Home Forums General Discussion After take antibiotic, more swelling and more pain, How can i reduce swelling?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    YG
    Participant

Hi,Chris,Lynnie and friends,
    i didn't mention that i am taking chinese medicine. I take E.Excel supplement since 3 months ago.
    Earlier i took doxycycline 100mg 3 time a wk, but not much effect.
    now i am taking minocycline since dec 29,2009(M,W,F night 100mg), azithromycin (Tue, Thurs)500mg at night. But i stop Azithromycin last thursday due to tremendous pain on top of pain after taking minocycline. Yesterday (sunday) even i am not taking Minocycline, i feel like worse, hand cannot even take a pillow, shoulder, foot base and knee are so pain.
    sometime i take B complex,vitbion forte tablet (for nerve relief).

I also have tried Mobic, Olfen to reduce swelling for short course, i am not sure how long i hv to wait for the swelling go away.

i hope now i am in herx…
    In my place, almost everyday rain for few hour, humidity is high and forest is just 300 meters from my house. i am not sure this will affect me.

Hope to hear from you guys.

YG

36 yrs old, mother of 2 girls (6,4)

APbeliever
    Participant

MSM is fantastic. I started MSM too recently and I feel great. James Coburn RIP, an actor from yesteryears was on it.

http://arthritis.about.com/od/msm/a/jamescoburnmsm.htm.

Chris, are you really sure you are on 30,000 mg of MSM? That is a lot of MSM.

YG
    Participant

hi, what MSM dose you are taking??
    YG

Sir Rifes alot
    Participant

APBeliever,I can count LOL yes 10000×3 a day brought me back to life in December.I am not sure whats going on with me right now but I will get to the bottom of it. 2 hrs acupuncture today.I missed my acupuncture last week i was away out of town. I thought i was allergic to mino yesterday but after talking to someone here and thinking I would be inflamed everywhere and I am not.Just my feet and knees really bother me so that rules that out.I am going to say weather and poor circulation in the body are more likely the cause for me. I have had such a hard time with this ABX .Tired of having to try this and try that just fffin work is all I ask .A little frustrated today.I have one more gun in my arsenal to fight inflammation but i am saving it.gotta figure out what changed to make me feel bad i was doing really well .It keeps coming back to weather.Is it really possible ? Yg think of what may have changed in your life.

chris

Sir Rifes alot
    Participant

there is no way to overdose on MSM .The body will take what it needs and dispose of the rest .VERY SAFE

chris

superperroRA
    Participant

“there is no way to overdose on MSM .The body will take what it needs and dispose of the rest .VERY SAFE”

I wouldn't be so sure about that. You can overdose even on water.

Sir Rifes alot
    Participant

Oh alright you win ! superperro But who would be that stupid ! I mean we are all desperate for relief at times from our afflictions but deliberately over-dosing on something I think not! I take all that MSM and I am having a temporary set back right now but i will figure it out with some help.My nasty fungused toenails are starting to clear up thanx to MSM I am sure of that.HMMMM I havent taken probiotic in 2 weeks could this be my problem ? Doctor suggested 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. For what reason i dont know. Will go back on and stay on.I should know better than to listen to him.I use him for prescriptions and should keep it that way and keep doing what I was doing on my own it was working.

chris

mschmidt
    Participant

Chris,

The only thing I do is cycle different types of probiotic strains every few weeks, and up my probiotics when I get clindamycin iv's.  You certainly don't want fungal/candida issues to rear their ugly head, or worse yet, go systemically.  I hope you find some relief soon, and keep us posted on how you're feeling.

Maria

mschmidt
    Participant

YG,

Thanks for posting your picture–it's so great to put a face to a name.  By the way, you have a gorgeous smile!  Keep smiling:)

Maria

APbeliever
    Participant

Superperro, SirRifesalot is a scorpio. I grew up with two scorpio siblings and I know it first hand how scorpios:headbang:

Sir Rifes alot
    Participant

APbeliever HMMM you know me well.Being tough and hardheaded has kept me going this long .Hey when most have given up I am still in the race WOO HOO I am also crazy !!! LOL

chris The invincible scorpio

SusanSD
    Participant

YG, what is E.Excel supplement? I've never heard of it before. I had severe swelling in the early days of my scleroderma. Short-term prednisone really helped …. if I skipped the dosage for a day or two, the swelling came right back. You need to carefully wean off prednisone, and have a plan for getting off of it. I think I took it for 6 or 7 months, 10 mg per day. While I was starting AP, I was weaning off prednisone and my other drugs. Good luck!

YG
    Participant

Hi Susan,
    you take prednisolone (kind of steroid?) I am worry the side effect, so i have not taken any of steroid.

I have take Olfen before, its better but once i stop it, i feel more pain. So i decided to stop it.
    Now i take Mobic starting yesterday and will continue for a while hope to reduce the swelling/inflammation.

You can visit http://www.eexcel.com.my.

YG

YG
    Participant

Thanks Maria.
    I used to have smiling face and hope every pain gone and we can smile even brighter;)

YG

YG
    Participant

Susan,
    so, how you plan to wean off prednisone? pls share with me….

YG

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 154 total)

The topic ‘ After take antibiotic, more swelling and more pain, How can i reduce swelling?’ is closed to new replies.