Home Forums General Discussion New product/reduces joint-specific inflammation/as effective as steroids

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

http://www.flexnow.us/

New clinical research has just come out…since this program was recorded.

Flex Now reduces joint-specific inflammation. 
    [/size]

If the above link does not work, go to  http://www.radiomartie.com and then to archived shows November 2007, Leonard Smith. 

In the beginning of the program, he tells about why he left the pharmaceutical company development programs and began working on certain neutraceutical products — especially did he discuss these that are having an unusually helpful effect for serious bone and joint problems.  The company, Flex-Now,  guarantees their product.  If there is not noticeable improvement in 30-60 days, you can return your receipts for a full refund.  The hour-long recorded program is very impressive.  There is a large Medical Center physician who was mentioned who has ordered lots of it to give to his patients. 

The controlled studies/downloadable abstract is available by clicking the Flex Now web site:
    http://www.flexnow.us/clinicals/clinicals.cfm

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi AF,

Thanks for these links!  I went online and found FlexNow at Vitacost.com for $29.99 for 90 gelcaps and purchased two bottles to give it a go. Will report back to let you know how it's going after a month or so.

Peace, Maz

A Friend
    Participant

Maz, here's hoping this gives you much help.  I'm thinking I need to order some of it, too.  When I first heard the program, it grabbed my attention as I have a son much too young to have a knee replacement…. yet it is being discussed.  I sent this information to him, and am hoping he will insist on giving this a try before such an extreme procedure is done.  Thanks for the Vita-Cost ordering information.  That appears to be a nice saving, and is still guaranteed. 

AF

John McDonald
    Participant

Assuming that it works, how does it work? Does it suppress inflammation by suppressing the killing of bacteria? Would this product help in the long run or hinder in the long run. Isn't that pretty much the story of steroids?

Maz
    Keymaster

That's a good question, John. It's something I try to bear in mind any time I try something new, as well. This part caught my eye on the website FAQ:

What is a triterpene?

Triterpenes are a group of active natural compounds found in a multitude of plants. These compounds give most plants antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial protection. While triterpenes keep plants in good health, the shea triterpenes are distinctive in the botanical world for their ability to reduce inflammation in humans.

Just had this hunch it might be something that would be synergistic with AP, but I could be wrong. Any thoughts?

Peace, Maz

John McDonald
    Participant

The woman who writes bacteriality.com was very sick a year or so ago and on the MP. She had a thousand symptoms related to CFS and a medicine for each one. That should be familiar to many of us. She was racing along on the MP, ramping up quickly on the antibiotics with tolerable herxing. When she tried to reduce these other meds she found out that her herxing in unrelated tissues became unbearable. That is, a sleep med might mitigate joint herxing, (a made up example). She discovered that many of the meds seemed to work by suppressing her immune reaction. She had to back way off of the antibiotics to avoid intolerable herxing while she weaned from these meds. She was very perceptive and that became a surprising lesson to all of us. But it makes sense doesn't it? If some mystery medicine or supplement makes us feel better, especially if it makes us quickly better, then it has a real good chance of doing so by stopping our immune response; party time for the microbes. If it has an antibacterial action then that is likely to make us feel worse, not better.  Any resulting improvement may take time. By the way, the young woman, Amy Proal, seems dramatically improved these days.

All of the foregoing only makes sense if you think as I do that occult bacteria cause these rheumatic diseases. That, and you must also buy into the idea that you must herx in some fashion to improve. If both of these things are not true, then the triterpenes, whatever they are, may be just the ticket. But then, if you don't believe in the bacterial etiology then the disease is pretty hopeless. You can contain it, maybe, for a time. But if your own immune system is destroying your own body then things will get worse. :)Happily:) I believe that occult bacteria are involved and that is why AP works. And for me it has worked splendidly.

A Friend
    Participant

John,

Thanks for sharing the information from bacteriality.com.  I believe that my son's joint condition, which also had a severe injury in his late teens, has non-cell-walled organism involvement — not only in this instance, but other things that have previously surfaced.  However, until he is willing to acknowledge and learn about any of this, I'm thinking this new product just might even greatly help, and may buy him (hopefully) a longer time before he thinks he must accept the knee replacement.  Also, apparently the 'organisms' have done a great deal of damage already; and, if the new product can settle all of this down, I'm thinking it can be beneficial — and better for him than the steroids. 

About others who are on AP, I'm thinking if I had inflammation and pain that was already hard to tolerate, and until it was more under control, I just might choose FlexNow to assist with the inflammation while the AP did what it can do — and at a later time, when things were feeling much better and stable for a time, do a trial of MP to see if more of the organisms could be routed out using MP protocol. Thankfully, I'm hearing more and more about doctors out there who are “friendly” to MP and knowledgeable of it.  Hallelujah!!! 

Admittedly (my crystal ball fails to give me “the” correct picture) all of this is supposition — and has no basis in known fact — but I'm hoping for some relief for him, but hopefully not involving knee replacement for a long time yet, if at all.

John McDonald
    Participant

AF – I don't know how or even if the product works. I couldn't say whether someone should take the product or not. I just wanted to introduce the idea that if a product or prescription medicine offers palliation it may be by suppressing immunity. It just makes sense. Not only that, but if we have migraines that may well indicate that “migraine tissues or organs” whaterver those are, may be infected.  And if you buy that you must herx your way to health, and that is unique to Trevor Marshall, then at some point in our AP (or MP) we may have to face migraine herxes. An anti-migraine pill may interfere with full recovery. But I would still use the migraine med in early AP or MP except I would attempt to wean off of it as possible.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=3]John McDonald[/user] wrote:

If some mystery medicine or supplement makes us feel better, especially if it makes us quickly better, then it has a real good chance of doing so by stopping our immune response

Hi John and AF,

Like AF, I'm right with you, John, and so appreciate your insight and care to take the time to share it, but I'm really feeling I need some type of palliative (aside from the 2 meezly Advil I allow myself each day) for my knees. I've managed to avoid the big-gun NSAIDs, as well as prednisone and cortisone shots when at my worst, and I know I'm just going through a rough period of herxing with the zith, but yesterday my knees felt like they were back to ground zero.

I figure if I can just take something temporarily to reduce the inflammation, allowing the abx to get into these large joints, they may stand a chance. I'm at the point where I don't want to increase the Advil and risk stomach/gut probs and, in spite of being able to tolerate high pain levels, I'm really feeling the need for something to help temporarily with this wretched inflammation. At this point, JointFlex appears to be a good possibility with no documented drug interactions or side-effects. So, I think I'm going to give it a try for two months and see where it goes….by then, hopefully, I'll be over the worst of this herxing. :crying:

Peace, Maz

A Friend
    Participant

John,

You need have no concern about the tenor of your posts.  I have always appreciated and respect your opinions.   And, I always want and appreciate the bigger picture, from you and others, than I get from my own perspective and findings.  

The comments I made replying to you were just to share the bare facts about this mature son of mine, with children of his own.  He has never shown interest in really knowing and learning about AP, and doesn't seem to realize or accept that these same conditions/possibilities (which apply to my case) may be part of his problems. 

John, your manners are impeccable — and your verbal communication truly diplomatic.  You ought to know this by now, because many of us have had reason to tell you this quite often.  You're our role model! 

Thanks for caring… and sharing,

Parisa
    Participant

A Friend,

I can understand your concern about your son having knee replacement surgery and wanting to avoid it.  However, if he does get to the point that he has to have it done, rest assured that in my previous career as a medical interpreter with many ortho patients the people I met with knee replacements were very happy with them.  They were pain free and could do normal things again.

A Friend
    Participant

BB'ers,

Just now “chatted” with Maz.  I tried to “edit” my original post on FlexNow, but the time allowance had expired. 

So, this is to alert you that Maz has received some additional information concerning those who may be thinking about using FlexNow and are presently taking immune-depressing drugs. 

Maz asked:  One question for you…just received my FlexNow supplement […..]On the insert, on the side that has a Q & A, it says:

Q. Can I take FlexNow with other medications?

A. At this time we are not aware of any drug interactions with FlexNow Joint Formula. Since FlexNow most likely enhances the immune system we do not recommend taking FlexNow if you currently take a drug to suppress your immune system. These drugs are most often given after organ transplants, such as after a heart or kidney transplant, or for serious autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis.

Just wondering if a comment should be placed on the BB under the FlexNow thread just mentioning this. It occured to me that others on the BB might have ordered this product, too, but are taking pred, mtx, biologics, etc.  Any thoughts on this?

Maz, considering that there may be new people on the Board that may not do a lot of homework, I believe this would be a good thing to add to either your post or mine.  I could edit my original post and add the excerpt you've posted here.  However, since you mentioned that you had ordered the product, I believe people will know to read your posts about taking this.  I will also go there now and edit (if I still can) [wouldn't let me] and mention that you have additional information about taking the product… so they will not order it without asking further questions and/or doing more research. 

AF 

Admin

I have removed the time limit for editing posts so edit away.

admin

A Friend
    Participant

Parisa,

Thanks for your positve comments about knee replacements.  That's reassuring on one hand.  However, on the other hand, I would also wonder if the patient has RA, and not OA, would the good result be the same over the long term … or, in the case of RA, would the organisms causing inflammatory response just migrate to another place (one of the weakest places) in the body and have the process begin anew there. 

Worry-Wart here.  Have become accustomed to contemplating the “what-if's.” 

Thanks again, AF

Parisa
    Participant

A Friend,

In the a total knee replacement you're replacing the whole joint so if the knee joint is destroyed and beyond rehabilitation or regeneration you are taking care of the problem in that joint.  If it's RA as we well know it can spread to other areas.  If it's due to trauma or osteoarthritis, then the knee joint will be replaced and the problem will be gone. 

I saw alot of arthroscopies to “clean up” problem joints usually due to injury.  For some people, the surgery worked and they went on their way.  But for a certain percentage, all the arthroscopies in the world couldn't fix their knees and these people lived in a lot of pain.  I had one patient who had had a knee replacement on one side.  His other knee wasn't considered “bad” enough to replace but after the knee replacement on the other side that became his “bad” leg.  He couldn't wait for it to become “bad” enough so he could replace that one too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘ New product/reduces joint-specific inflammation/as effective as steroids’ is closed to new replies.