Home Forums General Discussion For successful MSM users

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    Anna
    Participant

I?ll start by reporting that my pain is definitely improved since I started MSM. And I have high increase in energy. And I get very long/color/real dreams.

Also I want to thank to Jo for all the information she shared about it. I would have never pay any attention to it or give it any try without seeing her mentioned MSM so many times J

And thanks to all the members who reported ?it works?.

I use powder form, up to three heap teaspoons (measure) twice a day (6 total a day).

I spend a very long time searching about MSM in the last few weeks, however, there is not enough information/answers, so I was hopping maybe some of you with MSM experience could help me.

1.       the pain is not completely gone, does anyone take more then I to get pain free?  if yes any new symptoms?

2.       I do get occasional headaches from it, dose lowering amount could help? (I drink a lot of water)

3.   when is the time to start lowering?

4.       Also in the last few days I have a lot of energy causing problems with sleep, just couldn?t sleep at all for three days, does anyone have this problem on MSM?

It?s so hard to know what changes belongs to what. But comparing the notes helps so much.

Thank you very much for any input.

Jo
    Participant

[user=786]Anna[/user] wrote:

1.       the pain is not completely gone, does anyone take more then I to get pain free?  if yes any new symptoms?

2.       I do get occasional headaches from it, dose lowering amount could help? (I drink a lot of water)

3.   when is the time to start lowering?

4.       Also in the last few days I have a lot of energy causing problems with sleep, just couldn?t sleep at all for three days, does anyone have this problem on MSM?

It?s so hard to know what changes belongs to what. But comparing the notes helps so much.

Thank you very much for any input.

1. Mr Perfect was just a tad more than you when his inflammation cleared up. It's been tested up to 100,000 mg per day as safe.  If you still have inflammation, then you need to increase until it's completely gone.   The inflammation pain goes away about a week after the inflammation.  The old pain takes longer – that came as a complete suprise to us, we weren't expecting it at all.

2. MSM makes everything else work better and your cells more permiable. It's also a cleanse/detox/chelating agent.  If you have headaches, look at your other medications, supplements, foods and see if any of them need to be adjusted because with the better penetration they are working too well.  Also it may be something detoxing.  Lead (old paint/pollution/contaminated soil), Mercury (fish, pollution), old medications and caffiene are the most frequent issues with detox.  If it clears in a week or so, it's probably a detox, if it doesn't it's definately something else you are taking that the MSM is making too strong, you and your doctor need to find out what has headaches as a side effect and decide if you can adjust it.

3. Once all the inflammation has been totally gone, and the AP abx had enough time to really get those nasty buggers that it couldn't reach before and the optimum time for herxing has passed – then you step down the same way you stepped up – when the inflammation comes back, add back the most recent reduction amount and wait a few more months and then try again.

4. Excess energy is frequently attributed to either caffiene ( MSM makes that work better too) or the bodies response to the reduction in inflamation and pain.  It will stop, according to the reports I've read.  Mr Perfect had the excess energy too, the sleep disturbance lasted a few days (he drinks coffee), then his sleep stabalized and the energy continues – except when he's herxing and then he feels fatigue, but returns to high energy after the herx passes. But it no longer interfers with his sleep. In fact, with the pain gone, he sleeps better than ever.

Jo

casey
    Participant

Anna, so glad to hear about your pain relief!

I also take MSM, though in lower doses than many here. I do not take MSM in the evening as i found i was awake all night thinking about what i actually had the energy to do.  I also found that when i took it in the evening and i could sleep, i had very vivid dreams from an imagination i never knew existed.

For me , my last MSM dose is always before six and i now sleep with the occasional dream.

Casey

tainabell
    Participant

Ooo!  Can I chime in with an MSM question of my own?

I'm taking tablets now, and am only on 2000mg, but I tried to take one before bed the other night on an empty stomach and was sick afterwards (I threw up).  I wasn't sure if it was the MSM or the plaquenil, which I took the same time (I usually take the plaquenil with food).  Anybody have experience with this?

Thanks!  :roll-laugh:

casey
    Participant

Sorry , no experience with plaquinel but i do believe MSM should be taken with food. Or should i say, i take it with food as thats is whats recommended on my pill bottle. Not sure about what others do with the powder form.

Rockin Annie
    Participant

[user=854]tainabell[/user] wrote:

Ooo!  Can I chime in with an MSM question of my own?

I'm taking tablets now, and am only on 2000mg, but I tried to take one before bed the other night on an empty stomach and was sick afterwards (I threw up).  I wasn't sure if it was the MSM or the plaquenil, which I took the same time (I usually take the plaquenil with food).  Anybody have experience with this?

Thanks!  :roll-laugh:

Hi Tainabell,

I take my tablets on a empty stomach, and I have no problems,  but recommendation is half a hour before food, maybe try that and see if there is a difference.

………………Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Rockin Annie
    Participant

As MSM stimulates one's energy it is probably best to take earlier on in the night, I found that if I forget and take it before bed, I dream such vivid dreams and wake many times through the night, so I make sure I take before 7.

Make sure you take a full glass of water with doses…………..Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

jaminhealth
    Participant

Hi MSMer's….sure glad I came here today.

I'm up to 20K per day in two doses.  Definitely feel a nice “shift” in my knees and some of my body.  BUT, would like MORE.

I was wondering about those vivid dreams, and now I'm hearing that others on MSM have them.   My dreams lately have been incredible.   I  have found when I take the MSM later in the evening, my joints feel better in the morning.  But I don't want to take it too later either. 

I take Low Dose Melatonin for sleep.  .25-.50 mg and 500 mg of Inositol about an hour before bed.   Sleep real well.    Dreaming Lots!!!!!!   (Vivid)

Deal with FM and OA no RA.

A friend last night thought she was “gaining” weight on higher dosing.  But I thought I may be losing some weight.   The last couple weeks, thou, I had a friend here and she eats bread and so did I.  I don't usually have bread in the house.    She's gone now.

I just did my morning dose of MSM ( 3 tsps) and will do 30K now since reading this new post.

Thanks all.    jam 

PS: I will NOT be doing the abx therapy.  Guess I'll just live with the OA I deal with.  I take tons of other supps. too.   No other meds except thyroid and some BP stuff.      

Anna
    Participant

[user=465]Jo[/user] wrote:

“The inflammation pain goes away about a week after the inflammation.  The old pain takes longer “

what do you mean by old pain?

“look at your other medications”

the only other things I take is PB8(4) and thyroid  (25mg), my doctor would not help me with this issue, he doesn't think much of MSM in general. I do drink a cup of coffee every morning—-will stop from now on  🙁 Also i love my fish, especially sushi, could be IT (detox)…… i can eat my sushi for breakfast lunch and dinner.

JO, how close the two dosing could be spread a part? i want to take the second one as far as possible from the sleep. Or take only 1 large one in the morning.   what do you think?

Anna
    Participant

[user=970]jaminhealth[/user] wrote:

Deal with FM and OA no RA.

jaminhealth, how do you know you have no RA?

My dr. things I have combination OA and RA, but not sure though..

jaminhealth
    Participant

Well, I've had x-rays of hips, knees, shoulders and now ankles.  And all reports say OA.   I have 2 “little” nodules on my right index finger but no pain there. 

My lower back  has an L5 displacement (maybe from birth) which came on at age 18.  I've just dealt with it all my life.  No surgeries ever.  One doc said AS settled in my lower back.  Major stiffness there forever.

My right thumb area began to bother me about 20some years  ago and a doc back then said “arthritis”. 

I don't know maybe I do have some RA, but I don't go to a rheumy since I don't want to take drugs and seem to get along OK at age 70 on my supps.  And now the MSM.

I took low dose doxy  for 3 months about 6 yrs ago but had a clump of hair come out of my head and thought it was from the doxy so I quit.   Guess I just don't want to go to the abx protocol. 

Aspirin helps me.  I had a stomach ulcer from an anti-inflammatory drug back in the 80's so I'm rather gun-shy on the meds.   Of course, I have a concern about the aspirin, but keep the amount limited and lots of FOOD in tummy when  I take it. 

Feel much better in Spring/Summertime.   This has been a Cold winter even  here in So. Cal.   jam   

I really LOVE sushi too, but watch the raw fish.  Especially Tuna.  When I get sushi I avoid Tuna (mercury).  

tainabell
    Participant

Thanks for all the help…by the way, for me, vivid dreams are a great side effect.  I love vivid dreams!  I'm a writer and a lot of times dreams go right from my subconscious onto the page.  Side perk! 😛

Jo
    Participant

[user=786]Anna[/user] wrote:

“The inflammation pain goes away about a week after the inflammation.  The old pain takes longer “

what do you mean by old pain?

“look at your other medications”

the only other things I take is PB8(4) and thyroid  (25mg), my doctor would not help me with this issue, he doesn't think much of MSM in general. I do drink a cup of coffee every morning—-will stop from now on  🙁 Also i love my fish, especially sushi, could be IT (detox)…… i can eat my sushi for breakfast lunch and dinner.

JO, how close the two dosing could be spread a part? i want to take the second one as far as possible from the sleep. Or take only 1 large one in the morning.   what do you think

The old pain caused by existing damage to the bones and joints.  The kind that I assumed would be forever.  Mr Perfect was grinding bone on bone in his knees, and the Dr's wanted to do replacement surgery.  He declined because of his fathers hip replacement experience. He'd rather live with this pain.   But it's all gone now…and his joints are growing back.

I don't know which kind of thyroid medication you are taking – but I found three on google and all had these side effects.     Headache, nervousness, trembling, sweating, increased appetite, diarrhea, weight loss or insomnia .

Found this fabulous site on caffeine:  http://www.caffeinedependence.org/caffeine_dependence.html

I didn't know it was used in so many medications.    I don't do caffeine, though I am addicted to cola, I drink the decaf version. When I can't get it, the caffienated version will sometimes, though not always, give me headaches.

Headaches don't usually mean mercury detox as far as I can tell. Normally it's mood and rashes and neurological stuff.   If you can hold off on the sushi for a few weeks until the detox is finished then it would be ok to eat again as the MSM will prevent it from being stored in your body again. 

MSM is gone from your body in 11 hours… that's why you need to take it at least twice a day.  Mr Perfect takes his 5 times a day.  

Have to go now or I'll be late for some event I promised Mr Perfect I'd go too.

Jo

Anna
    Participant

But it's all gone now…and his joints are growing back.

—-how long was Mr Perfect on MSM before the x-rays showed an improvement in his knee joints?

“MSM is gone from your body in 11 hours… that's why you need to take it at least twice a day.  Mr Perfect takes his 5 times a day.” 

—-5 times a day?  so i could space 1 tea spoon every 2-4 hours?

How did you started with MSM, who, what convinced you to try?
    In my case it was you and  rockin Annie

prix560
    Participant

I have been on MSM for a couple of months now and finally ordered some online when I was sure that it was working.  Well I let my on hand supply run out before my online order came in.  I did not want to go out and purchase more since I had some on the way (5 bottles).  Well after 5 days I had enough and forced myself to buy some; this stuff works.  I am taking 16,000mg aday in pill form but have not felt this good in a long time. 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘ For successful MSM users’ is closed to new replies.