Home Forums General Discussion UTI Sign of herxing??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    mommaof2princesses
    Participant

Hi,

This is kind of a weird question, but could  a Urinary Tract Infection be part of herxing? When I saw Dr. S he said that we were stirring up alot of bugs…so theoretically could some of these bugs move into my UT? I feel like I am getting a UTI and wasn't sure if this is herxing or coincindental (not that I really believe in coincidence anymore:doh:) I don't think it's a yeast infection although it could be the start of one (I am praying it's not!!) I just had 9 clindy IVs last week does anyone have any input or advice?

Thanks!

PS yes I am taking my probiotics and yes I am avoiding all sugar, yeast and processed food LOL

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Momma,

Sounds like the Iv's stirred up the little critters, but anyway not very pleasant to have, I drank heaps of lemon water and took ural which cleared mine up. see link below, might help, am sure others will come to your rescue soon, hope it doesn't get too bad for you………..Annie

http://www.kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/utiadult/

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

Hi Rockin Annie (lol I love your user name 🙂

Thanks for the answer! I wondered if it was possible that the IVs could get the bugs on the run like that  I am intolerant of lemon :sick: lol otherwise I would definitely try it yep… i guess its just good old cranberry juice for me lol I will check out that link thank you!

DianeWI
    Participant

For the UTI, check out D-Mannose.  It works far better then cranberry.  For some

of us, cranberry can flair things too.   I can get a yeast infection that goes into the

bladder.  Then I have to take the Diflucan to kill the yeast and the D-Mannose

to get the bladder straightened out.  If that doesn't work, then I have to get an antibiotic from the doc.

Diane

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Various drugs are available to relieve the pain of a UTI. A heating pad may also help. Most doctors suggest that drinking plenty of water helps cleanse the urinary tract of bacteria.

Momma – the above is from the site that Annie posted the link to. And yes I got a UTI after starting a new regime of abx last year. (And I have never suffered from UTI's)My AP doc did say it was probably bugs coming out the joints and taking up a new place of residence. It did clear, though she did adjust my regime a little. Maybe try flushing them out with plenty of water for a while as per above and maybe put a call through to Dr S if it doesnt clear up. BTW my AP doc also told me to steer clear of cranberry juice. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

Thanks Lynnie and Diane!

Lynnie Dr S is going to be out of the country for a few weeks as of thursday, I wonder if I should call him before he goes, I hate to bother him before he leaves. I find it reassuring that you got a UTI after starting a new protocol (not that i am glad you got it lol) but the clindy IVs were my first round of  AP and I never get UTI's either (I had on while I was pregnant that put me into early labor THAT was fun lol but that was 2007) I wonder if I should email Dr S.. I haven't actually been diagnosed with a UTI but I just remember how I felt the last time I had one and I have the same sypmtoms I will stay away from the cranberry juice and drink lots of water!

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Momma,

Glad you got home safe and sound through that snowy drive!

I was reading Dr Clark's Book, “Why Arthritis?” last night and he commented that women tended to have a high incidence of urinogenital mycoplasmas…in fact, he says, a 4:1 ratio to men, which is very similar to the incidence of rheumatic diseases among the two sexes.

Might be a good idea to check in with Dr S just to be on the safe side before he goes away. I'm sure he must expect newbies to call with queries after their treatment! :roll-laugh: I'm with the others in that it's probably stirred up your urinary tract mycos or even yeastie beasties, as Diane says, but better to check this than have to sit out any pain in worry.

Hope you feel better soon…as Lynnie says, just keeping flushing out your system as often as possible with lots of fluids.

Peace, Maz

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

Maz,

As always thanks for the great info :roll-laugh: I just sent him an email, I really didn't want to becuase he is leaving Thursday and I feel annoying lol but  Ithink it is a good idea since he will be gone for awhile. I am hoping that I wake up tomorrow and feel great but MAN does my lower abdomen hurt!! Have a good night and thank you all for your input, this website is invaluable!

casey
    Participant

Hi ,

Just letting you know what happened to me when i started AP. I started doxy at low dose 50mg every other day. Within one month, i developed something that felt like a UTI. Testing showed blood , high leukocytes and bacteria present in the urine. This progressed into severe kidney infection that required another heavy duty abx for a month on top of the doxy. About a month OFF the other abx, it crept back and i went back to the other abx for another month. That was 19 months ago and though i still have every second month urinalysis to moniter this, it has cleared.

Keep an eye on this closely as it can progress quickly to kidney infection if it is a UTI. I do believe it stirred up the bugs and this was one of the places they were congregating. I also took D mannose as well but that didnt work on its own as i my infection was far advanced.

This is an easy thing  to moniter and very important . Also, if you have a UTI now , even after treatment , it is wise to be monitered by urinalysis as infection can sit quietly and come back without suspicion until it is full fledged.

Moniter closely, kidneys are so precious and kidney damage can be prevented .

Casey

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

I will! I don't really have a primay physician right now but if I have to tonight I will go to the ER or an urgent care facility I am sure they can do al lthe testing too. I woke up with terrible bdominal cramps this morning! Yuck!

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

Casey,

What were your symptoms? (if you don't mind me asking!)

casey
    Participant

Sending you a PM!

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

thanks!!!

mschmidt
    Participant

One of Dr. S's nurses contacted me via email after I sent him one the other day.  So, even though when he's gone, they will respond to you for sure.  I hope you feel better, and so sorry you are having issues.  I've been herxing big time since the IV's–I have all sorts of pain an inflammation happening in my joints, as well as the fatigue component that was NEVER there before for me.  I'm here for you if you need to talk or vent.  It's a good thing that we're both feeling crappy because that means the IV's are doing their job:roll-laugh:

Maria

kat
    Participant

BTW my AP doc also told me to steer clear of cranberry juice.

Can anyone tell me why the cranberry is bad with AP? Cranberry juice is my main source of vitamin C, now I'm a bit worried!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘ UTI Sign of herxing??’ is closed to new replies.