Home Forums General Discussion Post technical issues with New Forum Here

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    Eva Holloway
    Participant

Hello,
    I noticed that if I don’t use the RBF every day it will not notify me when something new comes in, so I have to keep watch every so often and check in and then I get my notification again for a few days. Is there a problem somewhere that it drops me out of the loop?
    Eva

Eva Holloway

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Eva – a few couple of things to consider. The most obvious one is whether you have checked the boxes for notifications on all new threads. Also, are you using the same computer each time – if not, that may make a difference as you’ll need to sign in each time on a new computer. I know ehen I’m away and checking in remotely, I only get notifications on anything I’ve contributed to.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

I’ve got a question – what should I do? I registered and tried to post in one thread, at first I didn’t noticed I couldn’t post, but then I realised my post was left to be checked by a moderator. (I didn’t expect this after reading FAQ and rules). Ok, so that was several days ago, and the post hasn’t appeared. So I don’t know whether it’s because my post was considered irrelevant or was it some other reason. I also can’t see any way to send a personal message to anyone. I don’t even know if this post will be published – probably not, but I hope somebody will read this and answer. So I’m rather cut off from the forum, if you don’t want me to write here at all, please just let me know.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

SLCS – welcome to the Discussion Forum! I’m not sure which thread you tried to post in – there dont appear to be any waiting for moderator approval. The first 3 posts of a newly registered members require approval before they are visible on the Forum. This is to stop unwanted SPAM getting through.

This post was only picked up today because it was posted on Easter Sunday and alot of people have been away over that Long Weekend. Apologies for that. And if you let me know where you tried to post before, I’ll check the thread for you.

P.S. I found your post from April 3 and have approved it – it must have been overlooked. Sorry and welcome again!

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Lynnie I am having problems with the search engine.

even if I remove what I put in because nothing came up, it keeps telling me I have too many words. so there seems to be a
    problem there. I guess others must have mentioned it but just in case. It is really annoying when you cannot go in and search anymore for info. When you have time.

Hope all is well.
    We have had a wonderful time with Channel 7 over here pushing lyme disease. They are like a dog with a bone and wont let go.
    They have a Dr. & vet on board who are going to try and see if they can find any down Rockingham way. where several patients have it. Two babies just recently. they are now sending testing to the States because we have found our not to be reliable.
    I wanted to know how to spell the Igenex lab or what ever it is, and find out if there are any more bands than what I had.. That seemed to be the most poplular one mentioned for sensativity or is there another one? I have a girlfriend I am sending all the info to as I am so concerned about her as she has a real problem walking and not been to a neurologist. She has very bad arthritic symptoms. The Dr. who is treating them, these patients and working with Ch. 7 is holistic. I am trying to find out if he uses abx so if he does I will be able to get someone to ask him for you to go on the list. I do not think it was viewed in the East but they did a long programme with myself and another girl who was also diagnosed with chronic fatigue. It has been on a couple of times so far. I bringing more patients in. If you could help me with this info I would appreciate it. Thanks.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Lynnie I am having problems with the search engine.

even if I remove what I put in because nothing came up, it keeps telling me I have too many words. so there seems to be a
    problem there.

Rosemary I am sorry but it’s not clear to me what your problem is. What do you mean by trouble with the search engine? Your search engine is something like Googhle or Yahoo. Not connected to Road Back. Any chance you can explain a little more?

Be well! Lynnie

Up the top of the board, where it says search – where you look for old posts on this site.
    Even when i had another go now the old matter I put in is still there, you cannot remove it. It just keeps coming back then it says you have too many words or something. Just means I cannot check on things.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Okay I think you mean the search box which is at the top of General Discussion first page. When searching for something you need to just put in one or two key words – such as ‘weaning pred’, ‘detox’ – not whole phrases or sentences.
    Then when you want to put in something else to try, you need to go back to the front page again before you type in something else – just use the back arrow at the top left of the page to do this until you get back to the original front page with a blank serach box.

Be well! Lynnie

Sorry to waste your time. Did not think to do that, or even that a simple thing like that could cause it.
    Now I am having to log in every time and was over that bit for some time. Suppose it could be my computer.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Rosemary – firstly tick the box that says ‘log me on automatically’ where you sign in. Then when you leave the Forum, dont click on logout, just close the Forum (top right hand of screen the x in red box). That way you should just be able to access automatically each time you open the forum site (except when you are using another computer)

Be well! Lynnie

SheilaR
    Participant

Hi,

I just joined the site and am having some difficulty figuring out where I can (or how I can) post my own thread or journal. Tomorrow I am seeing my physician armed with your printouts, and feel sure I will be starting this program.

I did call a certain clinic and was told they would not take me because I had a certain insurance plan. I assured them I would be paying personally, yet they said NO, because of some contract with my insurance company and if they found out I had an insurance card with that company I would be dropped and they could be fined. HUH? They said if I had no insurance they would take me.

Anyway, I look forward to being an active participant…once I get this figured out with your help!

Sincerely,
    SheilaR

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Sheila and welcome to the RBF Forum

The Personal History and Progress area is for you to post details of your disease, history and progress on AP – as a record for yourself, your physicians and whoever may be interested to read it (it is also soooo easy to forget, it’s a great reminder of events and timelines for ourselves). Others cannot post on these threads, they can only read them. These are for authors’ journal notes only.

General Discussion is the area of the Forum where anyone can start a thread and anyone can post a response.

Hope this helps!

Be well! Lynnie

tbird2340
    Participant

Test reply.

tbird2340
    Participant

Test 2.

tbird2340
    Participant

Test 3

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 184 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.