Home Forums General Discussion For successful MSM users

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    Keymaster

[user=465]Jo[/user] wrote:

1. Mr Perfect was just a tad more than you when his inflammation cleared up. It's been tested up to 100,000 mg per day as safe.  If you still have inflammation, then you need to increase until it's completely gone.   The inflammation pain goes away about a week after the inflammation.  The old pain takes longer – that came as a complete suprise to us, we weren't expecting it at all.

2. MSM makes everything else work better and your cells more permiable. It's also a cleanse/detox/chelating agent.  If you have headaches, look at your other medications, supplements, foods and see if any of them need to be adjusted because with the better penetration they are working too well.  Also it may be something detoxing.  Lead (old paint/pollution/contaminated soil), Mercury (fish, pollution), old medications and caffiene are the most frequent issues with detox.  If it clears in a week or so, it's probably a detox, if it doesn't it's definately something else you are taking that the MSM is making too strong, you and your doctor need to find out what has headaches as a side effect and decide if you can adjust it.

3. Once all the inflammation has been totally gone, and the AP abx had enough time to really get those nasty buggers that it couldn't reach before and the optimum time for herxing has passed – then you step down the same way you stepped up – when the inflammation comes back, add back the most recent reduction amount and wait a few more months and then try again.

4. Excess energy is frequently attributed to either caffiene ( MSM makes that work better too) or the bodies response to the reduction in inflamation and pain.  It will stop, according to the reports I've read.  Mr Perfect had the excess energy too, the sleep disturbance lasted a few days (he drinks coffee), then his sleep stabalized and the energy continues – except when he's herxing and then he feels fatigue, but returns to high energy after the herx passes. But it no longer interfers with his sleep. In fact, with the pain gone, he sleeps better than ever.

Jo

RBF reminds Board participants not to make unsubstantiated statements about how medications and supplements will work for others or the way they should be used, except when quoting a resource on the subject or to relate personal experience. When quoting a resource, please identify it, so people can research for themselves. 

For example:  

It?s been tested up to 100,000 mg per day as safe

MSM makes everything else work better and your cells more permiable

These are unsubstantiated statements. Please quote the source of this information.      

when the inflammation comes back, add back the most recent reduction amount and wait a few more months and then try again

This is prescribing. Please either quote the source of this recommendation or limit statements to what has worked for you/your loved one.   

If you have headaches, look at your other medications, supplements, foods and see if any of them need to be adjusted

This is prescribing which is not permitted and, in this case, could be dangerous. You do not know the individual situations of others, what other medications they are on, how these may interact with MSM and whether they should or even can  ?be adjusted?. That is the call of a qualified medical practitioner.

Road Back Foundation

Anna
    Participant

many good questions and answers about MSM  (see second page)

http://www.drtimspeciale.com/Patient%20Education%20Series/MSM.pdf

maz.aust
    Participant

Hi everyone and Happy New Year,

Just returned from holiday and started MSM for the first time on 25th Dec, by 31st Dec I was for the first time in mths pain free (from herxing) — as you know I didn't know if it would work for me as I have PR not RA and know for sure that the pain I was having prior to Xmas was ony from herxing (PR pain and herxing pain for me is very very different, not difficult to distinguish) — I am really pleased with what has happened (I don't really like the 'whole lemon drink' thing although I use it and it works when the herxing gets bad) so now I feel with MSM I could just continue to take that and feel better.  If there comes a time when it doesn't work anymore for me well I will deal with that when and if it happens.

Hope you all had a good Xmas & New Year
    Maz – Aust

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Rockin Annie
    Participant

[user=786]Anna[/user] wrote:

many good questions and answers about MSM  (see second page)

http://www.drtimspeciale.com/Patient%20Education%20Series/MSM.pdf

Hi Anna,

Great link, I also have it in my favorites and refer to it often, I never thought to add it to my posts. Thanks………..Annie

Hi Maz, Welcome home, and hope you had a great Christmas and New Year. I hope you puppy was good, mine is playing up a little and we are going to take her to puppy school.

Great news on the MSM, and glad you are feeling a lot better……………Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

maz.aust
    Participant

[user=807]Rockin Annie[/user] wrote:

Hi Maz, Welcome home, and hope you had a great Christmas and New Year. I hope you puppy was good, mine is playing up a little and we are going to take her to puppy school.

Hi Annie,

Thanks, I had a great Xmas – hope you had a good one too ……….

Clyde took 4 days to know and respond to his name – in the meantime Gypsy turned from being just a playful puppy herself into mum and big sister – when I called Gypsy she would look at me and take 4 or 5 steps then turn around and waited until he came to her then she headed towards me with him in hot pursuit …. that was when it became really easy for us to have them both up on 'the block' – he took the lead from her and learned a lot in the process …. at the 8 day mark he came straight to me when I called him.  Clyde will be going to school when he is 5 mths old (only 13 wks now) and in the meantime I will start teaching him myself — he already walks nicely on lead so now we are home it is the sit/stay/down I will be concentrating on.  He is just a sook and just loves company…. Gypsy even taught him to play with the cicacas at night tossing them around and she just loves it when she turns them onto their backs so they make the noise with their wings – he thought that was pretty good too – but neither of them killed any (on purpose anyway).  It was funny watching him when he discovered the cows and 'roos he would sidle up to them and when they turned and looked at him he would head for home at a great rate of knots.  Anyway enough about the dogs ……

We had the best time – with either swimming, skiing, fishing, taking out the ski boat or dinghy – some retail therapy for Marissa and I, trail bike riding through the state forest for my son & his friends and generally having a great time… don't want to be back at work, but ce la vie ……

The MSM is just the best — easy to take (and I do remember to take it…lol) but the taste leaves a lot to be desired.

Will be making an appt with Dr D probably for next week to update – don't know why but I herx all the time now since I started taking the doxy —- hope it is the little buggers dying and not something else.

Glad to be home and look forward to reading all the posts and catching up with all the goss ,.

Maz-Aust

Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

All off days Probiotics

maz.aust
    Participant

Hi Annie,

Thanks, I had a great Xmas – hope you had a good one too ……….

Clyde took 4 days to know and respond to his name – in the meantime Gypsy turned from being just a playful puppy herself into mum and big sister – when I called Gypsy she would look at me and take 4 or 5 steps then turn around and waited until he came to her then she headed towards me with him in hot pursuit …. that was when it became really easy for us to have them both up on 'the block' – he took the lead from her and learned a lot in the process …. at the 8 day mark he came straight to me when I called him.  Clyde will be going to school when he is 5 mths old (only 13 wks now) and in the meantime I will start teaching him myself — he already walks nicely on lead so now we are home it is the sit/stay/down I will be concentrating on.  He is just a sook and just loves company…. Gypsy even taught him to play with the cicacas at night tossing them around and she just loves it when she turns them onto their backs so they make the noise with their wings – he thought that was pretty good too – but neither of them killed any (on purpose anyway).  It was funny watching him when he discovered the cows and 'roos he would sidle up to them and when they turned and looked at him he would head for home at a great rate of knots.  Anyway enough about the dogs ……

We had the best time – with either swimming, skiing, fishing, taking out the ski boat or dinghy – some retail therapy for Marissa and I, trail bike riding through the state forest for my son & his friends and generally having a great time… don't want to be back at work, but ce la vie ……

The MSM is just the best — easy to take (and I do remember to take it…lol) but the taste leaves a lot to be desired.

Will be making an appt with Dr D probably for next week to update – don't know why but I herx all the time now since I started taking the doxy —- hope it is the little buggers dying and not something else.

Glad to be home and look forward to reading all the posts and catching up with all the goss ,.

Maz-Aust

All off days Probiotics

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Maz,

Sounds like you have Clyde in control already, it is so good to have another dog to help and be company for a new puppy.  Tabu is a sook too but hates being left on her own and because she is a big dog she makes big damage, but overall she is not too bad.  We have been having so much rain up here and have water everyone as you can imagine and she loves to play in it. mess everywhere :).

We have just said goodbye to the last of of visitors (my sister from the sunshine coast) how I hate it when we have to come back to reality. I do feel for you going back to work, but to have great holidays, we need to work, don't we?. Sounds like you had a lovely time.

Let me know what Dr D has to say, I rang her the week before Christmas, just to ask her some advice on Iv's, she sounds very nice but talks really fast.  My Dr K rang yesterday and wants me to ring today to discuss my blood results. I am thinking about changing to Dr D, as I like the idea of her working with a nathropath as well.

Anyway Maz have a great day, are you at work yet…………Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

maz.aust
    Participant

Hi Maz,

Sounds like you have Clyde in control already, it is so good to have another dog to help and be company for a new puppy. 

YES IT IS A LOT EASIER TO TRAIN A NEW PUP WHEN YOU HAVE A DOG ALREADY TRAINED …. so it is my eternal thanks to Gypsy she has turned into a good big sister for him and is taking the lead in his being good.

Tabu is a sook too but hates being left on her own and because she is a big dog she makes big damage, but overall she is not too bad. 

I CAN JUST IMAGINE WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH – remember Bruce was 62.5K – when a pup I can remember the disaster when he ran amok.

We have been having so much rain up here and have water everyone as you can imagine and she loves to play in it. mess everywhere :).

WATER AND DIRT MAKES MUD AND THEY DO LOVE PLAYING IN IT AND GETTING DIRTY !!  A BIT LIKE LITTLE CHILDREN PLAYING IN PUDDLES…lol

We have just said goodbye to the last of of visitors (my sister from the sunshine coast) how I hate it when we have to come back to reality. I do feel for you going back to work, but to have great holidays, we need to work, don't we?. Sounds like you had a lovely time.

WE HAD THE BEST TIME, AND ALTHOUGH LIKE YOU SORRY TO SEE THEM GO IT IS A LOT OF WORK WHILST THEY ARE WITH YOU ISN'T IT!  Craig and I are going back up to the block on Fri night for the weekend, just the 2 of us, no grown children, no visitors, no dogs – I must admit a couple of days quiet time sounds like just the ticket.

Let me know what Dr D has to say, I rang her the week before Christmas, just to ask her some advice on Iv's, she sounds very nice but talks really fast.  My Dr K rang yesterday and wants me to ring today to discuss my blood results. I am thinking about changing to Dr D, as I like the idea of her working with a nathropath as well.

YOU DO MEAN KERRIE D DON'T YOU ??? NOW IN MORNINGTON, VICTORIA.  I THOUGHT YOU WERE WITH A DIFFERENT DR FROM ME … oh well I can cry 'brain fog' or 'early alzheimers' …lol    IT'S QUITE A TREK FROM CAIRNS TO MORNINGTON FOR YOU THOUGH, BUT IF YOU GET HERE AT ANY TIME GIVE ME A CALL AND WE WILL DEFINITELY CATCH UP !!

Anyway Maz have a great day, are you at work yet…………Annie

OH YES, STARTED YESTERDAY ….boo hiss

YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY AND WILL CATCH UP BY PM TOMORROW ……...

All off days Probiotics

jaminhealth
    Participant

Interesting, I seem to feel better when I take MSM 3 times per day.  I'm about to take some right now.  Thanks again all.  Looks like I may be hooked for LIFE.  

Well, I've taken Grapeseed Extract for 13 yrs…so maybe the rest of my LIFE is good.  Afterall, I'm 70.   

I'm up to 25-35K per day.   jam

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Jam,

70 is young, my sister just turned 70 On Monday and she is a young chicky babe, she has just found herself a young dancing partner after being on her own for 3 years (husband died suddenly of a heart attack) and she looks better than ever.

Great stuff that MSM, I have got my sis on it, she might need it now :roll-laugh:………Annie

jaminhealth
    Participant

Thanks Annie, 70 is young but when I do feel pretty old and creeky my ole lower back….I danced all my LIFE until about 60 and then had to hang it up.  It's OK,,glad your sis is dancing it up.   Keeps  you young if you can do it. 

Taking my grandgirl Anna out to dinner tonight for her 12th BD. 

lulu_melbourne
    Participant

I've just started MSM, let's hope for some inflammation relief!

Anna
    Participant

i love that MSM, however, last week i went to high with the dose which lead to higher blood pressure (pain in the temples) that gave me a scare. I've never had a HBP. It hapened twice already since high amounts of MSM. So, i'm baking up again, I will stay on two teaspoons once a day, it looks like that is the best amount for my body to keep inflam down and side effects free. Everyone is different though.

davew
    Participant

It's good to keep an eye on things Anna and you are correct that everyone id different. I take 10 teaspoons a day, 5 in the AM and 5 in the PM and don't experience that at all.

I am finally at a dosage that leaves pretty much painfree for the first time in years and I am very glad about that.

Slow and easy does it though and hopefully you will receive the benefit of MSM.

Regards,

Dave

Rockin Annie
    Participant

[user=786]Anna[/user] wrote:

i love that MSM, however, last week i went to high with the dose which lead to higher blood pressure (pain in the temples) that gave me a scare. I've never had a HBP. It hapened twice already since high amounts of MSM. So, i'm baking up again, I will stay on two teaspoons once a day, it looks like that is the best amount for my body to keep inflam down and side effects free. Everyone is different though.

Hi Anna,

Some people find when starting MSM, their blood pressure goes up,  this is due to the release of all the toxins from your body tissues, but after the detox stage it should come back to normal.

I know when I started with MSM, I increased my doses very very slow, if I had no reaction after a week I would add a tiny bit more.

I made the mistake of when switching to powder after tablets, I just guessed at the amount and got very sick, so I am very careful now to measure my doses :sick:.

Hi LuLu, Good stuff MSM, hope it goes well for you

……………………Annie

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘ For successful MSM users’ is closed to new replies.