  agony.
    Thanks  for  your  advice,  Lynnie  take  care

Wayne

WAYNE HARGREAVES
    Participant

Hi  Maz,

Thanks,  i  have  had  two  good  days  this  week,  and  currently  on  MInocycline  100mg  one  a  day,  and  cut  Rifampicin  to  one  300mg  a  day,  hopefully  i  wont  herx  so  bad,  ive  not  had  pain  ever  like  this,  i  really  was  going  to  stop  everything  and  try  natural  products  to  see  if  that  helped,  but  you  people  have  kept  me  going,  got  another  appointment  at  Breakspear  next  Monday  to  see     about  all  my  food  sensitivities,  with  Dr  m.
    did  you  get  my  last  letter  emailed  with  an  attachment  ?  ,  would  like  to  know  what  you thought.
    take  care  Wayne

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1876]WAYNE HARGREAVES[/user] wrote:

did  you  get  my  last  letter  emailed  with  an  attachment  ?  ,  would  like  to  know  what  you thought.

Wayne, so glad to hear you're hanging in there and having a few better days so early like this. Herxing is no fun, but definitely par for the course, I'm afraid, with Lyme – it is the way LLMD gauge response and that the abx are actually hitting the right things. :crying: Yes, I replied to your email of Saturday on Saturday. Did you not receive it? Let me know and I will be happy to re-send.

Peace, Maz

WAYNE HARGREAVES
    Participant

Hi  Maz,

Sorry  dont  think  my  server  is  right,  i  havent  received  any  of  your  last  private  replieson  email,  i  asked  because  i  know  you  always  reply  that  day,  if  you  could  resend  about  my  last  letter  from  Breakspear,  thanks  Maz.

Wayne

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1876]WAYNE HARGREAVES[/user] wrote:

Sorry  dont  think  my  server  is  right,  i  havent  received  any  of  your  last  private  replieson  email,  i  asked  because  i  know  you  always  reply  that  day,  if  you  could  resend  about  my  last  letter  from  Breakspear,  thanks  Maz.

Hi Wayne,

Will copy my email reply from Sat into a PM for you. Just click top right of this page to find it…should say, “You have 1 new message.”

Peace, Maz

[user=230]anewday[/user] wrote:

Dr. F has recommended dh stop taking pain relievers (Tylenol/Asprin/Motrin etc) due to his high liver count. He normally needs to take at least one dose a day, usually at night when his inflammed wrist bothers him most, otherwise he cannot sleep.

Dr. prescribed a natural pain/inflammation herbal supplement. According to him, it should have worked by this point. It has done nothing.

Does anyone know of a natural pain and inflammation reliever? His wrist has been visibly swollen and basically immobile for a year and a half (and we're starting to see deformity in it). It has just GOT to stop NOW.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

GSE is an anti-inflammatory, you need to work into it gradually same as everything. it does kill bacteria and lactobac also so you need a probiotic which probably use anyway.  I am working my way into it now.  mainly for fungal problems  Very good book on it worth getting is.  The healing powder of grapefruit seed. pretty nasty taste but gets results.

ISBN , 0-914955-27-6

I am still on the oxycontin twice a day that is a slow release. can be taken without food and has not been a problem for my liver at all.  There are several strengths according to need.  Quite honestly it has saved my sanity.  He needs something.. It can make you so uncomfortable.  Not good to suffer. At least he needs to be more comfortable even for just a short while.. 

A Friend
    Participant

GSE (grapefruit seed extract… don't confuse it with grapeseed extract),

I first used the NOW brand liquid GSE in a dropper bottle.  GSE was recommended in Dr. Wm Crook's books.  It was very, very effective.  If you've had a lot of congestion affecting the head and sinuses, or even other heavy yeast/fungal problems, Dr. C recommended starting slowly with 5 drops.  If you have a lot of yeast/fungal overgrowth, and you increase your dosage too rapidly, you can get a herxheimer reaction from too much die-off, and in some extreme overgrowth cases can get a bit of “chills/fever/sweating” in that order…. but for me it was a great help for detoxing what I didn't know was ailing me. 

I purchased one of V-8's products from the grocery … it was “V-8 Mild Picante” — it's not the hotest one they made, but was “just right” for me.  And, it camoflouged the taste of the GSE and tasted good… no small miracle…lol.  I put about 4 ounces of it in a juice glass, and put the GSE drops in it, and stirred.  Worked great. 

AF

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘ Natural pain and inflammation reliever?’ is closed to new replies.