Home Forums General Discussion For successful MSM users

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    klogan
    Participant

Anna,

Ringing in the ears is a perrenial problem for me – when I get a flare, my ears ring or roar and often I have some vertigo. This happens to me whether I take MSM or not, it seems flare/herx related. So far it seems harmless – it dies back when the herx/flare dies. It is damned irritating.

If MSM is eliciting or exacerbating a herx, I suppose that it could cause the ear ringing. Antibiotics themselves can cause ear ringing, as can any of the NSAIDs. I think that unfortunately, all this stuff can get pretty interrelated to the point where it's hard to figure out what's causing symptoms and what to do.
    MSM maybe detoxing you (so that the mercury causes ringing), may be causing herxing (causing ringing), or may just be causing ringing. This is what drives me nuts about this disease and makes it hard for me to decide what to do at times.

I am having a March flare (or herx), so you've given me the idea to give the MSM a rest for a day or two, see what happens.

scottishprincess
    Participant

Still going great with the MSM!! I actually ran out of my magic powder on Sunday and was without it for 24 hours and boy oh boy was my swelling and pain back with avengence!!

I take 8 teaspoons per day 😀

jaminhealth
    Participant

Oh, I take 8 tsps now per day, 4 in the am and 4 later in the day.  Now on MSM just over 3 months.   Also, use MSM cream on joints and legs and feet and what a difference.  I ususally add an extra tsp or so the 4 oz jar that I buy. 

MSM has sure made a good difference in my overall body pain.  I told a lot of people about it and especially working up to the higher dosing.  The Miracle of MSM book  is so informative.   jam 

tbird2340
    Participant

Jamin, when you started using the cream did it make an additional difference to when you were just taking the powder/pills?

Also, that book, I'm pretty sure I skimmed through that one.. I don't remember any of the MSM books talking about working up to the high dosages we take.. Does that one talk about the mega dosages?

Thanks!

jaminhealth
    Participant

Yes, the cream with added msm powder does make a great difference.  it seems like my skins just loves it and sucks it up.  my joints do feel better as well  my achy legs.  but the source naturals MSM cream and the Swansons Emu Oil cream with MSM in it and add more MSM.   Pretty amazing stuff.   

Pg 41 of the book: ” For severe, deep-seated conditions, you will probably need higher doses, and sometimes much higher, to experience relief.  We have used extremely larger doses in the treatment of extraordinary cases.  We have recommended 40 or 60 grams and up in incremental daily doses for severe conditions, but in these instances patients were under our personal supervision.”  

“It is our opinion that the  higher the dose you can take without developing an upset stomach the quicker you will experience a healing response and the fewer symptomatic recurrences you will have.”

Now I've not done the MSM dosing with any doc supervision, just thru the board here and the book.  But I saw a rheumy last week and mentioned MSM to her and what she thought about it and she said Oh that's great if it's helping you.  Stay with it.  Then I told her I was up to 40 grams per day and she was kinda shocked. 

So they (docs) sure don't know it all and then she went on to talk about drugs for me. I just don't want to go there.  I get along pretty OK with this high dosing of MSM and aspirin.  I'm probably 95% holistic anyway and just go in for bloodwork. 

I think I have a pretty strong stomach in spite of the ulcer I got from an anti-inflammatory med in the 80's  as I don't get upset taking the MSM.  And take it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning (20 grams) 4 tsps.    I keep food in my stomach most of the day.   I hope I've been of help.  Take care.  jam

tbird2340
    Participant

[user=970]jaminhealth[/user] wrote:

Yes, the cream with added msm powder does make a great difference.  it seems like my skins just loves it and sucks it up.  my joints do feel better as well  my achy legs.  but the source naturals MSM cream and the Swansons Emu Oil cream with MSM in it and add more MSM.   Pretty amazing stuff.   

Pg 41 of the book: ” For severe, deep-seated conditions, you will probably need higher doses, and sometimes much higher, to experience relief.  We have used extremely larger doses in the treatment of extraordinary cases.  We have recommended 40 or 60 grams and up in incremental daily doses for severe conditions, but in these instances patients were under our personal supervision.”  

“It is our opinion that the  higher the dose you can take without developing an upset stomach the quicker you will experience a healing response and the fewer symptomatic recurrences you will have.”

Now I've not done the MSM dosing with any doc supervision, just thru the board here and the book.  But I saw a rheumy last week and mentioned MSM to her and what she thought about it and she said Oh that's great if it's helping you.  Stay with it.  Then I told her I was up to 40 grams per day and she was kinda shocked. 

So they (docs) sure don't know it all and then she went on to talk about drugs for me. I just don't want to go there.  I get along pretty OK with this high dosing of MSM and aspirin.  I'm probably 95% holistic anyway and just go in for bloodwork. 

I think I have a pretty strong stomach in spite of the ulcer I got from an anti-inflammatory med in the 80's  as I don't get upset taking the MSM.  And take it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning (20 grams) 4 tsps.    I keep food in my stomach most of the day.   I hope I've been of help.  Take care.  jam

So you were up to 40,000 per day but now are down to 20,000? I've been taking 35,000 – 40,000 for the past month.. Don't think I'll go any higher but not sure when I'll go down..

Where do you get the cream from?

jaminhealth
    Participant

No, I'm still taking 40 grams per day, in two doses.  But I think I forgot my last night's dose.  I take 4 tsps in the morning and 4 tsps early evening after dinner.

I get my creams Emu Oil cream with MSM from Swansons and my Source Naturals cream from VitaCost where I get my 35 oz jug of MSM powder.   I get most of my supps from these two vit companies.   And as I said I add extra MSM powder to the 4 oz jar of cream.    

jaminhealth
    Participant

Just read thru this whole MSM  thread again.  And re-reading some the Miracle of MSM book again today.  Especially the chapter on Fibro.   I'm thinking so many people with FM would benefit with this “Sulphur” mineral…as I've read a lot on Sulphur deficiency in our bodies.  Suggest one googles Sulphur Deficiency. 

I read back that I was feeling better taking MSM 3 times per day so I'm going back to that  route tomorrow.  About  2-3/4 tps in water three times per day.  That would give me the 40 grams give or take I'm on right now, only in 3 doses. 

I've also read about MSM drops for people with eye issues (glaucoma, floaters, cataracts) and it's also said that MSM drops are good for the ears.  Keeps the membranes more permiable.  Softer vs stiff.   You can make your own drops, but they are pretty inexpensive to buy, so I'd rather get a good bottle from a reputable company that sells MSM drops.     

PS: I wouldn't call it a poison, it's helping so many of us.  More like a miracle powder.  Positive Spins are what we need to focus on.   

tbird2340
    Participant

I only called it poison because that is what it tastes like.. Didn't mean I thought it was poison..

I think I may go back to the pills after this keg of powder is gone.. It is just too hard to get down..

jaminhealth
    Participant

Tom, stuff that tastes good, is not good for us, like Sugar!!!  Breads, cheeses, ice cream…all taste good but certainly not nutritional value. 

Add a little juice to it.  No it's not great tasting but after a while, it's gone and the positive effects are worth a little discomfort. 

I'm a word person and am so aware of words and how strong an affect they can have in our lives.  I know what you meant, but MSM I'm believeing is so healing and beneficial. 

I call my grandkids on saying words like hate, kill, shoot, etc…guess in my heart I'm an old Peacenick.   My parting words to them when I leave them is; treat each other good.  Be good to one another.   It spreads…  Peace  to all.  jam 

vinny
    Participant

I mix my msm with two tsp stevia powder, 2 tsp msm and orange juice. It still tastes bitter, but I picture drinking a strong vodka screwdriver being consumed.

vinny

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

jaminhealth
    Participant

Vinny, 2 tsps of Stevia!!!!!   That is SWEET.   I use a couple drops in my daily coffee and that is sweet enough for me…guess some of us need more sweetness, huh?/// 

tbird2340
    Participant

Vinny, 2 tsps of Stevia!!!!!   That is SWEET.   I use a couple drops in my daily coffee and that is sweet enough for me…guess some of us need more sweetness, huh?///

:roll-laugh: That's what I was thinking too! When I saw he posted that I bout fell out of my chair.. The standard conversion of sugar to stevia is 1 cup of sugar = 1 tsp of stevia.. So, essentially Vinny, you are putting two cups of sugar in! 😯

Hey, whatever works, right?

jaminhealth
    Participant

So Tom, that's the conversion, Wow!!   I like the pic of that little cutie, your child, a girl with the earrings, right?    Take care..jam 

tbird2340
    Participant

So Tom, that's the conversion, Wow!!   I like the pic of that little cutie, your child, a girl with the earrings, right?    Take care..jam

Thanks! 😀 Yup, a girl.. Mya Rae.. She just turned 3 12/30.. She did have earrings until her ears got infected when we put different ones in.. Now she won't let us put new ones in and the holes closed up.. 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘ For successful MSM users’ is closed to new replies.