Home Forums General Discussion Post technical issues with New Forum Here

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

I am new to this site, but I know about The Road Back Foundation for years. I would like to find doctors in our area, Austin, TX, but the my browser cannot find the address, http://www.apdoctors@roadback.org. I have tried several times. What am I doing incorrectly? I must be missing something. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Larky (Leslie)

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Leslie and welcome to the Discussion Forum. That is an email address rather than a website. You email apdoctors@roadback.org with your details. If you look at the top of the General Discussion topics list you will see a topic on this and that tells you what details to provide

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

A Friend
    Participant

Do you have recommendations about “when replying to posts and/or when creating posts” that would help with suddenly losing what we’ve keyboarded? (I usually realize when I’ve just lost a reply that I’ve tediously keyboarded: that I have just clicked the wrong back arrow, etc. and “shazam! my post vanished! If you have any words of wisdom (for us to commit to memory) on this subject, I’d appreciate it. For a time, I created my post in my Word program, and then pasted it to the BB. Today, when it just happened… again… I decided to ask you if you just might have a sure-fire way to “hold that post; and keep this from happening.”

Lynnie… thank you for being our “whiz kid” and leading me “out of the wilderness.”

AF

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

AF – there’s nothing that I can say that will definitely do the trick but here are a few things you can try (sometimes it will depend on the computer’s operating system as to what may work).
    You can try using the ‘refresh’ button (usually located somewhere top right) and see if the post re-appears
    You can try using the forward arrow (if it’s the back arrow you’ve inadvertently pressed).
    You can click on the edit tab and then ‘undo’ which will undo the last action
    Another thing you can try, which is something I tend to do, is to highlight text and press the Ctrl and C keys down at the same time. That will copy what you’ve written. If, for some reason, you lose it, you can then press Ctrl and V keys together which will paste the copied text back in. Unless you do some other copying after you’ve pressed Ctrl + C, you wont lose it until you paste it back in.

Might be worth doing a trial run on a few of the above to see what might work. You always write such extensive and thoughtful posts, I can imagine how frustrating it must be to lose one.
    Hope something helps!

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

jelretiredmama
    Participant

Trying to send a pm to a member and it is stuck in my outbox. Any suggestions?

tks

jelretiredmama
    Participant

I finally think I got the pm to go through, so will consider case closed for now. Tks.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

On this system PM’s stay in the sender’s outbox until picked up by the recipient. It doesn’t mean that it hasnt been sent – just not picked up. Just an anomaly of the system.

Be well! Lynnie

Anonymous
    Participant

I’m very new here! I was trying to attach my usual avatar to my profile, but the form I saw only allowed for “canned” avatars or one linked by URL. Other groups I’m a member of give the option of uploading my picture from my database.
    I don’t see any way to do that here -?-

It says to contact the board administrator, but there’s no contact link for that either!
    I’m frustrated!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi exotec
    Welcome to the Discussion Forum. Sorry you’ve had problems with this – and it should now be resolved.
    The avatars folder upload setting was not set as a writable folder which was why you couldn’t do that. This was missed because a lot of longtime users were transferred over (with avatar!) when RBF changed system. You should now be able to upload from your own database, maximum file setting is 2000kb (2mb) which should be plenty.

Be well! Lynnie

Anonymous
    Participant

I just tried to upload my file, but had no luck. The file size is 3 KB – a .jpg. I have a .gif of the same pic, but it’s larger (5 KB). It works on most other forums I use, so I’m assuming (hoping?) I’m just doing something wrong… I clicked on the choose file, clicked on my file, and then submit, but it never updates the avatar that I can see. At least, not on that page.

Maybe it takes a while to work through the system? or am I just having mental brownouts?!?
    ~vicki~

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

will come back to you….waiting on response from webmaster on this.

Be well! Lynnie

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi exotec – it looks like the file size was too small based on the settings that were changed. They have now been increased to allow for an image up to about 1 mb. Please try again and see if you can upload now.

Be well! Lynnie

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Lynnie;
    For the last few weeks I have not been receiving any of the usual e-mails when others are making a comment on a post.Cookies are o.k. Any ideas?
    Lynne

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

seems to happen occasionally Lynne. Apart from clearing your cache (sounds like you have) you could try checking and refreshing settings in your User Control Panel (re receiving notifications). Also ensure box is checked below when you post (one that says notify me when a reply is posted). Lastly check in your SPAM filter (some notifications end up in trash). If you do all this and it still keeps happening, let me know.

Be well! Lynnie

Anonymous
    Participant

I am new to this site. I can’t figure out how to read the posts or search the posts. My daughter has recently been diagnosed with systemic sclerosis. She 14 and her only symptoms are crooked pinkies, red and white hands (maybe Reynaud’s) and acid reflux. She has a positive ANA, speckled, she has protein in her urine but she feels fine and leads a normal teenage life. They did numerous blood and urine tests and tests on her heart, lungs, esophagus and spine and all are perfectly normal (except what I mentioned). The two pediatric rheumatologists we consulted with (one ACSF, the other Children’s hospital of Philadelphia) both agree that she should start on prednisone and methotrexate. I am terrified of this. I’ve read some of your testimonials, I’ve ordered the book everyone suggests. I’d like Dr. referrals in the SF bay area or San Mateo county who are familiar with the AP and I’d like diet advice and reading material. I’d also like to read more of other people experience with this disease. I keep reading about scleroderma and it seems to be used interchangeably with systemic sclerosis, but I don’t really know if it’s the same. I am overwhelmed but ready to dig in and study. I need to figure out what to do for my child. Thank you. Wendy McLaughlin

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 184 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.