Home Forums General Discussion UTI Sign of herxing??

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

[user=27]Maz[/user] wrote:

[user=28]A Friend[/user] wrote:

It's a shame you don't tolerate lemon, because even though we think of it as acidic, it becomes alkaline when we consume it in water and other liquid, and it helps neutalize acids.  ……….. If you do test with a very acidic pH, you may want to try stirring 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda into 4 ounces of water (stir and dissolve it completely first) and drink it between meals and at bedtime (on an empty stomach) for a couple of days as a trial. 

[Addendum:  Maz, thanks.  I liked hearing your story below.  Let's also not forget about the link  http://www.keephopealive.org/lemondrk.html  It has so much good information that can be helpful to those of us with a lot of compromised body parts!  The drink (for those who tolerate lemon) certainly seems to restore a lot of things we need to help our battered immune systems and bodies.  Thanks for your post regarding Momma's and others problems.  Acidosis and failure to absorb nutrients is a biggy for us.  AF]

AF, this is a great suggestion! Long ago, when my parents lived in Pakistan and I was a teen visiting them from boarding school in England, I developed a really bad, burning, painful UTI. Infections of all kinds aren't uncommon out in these way out places.

The village doc – maybe a witch-doc? – couldn't speak English and was afraid to look at me (a female), but prescribed abx (with my Dad hovering in the background and pointing to his groin and mimicking pain), but also what he called an “alka-citrate” solution to drink. It wasn't all that pleasant, but it really helped to reduce the acidity in the urinary tract until the medication kicked in. Essentially the alka-citrate solution was what you're describing….citrate (lemon) mixed with an alkaline substance (baking soda). It absolutely worked and the burning pain was greatly relieved.

If it's a candida infection, should work just as well, as candida thrives in an acid environment, too. A handy trick to reduce the burning of acid urine for anyone with a UTI, unless sensitive to citrus fruits, of course. 😉

Peace, Maz

Peace, Maz

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi A Friend,

Thanks for the reminder about lemons, I haven't been as diligent about adding lemon to my water daily, as I have mountains of visitors and was always in a hurry. But consequencely my wrists have been aching, so maybe that could be the cause, am back on lemon water now, so I will see if that could have been the cause.

Its amazing how slack I can become, when the body is feeling great :blush:…..Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘ UTI Sign of herxing??’ is closed to new replies.