Home Forums General Discussion Minocin and Infrared Saunas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Velouria138
    Participant
    Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Both my daughter and I have used the infrared sauna while on minocin and doxy respectively.  I do not believe that the infrared sauna emits the rays that would give you a sun burn.  I know that I have never gotten even the slightest amount of color from extended sauna use.  In the book, Detoxify or Die, Dr. Sherry Rogers writes in depth about far infrared sauna and discusses how this type of sauna, because it works at lower temps, can even be used by heart patients, of course any heart patient should check with their own doctor on this.

If you are considering adding sauna into your wellness program, there are several books that may be very helpful as you begin the sauna protocol.  The Rogers book I mentioned above is good, but it covers a good deal more than sauna.  There is another book on sauna therapy by a Dr. Wilson.  I have not read that one but my doctor (who recommended the sauna) recommended that I read the Wilson book.

Cheryl

Kim
    Participant

No problems here either.

kim

Trudi
    Participant

[user=2]Cheryl F[/user] wrote:

There is another book on sauna therapy by a Dr. Wilson.  I have not read that one but my doctor (who recommended the sauna) recommended that I read the Wilson book.

I have this book and it is very complete.  This link shows the table of contents of the book, plus information following, and how to order the book.  This book cannot be purchased in a bookstore, rather you have to buy it from Dr. Wilson.

http://drlwilson.com/BOOKS/saunabook.htm

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Eva Holloway
    Participant

I have just received my sauna and have it set up in the garage because that is the only place where nothing is in the way. I will start using it next week. It is recommended to warm it up several times to get rid of the chemicals that may be attached to the material. So I have done this twice and will do it again today. I have all my stuff together and hope to start Monday. I promis I will take it easy.

I have been getting better every day and one lady asked me last night “why are you still using the cane” I told her sometimes in the evening it helps and walking longer stretches I still need that support. Hopefully the cane will be just hanging around in the car till I get older, but will not be used. I am really looking forward to this day when I can walk totally free without cane.

Eva

Eva Holloway

Eva Holloway
    Participant

okay you people that have a sauna, I have a question. My body is doing very well with the sauna but my hands are just acting up. They have crackes on the fingers and I am back to band aids. Should I keep my hands outside the sauna until my body is better or what? The more I have used the sauna the worse it has become. I had to put Neosporin-Pain on them to relief the pain. Today I did not use the sauna and my hands are better.

Any idea?:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Eva:?

Eva Holloway

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=236]Eva Holloway[/user] wrote:

okay you people that have a sauna, I have a question. My body is doing very well with the sauna but my hands are just acting up. They have crackes on the fingers and I am back to band aids. Should I keep my hands outside the sauna until my body is better or what?

Eva, would your gloves be okay for use in the sauna? They might be a bit soggy by the end of it, but might prevent the infrared from reaching your hands….or do you think it is the sweat, itself, that is irritating your hands? If so, then maybe best to keep hands out of the sauna…the rest of your body will still get benefit.

Mine should be arriving any day now – it's been a long time coming, but I can't wait to get it!

Peace, Maz

Velouria138
    Participant
    Kim
    Participant

Oh Eva,

I'm so sorry your hands are flaring up again and don't know what to suggest, other than to maybe take a break for a few days and start back slowly with your hands out.  Do you shower immediately after to wash away the toxins and not let them reabsorb?  I also towel off as I'm sweating.

Hope this settles quickly. :doh:

Take care….kim

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Maz, velouria and Kim,

to your questions: the gloves may help, haven't thought about that yet. Only use the sauna three times a week at a very low setting. And yes I take a cool shower right away after I get out of the sauna. One thing is I have yet to break a sweat and it has been two weeks now that I have started to use the sauna. I use all the nice stuff before and after. Drink plenty of water, but no sweat. The sauna feels nice. So maybe keeping my hands outside the sauna may help. I will try that today.

Maz, I hope you enjoy your sauna, I know I wanted one last year but Burl got laid off and we had to watch our money, and when I got my retirement payment from Germany this year I went ahead and bought it. It is out in the garage and even here in Houston it is still cold. I make sure it is nice and warm. Sure had fun figuring out how to put it together.:D

Kim, I hope I start sweating soon, I may have too bundle up one day and sit in the sun so I get hot, who knows what to do. I have an appointment with Dr. K on Thursday and will ask her why I still not sweat.:headbang::headbang:

Velouria, I don't think I do too much since I only use it three times a week for about ten minutes, I did five the first week but I didn't even get warm, so I went up to ten.

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

Kim
    Participant

Eva,

Even though I'm a pretty efficient sweater now, I don't sweat the first ten minutes either, even in a 130 degree preheated sauna.  I'm in there 40 minutes so am drenched when I get out.  If you're willing to chance it with your hands, you might want to increase your time.

Take care…..kim

Patti D
    Participant

Hey you two happy sweaters(Eva & Maz)
    Did you both get Kims brand of infrared sauna or get another brand. I am still wishing that I can get one of those.
    Kim has me sold on doing this.
    I want to know Kim if you put on Jimmy Buffet and put together a pretend laketini (lemon /olive oil cocktail) first time in the spa!

Patti

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Trudi,

I bought one of those small infra red saunas you sit in and your head is out in the open. I think Kim has a build in one, little more fancy than mine LOL:roll-laugh:. I think she also paid more. Mine was about $300 and it is easy to put up and take down. I am leaving mine up  since I have a nice space in the garage.

Kim,

I think I will sit in the sauna longer, ten minutes is just not long enough to sweat, I just keep my hands outside the opening for them. I think I am going up to 15 next week and then up it each week till I sweat. I told my hubby to use it too, he had hurt his right arm last April and had surgery plus physical therapy, maybe the heat will loosen up the tight muscles. He sweats real easy. I may just make him cut the grass and do his sweating.

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=287]Patti D[/user] wrote:

Hey you two happy sweaters(Eva & Maz)
    Did you both get Kims brand of infrared sauna or get another brand. I am still wishing that I can get one of those.

Hi Patti,

This is the model I decided on in the end.

http://www.evolutionhealth.com/Infrared_Saunas/fibercarbon/infrared-sauna-1personCarbon.html

Kim sold me on the idea, too, but I knew if I asked my hubby he'd think I was completely cracked! :roll-laugh: It was when I was at my last doc appt that my doc encouraged me to buy one, out of the blue, saying he'd got one and how remarkable it was for detoxing and easing pain. My hubby was with me and, as we walked out of his office, he said, “Hey, would you like one of those for your birthday?” I almost fainted on the spot! It's my 50th coming up, so it's a bigger investment than I would have made if I had bought it for myself. I think I would have gone for one of the less expensive models. Glad I got this one, though, as I think the family is going to get a lot of use out of it. My eldest daughter has acne and is supposed to be great for that and my youngest is a swimmer and sometimes gets aches and pains from her workouts. Hubby loves the Finnish-style saunas, so not sure how he'll take to this one…but you never know! 

Who would have thunk that for my 50th birthday present I'd be so excited about a darn sauna???? :roll-laugh: I used to get excited about a nice outfit or pair of high-heel pumps!!!

Peace, Maz

Velouria138
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘ Minocin and Infrared Saunas’ is closed to new replies.