Home Forums General Discussion Miracle Mineral Supplement

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    spacehoppa
    Participant

Hi Linda, Thanks for your post and your concern. Don't worry, I took no offence at all. This is uncharted waters and it is pretty scary stuff. I just did a lot of reading and took a risk that's all.

You'll be pleased to hear though that I'm not daft enough to use MMS whilst trying to get pregnant though. That's why I only took it for 2 months, as I wanted to have a 3 month washout period before trying to get pregnant.

I have no idea what it would do in pregnancy and would never want to be the first to find out!

Thanks again. We're all pioneers here. Some are just a bit crazier than others 😉 .

JBJBJB
    Participant

Hi all,

Thanks so much for all the information and opinions on this topic you posted. I am still researching and I found this link which helps to understand the basics in addition to the book. It's FAQ. http://www.miraclems.com/faqs-about-mms-miracle-mineral-supplement.html

Here is another link talking about MMS treating cancer.

http://www.alternative-cancer-care.com/Miracle_Mineral_Supplement.html

:JB

greeno
    Participant

I believe this adds more weight to the safety of MMS.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=2vN64QtjI2UC&pg=PA11&lpg=PA11&dq=ingesting+chlorine+dioxide&source=web&ots=I4bZ5hhLJi&sig=kYNWb4CURnRWccyuSvtyskceafM&hl=en#PPA11,M1

“In one study human volunteers drank up to 24 ppm CIO2 or CIO/2 in solution and showed no adverse effects.”

“Rats fed up 1000 mg/L chronically for 6 months showed no significant haematological changes. After 9 months, however, red blood cell counts, hematatric, and haemoglobin were decreased in all treatment groups. Lack of toxicity on a long term but low level  basis is dramatically illustrated by a study where rats were fed CIO2 in high doses over a 2 year period”.

I find this all very intriguing, who would have ever thought of ingesting Chlorine dioxide in the first place. When you google it, there really isn't a lot of information, except for a lot of repeat information from the MMS crowd.

spacehoppa
    Participant

Thanks Greeno, very interesting link.

There is more research to be found at Dr Hesselink's web site, in which he has links to a lot of research about sodium chlorite (MMS) and the byproduct of activated sodium chlorite – chlorine dioxide – the substance that does the work according to Jim Humble.

http://bioredox.mysite.com/CLOXhtml/CLOXhome.htm

Here's an interesting article I found whilst reading one of his links. It's talking about a company that is using sodium chlorite (presumably activated, but I'm not sure) as a way of treating AIDS. They're calling their product WF10, but I bet it's not a million miles off being activated MMS.

http://www.aegis.com/news/bw/2000/BW000802.html

spacehoppa
    Participant

Here's a link to a couple of paragraphs that describe the content of that news article in laymen's terminology. This appears to be the parent company.

http://www.nuvoresearch.com/pipeline/iregulation.asp

And this page talks about WF10 (their sodium chlorite based drug) being used as a cancer treatment.

http://www.nuvoresearch.com/pipeline/wf10.asp

spacehoppa
    Participant

Here's another article saying basically the same thing as the one I posted above, but this one is more long winded.

What they're saying is that the sodium chlorite based drug downregulates antigen specific immune responses (such as tnf-alpha and so on), whilst simultaneously upregulating phagocytosis (where the immune system basically devours bacteria, pathogens and cell debris whole).

So it calms down antigen based immune over-responses and improves innate immunity.

http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?wo=1999017787&IA=WO1999017787&DISPLAY=DESC

“The results achieved by administration of an aqueous solution containing a stabilized chlorite solution reveal that it is capable of inhibiting an antigen-specific immune response. It has previously been reporte that administration of an aqueous solution containing a stabilized chlorite solution is effective in enhancing phagocytic activity. Thus, it now is possible by administering only one medicament to inhibit one type of immune response, (antigen presentation and proliferation of T cells) while at the same time, enhance another type of immune response (phagocytosis). “

“Administering an aqueous solution containing a stabilized chlorite solution to a mammal inhibits the antigen-specific immune response without compromising the immune system entirely, because the solution also is effective in enhancing phagocytic activity. Thus, the present invention encompasses methods of treating auto-immune diseases, preventing transplant organ or graft rejection and septic shock as a result thereof, and reducing inappropriate immune responses such as excessive inflammation and allergic rection. “

Obviously I'm a little sketchy on the actual science of this. But it makes an interesting read nonetheless.

Whilst reading about this article, one of the other forum members, Marlene, said that she is now symptom free for her MS and Lyme disease. She has been using MMS since September 2007 and I have read several updates from her citing improvements, but this is the first time I've heard her say she thinks the disease symptoms are entirely gone! This is on curezone.org by the way (http://www.curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1193729).

greeno
    Participant

That's an amazing document you've dug up there spacehop.
    [align=left]”The use of an aqueous solution containing a stabilized chlorite solution for treating wounds and infections is known in the art. United States Patent Nos. [/align] [align=left]4, 507, 285 and 4, 725, 437, the disclosures of which are incorporated by reference herein in their entirety, and EP 0 200 157, the disclosure of which also is incorporated by reference herein in its entirety, describe the use of a stabilized chlorite solution in stimulating the wound healing response in humans, as well as in treating infections caused by parasites, fungi, bacteria, viruses and/or mycoplasma.

Kiilme et al., European Patent No. 200, 156, the disclosure of which is incorporated by reference herein in its entirety, describes the use of a stabilized chlorite solution in conjunction with radiation therapy to aid in repairing damaged irradiated tissue and reducing side effects.” [/align] So I need an answer to this question.

Can MMS be taken without adding the buffer i.e. lemon, vinegar or citric acid. I ask this because all of these substances induce inflammation in my joints. May be someone has another suggestion, but going by what this document is saying, there is no need to add the buffer?

spacehoppa
    Participant

Hi Greeno,

So glad you found it interesting. I find all this stuff truly fascinating – the idea that traditional pharmaceutical companies are also on to this is very reassuring to me.

You can use sodium chlorite without acidifying it, but remember that it is very alkalaline – about ph18 I think (though I could be wrong), so you would need to use very tiny amounts and dilute it very well with water. I took it straight once – only one drop – and I felt a gurgling in my stomach for an hour afterwards. So if you do try it, just remember to experiment slowly and carefully.

People do obviously use it straight, without acidification, to purify water. So that is a legitimate use, but Jim Humble says that it won't have its near magical properties unless you acidify it before use. By this he means to say that it is the chlorine dioxide produced by the acidification reaction that does the work.

He used sodium chlorite to treat those first few people in the jungle for their malaria, and it did work, but when he got home and refined his protocol with lots of experiments, he found that acidifying it first made it far, far more potent. It's all there in his book, and probably one of his web sites as well. He explains it so much better than me.

One last thought is that this article isn't very clear about what is in the 'stabilised sodium chlorite solution'. The word solution suggests it is mixed with something else (which I strongly suspect means that it is acidified).

I know what you mean about the acids though. I don't think they much agree with me either. Certainly I don't think lemon juice does anyway. But I don't think I had a problem with citric acid. It is in soooo many food products you wouldn't believe it! Have you tried it yet? It might not be a problem for you.

ruth

Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi John

on the subject of the MMS, are you saying that although it can be good it can also be harmful?

I have just started the treatment yesturday (Saturday) but would be scared to use it if it will be bad for my heart.

Thanks

Rosemary

greeno
    Participant

I've just updated my personal history page, check it out. Something is working, and MMS is up on my list of culprets.

JBJBJB
    Participant

Greeno,

Glad you are feeling better. You brave soul!!!What is your logic not to dilute your MMS with acid activator?

I am tempted to buy MMS. I read it could also be used externally, like treating wards, mouth sore, wounds and ulcer. Some folks even use it to rinse mouth to treat gum disease. It's very interesting. I could also use it to wash my vegetable I guess.  

Please keep us posted on how MMS works for you.

Thank you,

JB

JBJBJB
    Participant

Just ordered my first MMS bottle from AMAZON. I have a question. Some bottle is shown in dark brown glass bottle, and the one I just bought is in dark green glass bottle. Is there any difference?

greeno
    Participant

No big logic JBJBJB, I would add lemon juice etc if it didn't hurt.

Also after reading the Patent doc that Spacehop's posted the other day, it looks like straight MMS can also be of benefit.

I've still got a long way to go, but it's good not to feel quite as rubbish as I usually do on a Monday. Red wine is my weakness, but there's nothing else like it hey.

DragonSlayer
    Participant

Hi, Rosemary:

I think that ANY DRUG and many foods and herbs, too, are two-edged swords; they can be beneficial, but each and all have their own unique side effects.

All I am suggesting is that some caution and common sense be used along with such a powerful agent as chlorine; yes it might cause some cardiovascular problems but there is no way to assess the magnitude of these without proper studies, and these will not ever be performed.  Is a drop of MMS equal to smoking a pack of cigarettes?  Perhaps worse?  I certainly do not know the answer, but if there are things we can do to make similar complications less likely while taking MMS, it would be wise to study such a potential.

Do EFAs have enough protective power, so while taking MMS we increase our normal dosage of daily EFAs from 11 to 22g, or reduce our consumption of fried foods, milk products and heavy meats, all of which have circulatory system damaging components.

The thing is, although our bodies are quite complex and we have a limited knowledge of our impact, we should do what we know about to try and avoid those bad unintended consequences.

I have some MMS and willing to use it on a child in Philippines (my wife's nephew) because dengue fever is potentially much worse than some cardiovascular damage that will, in a young person eating a good diet, heal more effectively than in others.

I might even use it myself, after some 'adjustments' to supplementation and diet, so don't want to discourage others from benefiting from it, but the downside should be a little more clear.  Although humans have not had bleach in their diets before, we also had not had many bleached, micronized grains (todays flour products) before 150 years ago, and just now learning some of the downside from this form of starch.

Regards,

John

JBJBJB
    Participant

Here is a not very active link, discussing MMS by users, who use MMS to treat Lyme disease. http://www.healthsalon.org/366/mms-miscellaneous-testimonials-no-13/

There have been a couple of warnings surfacing about possible Thyroid damage from using MMS. Please note about this warning. It was published in 1986. Not so sure if there is any follow up study on it.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1474311

“Toxicological studies dealing with recent findings of health effects of drinking water disinfectants are reviewed. Experiments with monkeys and rodents indicate that the biological activity of ingested disinfectants is expressed via their chemical interaction with the mucosal epithelia, secretory products, and nutritional contents of the alimentary tract. Evidence exists that a principal partner of this redox interaction is the iodide of nutritional origin that is ubiquitous in the gastrointestinal tract. Thus the observation that subchronic exposure to chlorine dioxide (ClO2) in drinking water decreases serum thyroxine levels in mammalian species can be best explained with changes produced in the chemical form of the bioavailable iodide. Ongoing and previously reported mechanistic studies indicate that oxidizing agents such as chlorine-based disinfectants oxidize the basal iodide content of the gastrointestinal tract. The resulting reactive iodine species readily attaches to organic matter by covalent bonding. Evidence suggests that the extent to which such iodinated organics are formed is proportional to the magnitude of the electromotive force and stoichiometry of the redox couple between iodide and the disinfectant. Because the extent of thyroid uptake of the bioavailable iodide does not decrease during ClO2 ingestion, it seems that ClO2 does not cause iodide deficiency of sufficient magnitude to account for the decrease in hormonogenesis. Absorption of one or more of iodinated molecules, e.g., nutrients, hormones, or cellular constituents of the alimentary tract having thyromimetic or thyroid inhibitory properties, is a better hypothesis for the effects seen.”

JB

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘ Miracle Mineral Supplement’ is closed to new replies.