Home Forums General Discussion What is low dose Naltrexone good for?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    anjoe
    Participant

I found an autoimmune doctor and on her website it mentions that she does this kind of therapy. Is it good for Polymyositis and Dermatomyositis? Thanks for answers.

Trudi
    Participant

This website has a lot of information on LDN–

http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

betsyr
    Participant

Anjoe,

Would you mind sharing the location of the A/P doctor that you found who uses LND? I see an A/P doctor in Ohio but she does not use LDN and I am interested in it for the treatment of DM and also because of the research that suggests it is beneficial in the treatment of cancer (and possibly in helping kill off cancer cells that develop).

Thanks,

Betsyr

anjoe
    Participant

Sure. I'll be happy to share what I've found about this doctor. The website is: http://www.freewebs.com/arcenter Found out that this Dr. doesn't take insurance therefore, I'm on the search again….
    ………

Eva Holloway
    Participant

betsyr,

if you type in the search “LDN” you will get a lot of information which you can print out and take to your doctor. I ask Dr.K in Lufkin,TX and she gave it to me right away and has it ever helped me. I can do so much more than I could do 6 months ago.I am almost upright now, LDN helps to get your endorphines back in order, you get to sleep better and deeper. I take it in the evening befre I go to bed,

jtubman and ktubman are both using it and can tell you how helpful it is for people with DM.

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

linda
    Participant

I wish I'd known about LDN before I started taking tramadol, as it negates the effects. I've got a long way to go before I can try it, still decreasing the pred and my body is not being at all shy about letting me know that it isn't happy. Down to 6 mg tho, and the weight is coming off quicker, 8 lbs in the last 4 wks a opposed to 10 lbs in the last 9 months. But anyway, if you want to start LDN, do it now.

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Linda,

just keep it in mind once you are off all the stuff that interfers with LDN. I have not taken a pain pill since end of August. I mean not even a tylenol. Some days my left arm bothers me but I just rub some Emu-Blue on it and after a little  the pain is gone. The LDN has really helped.

Take care,

Eva Holloway

Cherie
    Participant

Is it good for Psa too.

Davit
    Participant

What about the vivid dreams side effect.

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Davit,

I know I dream but I think I had only one or two weird dreams since I started LDN in September 2009. I don't think everyone has vivid dreams. I sleep so much better and have not pain what so ever. As I told Linda I haven't taken anything for pain since last August, that includes not even a Tylenol. I am somewhat stiff in the morning but once I have moved around for ten to fifteen minutes I am okay.

I am having a picture taken of me next month when I am on LDN for six months and I will send the before and after so every one will be able to tell how much more upright I am now, then last year.

Eva Holloway

Cherie
    Participant

Hi Eva,

How much do you take?

Thanks,

Heather

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Cherie,

I have been taking 4.5 mg from the beginning, not much problems. the first week I had insomnia, but after that finally sleep for more than 5 or six hours. My body was not used t all the sleep and I had to stop drinking lots of water before I went to bed, some mornings I had to rush to the bathroom:roll-laugh::roll-laugh:. Now it is okay.

Some people start with a lower dose, but I did okay on the 4.5. I have a friend she starte with 4 mg and is doing fine.

Eva Holloway

PhilC
    Participant

This web page has good information on LDN side effects and dosing:
    http://www.webspawner.com/users/sideeffectsofldn/index.html

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Davit
    Participant

Thanks phil.

jaminhealth
    Participant

I'm still at 2mg after almost 4 months.  Worked out the kinks like sleep issues and constipation and hopefully will go to 3mg next month, we'll see.  It's making a great difference for me.  Much much less pain and more energy for sure. 

The LDN Yahoo group is a great group of helpful people.  It's my other home now. 

I make up my own solution from the 50mg tab of Naltrexone and use a dropper of liquid and still take it at 9AM vs the suggested night dosing…I was having sleep issues so went to the morning.  Maybe some day I'll go to the night dose.  I need my sleep.

And OMG, the dreams are absolutely incredible; my other life.  Last night was a doozy.  I'll have to find that old boyfriend!!!!!  He was so vivid in that dream. 

Cannot take it with any narcotics.  Must be out of your system.   Best to take with Alpha Lipoic Acid too, I take 600 mg per  day of ALA.  

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘ What is low dose Naltrexone good for?’ is closed to new replies.