Home Forums General Discussion What is low dose Naltrexone good for?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Davit
    Participant

Jaminhealth

How do you break it down to 2mg. That is cutting it by 25.
    What would happen if you took it with valium.

Davit

jaminhealth
    Participant

I get a script for 50mg tabs of Naltrexone and mix 1 tab with 50ml of distilled water and use a dropper to mesure out my dose.    Mix it in a little dark jar with a wide mouth (old vit bottle) and refrigerate it.  Mix it initially and do NOT mix it with each use.  The sediment settles at the bottom of the jar and you don't take it in.   For me this is the most economical way to use LDN and my doc is fine with the tab or compounded script.    

Nothing happens with valium…just can't take narcotics and only from what I understand 10mg or less of predisone.  Not totally sure on that one but I think that's what I've read many times from others.

jaminhealth
    Participant

Check out ldndatabase.com  and it shows all the illness categories and all the people registered there, how much LDN they take and how they are doing.   

Heavy43
    Participant

BetsyR,  i saw your Post, I have PD,  I want to try the LDN.  how can i get in touch with your Dr.  I can't find one in Houston that will talk to me about LDN

Heavy43
    Participant

Eva,  I see you are in Houston,  I live in Houston, Nearly in Sugar Land.  i can't find a doctor to talk with about LDN.  i have Parkinson's

jaminhealth
    Participant

For whatever it is worth, I gave LDN a 6 month chance…tried every combo and never got above 2.5 mg as I would get worse joint and muscle pains.  The LDN can accumulate and then the side effects.

I've been off it about 2 months,  but recently went back to .5mg every Sunday.  Once per week.   Enough people have problems with it and some are trying this very very low dose once per week.   So far nothing, good or bad.

Some do great on it and many do struggle.   Good Luck.   Go slowly is my best advice. 

Maybe others here can chime in if they are still taking it.      jam    

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Heavy43,

I see a doctor in Lufkin, TX for it, she also treats my RA and Dermatomyositis. I asked her and she readily agreed to let me use it.

I take 4.5 mg and have no problems. I have been on LDN since last year in September and it has really helped me with the muscle weakness. I do know people that can not take the 4.5 mg dose, but they do use a lower dose that helps them.

I am not sure about a doctor here in Houston that prescribes the LDN. There got to be doctors here in Houston, maybe I can ask the compounding pharmacist I get my LDN from who he knows that prescribes it.

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

Heavy43
    Participant

That would be nice of you.  I have found a Dr that may be of help.  I'll know tomorrow, if she calls,  thanks for everything.  rob

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

For those who are trying/thinking of trying LDN, I understand (from info on their site) that it must be the immediate release LDN not the Extended Release version cut down otherwise it apparently wont work. Lynnie 

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Yes Lynnie, that is correct. The time released LDN is not good. You are supposed to be able take the pill and then  a  short time later go to bed and it should help you to fall into a deep sleep. This will help to rebuild your endorvins(? sp) If you don't sleep well it interupts ths process. You are to fall into a REM sleep.

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

anjoe
    Participant

Eva: Are the LDN pills very expensive? Will this help with the redness and inflammation in my legs? I've so many questions about this….I want to talk with Dr. K when I have my next appointment about whether or not I would benefit from the use of LDN.  I don't sleep well at night and have to get up at least once just to adjust my circulation and when I wake up in the mornings I'm very stiff for about 15-30 minutes. I now know how my husband feels before he has his 2 cups of coffee in the mornings. I just don't feel alive when I first wake up in the mornings….Thanks for info….

Polymyositis: 12/09 Currently taking minocycline 100mg on M/W/F

jaminhealth
    Participant

anjoe:  I've been taking Grapeseed Extract for 15 yrs soon.  The major issue GE works on is our circulatory system.  You might do some googling on GE and  your condition.   I have NOT missed a day in 15 yrs in Sept. 

Just thought I'd throw this out.

Other great antioxidants that do about the same thing are:  Pycnogenol and Resveratrol.    jam

APbeliever
    Participant

I have been on LDN since April.  At 4.5 mgs, it was keeping me awake so I went really low to 2.5 and gradually increased again to 4.5 mgs. Thats when all hell broke loose and started having major joint pains. Then I went back to 2.5 mgs and pains went away. Pains came back after a month so I decided to up the dose again and started Minocin 100mgs per day instead of three times a week. I feel much better now after starting Minocin every day for the past few days. RA is such a disease which makes it very difficult to acess if a certain med is causing joint pains or flares or it is just the disease itself. There is one thing that I really like about LDN that it has taken away all my fatigue chills and low grade fever away.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Also good to remember that any time we change our meds or regime, there is the likelihood of herxing for a while. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Fran
    Participant

I started LDN (1.5 mg) a few months ago.  I was on that for 3 weeks then moved up to 3.0 mg.  I was on that for 3 weeks and I really felt horrible with increased joint pains and fatigue.  I'm back down on 1.5 and I'm going to try again to move back up.  I have seen no benefit yet but I'm going to try and move up the dose again.  I really want to give it a good long try to see if it will be helpful.

I also noticed that my appetite has decreased and I felt a very subtle feeling of nausea a lot.  I can not afford to loose any more weight because I'm already very thin and losing muscle mass cuz of the RA so that was another reason I moved my dose back down to 1.5.

I'm not even sure if 1.5 is a therapeutic dosage or not??  Fran

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘ What is low dose Naltrexone good for?’ is closed to new replies.