Home Forums General Discussion Post technical issues with New Forum Here

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    lynnie_sydney
    Participant

We have recently had a whole raft of technical problems with the Forum. These include extremely slow page loads, sometimes just a blank page coming up, no email notification of posts/watched threads/PM’s and a few other annoying issues. We have been working to find out the cause(s) and to rectify. We have also updated the Forum to latest phpbb version. Some of the problems seem to have now resolved and page loads back to normal speed. Some people are now also receiving email notifications again, while others are not. To those who are not, please check your individual settings in your User Control Panel (above on left). We are still working to restore optimum performance.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Anonymous
    Participant

I’m new and have been working on my first post (pretty long) off and on for a few days. I’ve switched to doing it on word pad to copy and paste, because when typing on the post the page keeps going to the top. Like if I’m down the page enough not to see the top it just pops to the top like you hit a back to top of page button. It may be something I’m doing wrong though! This is not a complaint! My wife and I love this place!

Maz
    Keymaster

@hoghunter wrote:

I’m new and have been working on my first post (pretty long) off and on for a few days. I’ve switched to doing it on word pad to copy and paste, because when typing on the post the page keeps going to the top. Like if I’m down the page enough not to see the top it just pops to the top like you hit a back to top of page button. It may be something I’m doing wrong though! This is not a complaint! My wife and I love this place!

Hi Hoghunter,

This happened to me and a few others here, too, until Lynnie mentioned it may be the browser being used…it wasn’t compatible with the PhPbb software of this forum. So, I switched from IE (internet explorer) to Firefox…but now using Google Chrome with my latest laptop. Works fine now and no annoying jumping to the top in the middle of typing. Hope this helps! Welcome to the RBF forum. ๐Ÿ™‚

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

yup it’s a little bug in this system when using Internet Explorer. Seems to behave okay with most of the others (Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome) which you can have a look at using, at least for this Forum.

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

gbaker
    Participant

Hi
    I have tried posting emails provately but they sit in my outbox for days. Not sure what to do,
    Gwen

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Gwen – in this system PM’s sit in your outbox until the recipient has picked them up. So, obviously, they are not picking them up at the moment.

Note: If any recipients are new people, they need to post 3 times before they can send and receive PM’s. It’s a SPAM preventive measure.

Be well! Lynnie

Krys
    Participant

Hi,
    There’s always a delete button, an X by the avatar, that one can use to delete the posts.
    I tried to delete my post that was just 1 day old (without reading the links I thought I was still writing on the topic, whereas I was completely off the topic), but there was no and still isn’t any delete button.
    I deleted by editing but still had to write something to be able to do the changes.
    It’s on “Biofilms some interesting links” thread.
    If the X button now stays only for a few hours, can you please kindly delete my post from that thread?
    I’m having emotional reactions to being so much off, and now I am overreacting with, quite “off”, embarrassment. It seems silly to feel like crying over something that can be easily deleted.
    Thank you, Krys

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Krys – if you click on edit then look at the top, it will have an option to delete the post – you just check the box and submit. Hope this helps

Be well! Lynnie

Krys
    Participant

Sorry, Lynnie. No delete option anywhere. The only delete is on the bottom: “delete all board cookies”. No “X” or any other “delete” anywhere.
    Krys

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Krys – have to go to meeting now (day time my time zone). Will have a look when I get back. Can you tell me if something has changed with what you re seeing on your forum view? Any details will help. Thanks

Be well! Lynnie

Krys
    Participant

Lynnie,
    Thank you for trying to help. Yes, just last few hours (after your reply), I’ve noticed that my page, only on RBF, often slides up to the very top. Maybe it was present earlier today but I did not pay attention. Sometimes, not with every page on RBF, the letters start small and soon afterwards adjust to the font size I had chosen to use.
    Out of 70 posts going back mid. Sept., only 6 have delete button. So I checked back to 14 pages of my posts: there is no rhyme nor reason which posts have delete button, which don’t. Vast majority don’t. Out of 140 only 25 had X for delete, most in July. Sometimes within the same thread there is 1 post with the button and the rest did not have it.
    I checked another browser, it is just like on Firefox. I only used delete button once, so maybe it has always been this way.
    If it cannot be fixed, can you personally delete that unfortunate post?
    Warm wishes, Krys

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

sounds like it was bothering you, even though no content to speak of, so I have deleted as requested. Your problem sounds weird and it sounds like a browser or server issue. If you have the patience, perhaps you could try Chrome and Internet Explorer to check whether all browsers act the same. There seems to be no remarkable omission etc in admin panel.
    The only other way I can check anything is by logging on as you and seeing if I can pick up something. To do that, I will need to temporarily change your password – which I’ll PM to you. You can then change it back when you login with temp password (through your user control panel – profile/settings). Let me know if you’d like me to do that.

Be well! Lynnie

Krys
    Participant

Please do!Thank you, Lynnie!
    Self-changing font size must be my computer: I was playing with the font appearance and size lately and maybe messed things up too much! So no need to look out for that.
    But if there’s a way for me to regain my X-s ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† , even though I do not normally use this function, everything would be perfection!!!
    Happy New Year!!! Krys

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Krys – I went in as you but could find nothing. Then I reverted to FAQ’s and found the answer. You cannot delete a post once someone has replied (moderators can still do so). Relevant par quoted below.

How do I edit or delete a post?
    Unless you are a board administrator or moderator, you can only edit or delete your own posts. You can edit a post by clicking the edit button for the relevant post, sometimes for only a limited time after the post was made. If someone has already replied to the post, you will find a small piece of text output below the post when you return to the topic which lists the number of times you edited it along with the date and time. This will only appear if someone has made a reply; it will not appear if a moderator or administrator edited the post, though they may leave a note as to why they

Be well! Lynnie

Krys
    Participant

Makes sense. Thank you, Lynnie!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 184 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.