Home Forums General Discussion After take antibiotic, more swelling and more pain, How can i reduce swelling?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    lynnie_sydney
    Participant

[user=1979]YG[/user] wrote:

Is your rheumy also using conventional treatment? I am looking for AP doctor. I think the nearest is Australia.

*Anyone know how is the procedure to see AP doctor in Australia? 

YG – if you send me a Private Message (PM) with your email address, I will forward you the list of AP doctors for Australia. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

YG
    Participant

Dear Friends,
    in my last post i told u all i reduce Pred to 2.5mg, but this has more flare to me and i can't even walk properly, more swellon knees, fingers and wrist.
    I just wonder should i start take MTX to replace Pred? I really frustrate that no medicine can reduce the flare and swellon. I can't take it anymore….i have leave all my work and rest at home, no improvement.  

I have to reduce and wean off Pred because now i realise the side effect to bones.

Can i take MTX together with AP? i am so confise now, standing at the junction:(

YG

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

YG – you may need to reduce your pred even more slowly. I believe the last 5mg are the hardest. If you use search box above and type in 'weaning pred' alot of posts will come up with what others have done to help. Hang in there! Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

YG
    Participant

Dear Lynnie, Maz and Ap friends,

Last week i went to see the doctor who i bought the Monocycline from. That is the first time see her. We bring some article of ROadback and precriptions article to show, she is fine enough to accept the article and say she will read it. Then we request her to prescript Clindamycin (IV),  today she has reply me that she only can find oral Clindamycin, 300mg per tablet. 

May i know any of you taken oral Clindamycin and what is the dosage to take? I hope if i take Clindamycin, the swelling can be gone.

Pls comment/share.

YG 

Kim
    Participant

Hi YG,

Sounds like you're making some good progress with your doctors.

None of us are doctors around here so we can't prescribe dosages, but I will tell you what I had.  Over a 5 day period I had 2/day-900mg Clindy IVs, so a total of 1800 mg/day for 5 days.  The reason people use the IVs over oral is that the oral can be very hard on your gut and the IVs bypass the gut.  When doctors use the IVs each doctor seems to have their own preference, some of them use IVs at 300mg, some 600mg, some 900mg.  They also use different timing, some may do once a month, some may do a series like I had every 6 months, etc.

If you take the oral and have some improvement, but have gut issues, you might have a stronger argument with your doctor to use the IVs. 😉

Take care…..kim

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

YG – please read what Kim has responded to you about her experience. I think this will serve you very well. Lynnie 

Be well! Lynnie

A Friend
    Participant

Dear Friends,
    in my last post i told u all i reduce Pred to 2.5mg, but this has more flare to me and i can't even walk properly, more swellon knees, fingers and wrist.
    I just wonder should i start take MTX to replace Pred? I really frustrate that no medicine can reduce the flare and swellon. I can't take it anymore….i have leave all my work and rest at home, no improvement.  

I have to reduce and wean off Pred because now i realise the side effect to bones.

Can i take MTX together with AP? i am so confise now, standing at the junction:(

YG

YG,

You've probably read the articles below already, but hopefully their being available below will be a handy reference for you and others.  YG, it usually isn't quick, and may not be easy, but little by little the things causing the immediate reactions are addressed and we get better and better, be it ever so slowly sometimes.  Healing a leaky gut, not consuming foods that are known triggers, and addressing yeast/fungal overgrowth are good places (usually) to start.  Restrictions won't be forever, and may give much quicker relief.  Good luck to you on this bumpy road back.  AF

ARTICLES ON HERXHEIMER REACTIONS FROM TWO RESPECTED SITES
    SUPPORTING DR. THOMAS McPHERSON BROWN'S PROTOCOLS: 

These first two articles are from http://www.roadback.org

https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/education.display/display_id/91.html
    Jarisch-Herxheimer Reaction

http://roadback.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/education.display/display_id/189.html
    Cognitive Dysfunction in Rheumatic Disease
    “Brain Fog” and AP (antibiotic protocol)

The article below is from  http://www.rheumatic.org:

http://www.rheumatic.org/faq.htm

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ANTIBIOTIC THERAPY
    also in Spanish (courtesy Lucy Riebling)
    and in German (courtesy Achim G

YG
    Participant

Dear Kim, Lynnie, Maz,

thanks for your reply and sharing.

I had discuss with my GP doctor here and he is willing to do Clindamycin IV for me :blush: (the GP whom we know him).  I show him the Roadback article and he will follow the 300mg, 600mg,then 900mg.  Once he has the Clindy ready (they dont usally keep the Clindy as stock, because they seldom use), he will call me to make appointment to do the IV.

What can i expect after taking Clindy IV ? Any Herx?  I am a bit nervous actually….

How do you feel after taking Clindy IV?  

How soon should i do blood test if after i take Clindy IV?

My husband is the one persue me to go for Clinda IV, I really hope there is miracle after taking it.

hope to hear from you all again…

YG

Dan_M
    Participant

What can i expect after taking Clindy IV ? Any Herx?  I am a bit nervous actually….

How do you feel after taking Clindy IV?  

How soon should i do blood test if after i take Clindy IV?

YG

YG, I believe the response will vary from person to person. My son did not herx during the IV's nor after. He did not feel any different at all, except for the fourth day when he got three IV's instead of two (he got three that day so that he only needed to get one on the morning of the fifth day so that he could check out of the hospital early). When he got the three IV's in one day, he got diarrhea that same night. Other than that, he felt no different. Don't be nervous! You will be fine! 🙂

I don't know the answer to the blood test question so hopefully someone else can answer that.

nspiker
    Participant

YG,

I am so happy that you are able to convince your doctor to try the Clindamycin IV's.  For me, Clindamycin has been the one antibiotic that has given me the greatest improvement.  Never had a negative reaction, and never herxed.  The only reaction I did have, was three days after my first set of IV's, had to urinate frequently (25 times in a day).  I think it was my body detoxing. 

My blood is taken once a month.  There is no specific time schedule around the IV's, just monthly blood drawn at my regular doctor's appointment.

I hope you have great success with your IV's….we can't wait to hear your results.:)
    nancy

YG
    Participant

Dear Ryan's dad and Nancy,

thanks for your post and sharing! after see your post, i feel safe and more confident to do Clinda IV.  I should be able to do it next few days.

Nancy, May i know from the 1st course of 7 days Clinda IV can see better improvement?  How long is your 1st course? 1 or 2 weeks?

WHile the week doing Clinda IV, do we still need to take Minocycline or should i stop for that week?  

Is your blood test result show better reading after the AP protocal?

I am looking forward to a better improvement :blush:

will update you soon….

YG

carries
    Participant

Hi YG! I am prednisone free after being on it for 1 year. I was on it prior to starting mino…I was on 5mg…which is considered a safe dose according to my dr who hates pred. I have now been on mino for 8-9months. At month 6 I started to wean off prednisone. I did it very slow . I did it by the quarters ) 0.25mg. I am successfully off of the prednisone. Someone on here gave me that advice and I followed it and n ow I am good to go!!! I went down 0.25mg week by week. Now I did not start to wean off until I felt no pain consistently for 2-3months. No point in weaning off if I was still in pain. Once I was consistently painfree that is when I weaned off. So far so good…I am pred free now for a month….even after one major surgery and then another minor surgery which caused an infection and had to stop mino for two weeks and switch to cipro( which i did herx but nothing i couldnt tolerate). But even after all of that which could have caused a flare up ……I am still pred free….I agree with MAZ and Lynnie …..go very slow! Lots of luck!!!!

carries
    Participant

YG:

Hi again! Did you ever try plaquinil? I try that before MTX.

zoofie_85
    Participant

Hi, I copy this to this place..

i never have seen my hands this swollen:( feeling bad today. took one pill yesterday, on pm and on am…pretty late around 11 i took the lastone. Feeling likes it dont work.. my hands are like balons i can hardly write!! gah!!!

carrie, its from our conversation.
    Im going to buy all the vitamines, but how long are the pain/swelling lasting

nspiker
    Participant

YG,
    I'm sorry I missed your question :(. 

I take 1200 mg. Clindamycin IV's for seven days straight, and then off two weeks.  Dr. F., a well know AP doctor here in CA recommends that we stay ON minocycline, while doing IV's.  My blood tests were never really bad, because I have Reactive Arthritis, not Rheumatoid Arthritis, so there hasn't been a significant change.  The difference for me is, I feel a lot better!

Zoofie,
    I'm sorry you are feeling so bad.  It is very common to have increased pain and inflammation when starting antibiotic protocol.  In some strange way, it means the tetracycline is working.  This is why so many start out on low doses of the tetracyclines, and ramp up to a higher amount.  They want to minimize the reaction of the pain and stiffness. 

If it's too painful, lower you dosage even more, and see if that helps. 

nancy

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 154 total)

The topic ‘ After take antibiotic, more swelling and more pain, How can i reduce swelling?’ is closed to new replies.