Home Forums General Discussion Minocin and Infrared Saunas

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    casey
    Participant

Gee Maz, I would be excited if i got a sauna, birthday or not!!   My hubby doesnt think a sauna is exciting but he thought it was exciting when he took me to buy a holstien dairy cow on our honeymoon and then thought it was even more exciting giving me a pair of new rubber boots on our first anniversary.

I think a sauna is a great gift!!! Happy  50th to you!

Casey

BTW, he actually told me to go get a sauna if i wanted but he doesnt want to use it.I want him to use it since it will be here, it will benefit him too.  Wondering if maybe he'll go in if there is a cow in there…wearing rubber boots… and if he wont get in…I guess I'll  just play cards with her!

Patti D
    Participant

Maz,
    I have a birthday coming up too, next week as a matter of fact. Mine is 55 so Happy 50th for you. I was told it is time to celebrate birthdays now by the 5 year increments not 10 so here goes.

I reallly want one of these units. If we ever get to move to the lake I won't be able to take those long steamy showers I now enjoy as we are on a holding tank system. I crank up the shower pretty good right now and pretend I am in a sweaty sauna.
    Yikes, when will this economy improve. Alright, enough whining. I am standing upright and moving pretty good so life is a “cupcake”.

Peace
    patti

Patti D
    Participant

Casey,
    You have made my day!!! Coming from Wisconsin , the dairy state I got the biggest chuckle. Throw in those rubber boots and man, theres nothing but romance here. HA HA!!

So glad you have such a happy spirit! we can both hope for a sauna right?

Peace
    Patti

casey
    Participant

Patti,

Glad i could make your day!

My hubbys dream is to go to Wisconsin even though we quit milking a few yrs back. Ya know there are  actually  huge farm tours one can book/take from Canada to tour different set ups for milking in Wisconsin. They look so interesting and Wisconsin looks so beautiful.  Hubby would ruminate over a tour like that but oh its expensive. Saunas are cheaper!

Do you farm by chance?

Casey

casey
    Participant

Patti…Happy 55 to you!!!!

Patti D
    Participant

No Casey I don't farm but love our Wisconsin farms. We have a very beautiful small 100 acre farm on rolling hills right behind our cottage. There are lots of farms in our area and each one is more beautiful than the next.
    Love those cows too. Just like your husband. Our county fairs still draw a crowd with many kids participating in 4 H club.
    I hope you get your sauna alright!

Patti

Patti D
    Participant

Oh Casey,
    Anytime you want to visit Wisconsin, come on down! We wold love to have you!
    Patti

Kim
    Participant

[user=287]Patti D[/user] wrote

I want to know Kim if you put on Jimmy Buffet and put together a pretend laketini (lemon /olive oil cocktail) first time in the spa!

Well, I love Jimmy Buffet, but always hard to decide whether to imbibe on a lemon/olive oil cocktail for my liver or an apple cider vinegar cocktail for my pH. 😕  Lordy, how old are we?????????? :roll-laugh:

Eva, you're a wild woman…….let us know when you sweat. :roll-laugh:

Maz, we want a full report from you too, looks like a super model.

Take care…….kim

Sir Rifes alot
    Participant

Hey Maz ,First of all congrats on hitting the big 50 LOL.I beat ya there though.I turned 50 last year.My inflammation in my feet finally has flown the coop 2 days ago.It was weird how it left .I spent the whole night up and down out of the bed peeing must have peed a gallon that night and finally skinny ankles and I can move my toes WOO HOO .I saw the naturopath tuesday he talked me into bromelain and natto and I just checked ups tracking it arrived in ABQ about 24 minutes ago from vitacost so I guess i will have it monday.I was going to order the neprinol but he talked me out of it .It is pricey but I would have figured out how to afford it if i had to.I looked into those FAr infrared saunas months ago and was all set to buy one and then we opened our fabric store and that along with everything else around here kinda got back burnered temporarily .But you did buy the right one I did the homework on them months ago .WE also arent sure of the power they take we just got our solar power on line 2 months ago .we are probably the only solar powered home in Belen.My electric bill this past month was 62 dollars !and it will only get better now that the sun is getting higher up.I have had a cold now on top of everything the past 10 days who knew the body could produce so much mucous ! I am drowning in it! Help !

chris

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=27]Maz[/user] wrote:

This is the model I decided on in the end.

http://www.evolutionhealth.com/Infrared_Saunas/fibercarbon/infrared-sauna-1personCarbon.html

Kim sold me on the idea, too, but I knew if I asked my hubby he'd think I was completely cracked! :roll-laugh: 

I decided to get a portable one with my head stays out. Maz, yours is very cool. I did not buy that because I have a chemical sensitive lung and I don't know if there is any type of glu or the woods I would be allergic too.

The portable one I use can heat my back and both sides of my arms, but the lower legs and knees are still kind of cold. http://www.detoxamin.com/catalog/images/Portable_Fir_Sauna_Box.jpg

I am sure Kim's kind works better.

The other factor I considered was how much electric bill I wanted to pay. If it is for two people there will be two or four Infrare heaters. So the electric bill will run very high for an hour.

So, these are the factors I used when I decided what to buy.

JB

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1701]Sir Rifes alot[/user] wrote:

First of all congrats on hitting the big 50 LOL.I beat ya there though.I turned 50 last year.My inflammation in my feet finally has flown the coop 2 days ago.It was weird how it left .I spent the whole night up and down out of the bed peeing must have peed a gallon that night and finally skinny ankles and I can move my toes WOO HOO .I saw the naturopath tuesday he talked me into bromelain and natto and I just checked ups tracking it arrived in ABQ about 24 minutes ago from vitacost so I guess i will have it monday.I was going to order the neprinol but he talked me out of it .It is pricey but I would have figured out how to afford it if i had to.I looked into those FAr infrared saunas months ago and was all set to buy one and then we opened our fabric store and that along with everything else around here kinda got back burnered temporarily .But you did buy the right one I did the homework on them months ago .WE also arent sure of the power they take we just got our solar power on line 2 months ago .we are probably the only solar powered home in Belen.My electric bill this past month was 62 dollars !and it will only get better now that the sun is getting higher up.I have had a cold now on top of everything the past 10 days who knew the body could produce so much mucous ! I am drowning in it! Help !

Chris – Patti, thanks both for your birthday wishes…not for another month yet, so I will enjoy eeking out the last of my 40 “something” years for a little while longer. :roll-laugh: And, Patti, happy 55th to you, girlfriend – you don't look anything like being 50-something!!!! I really thought you were younger than me or at least the same age. I guess it really is true you're as young as you feel, eh? 😀

Chris, are you kidding me? You're ankles suddenly went down overnight? What are doing, man, to get that result? 😯 That's really wild! Are you taking some secret elixir or grandma's victuals or something?

I think you're smart to go with what your naturopath suggested on the systemic enzymes. I'm sure there are cheaper ways to get the same effect as Neprinol…I'm just impatient (Aries – you like to cook – I like to make burned offerings!), so went straight for the hard, expensive stuff. It worked, so I just stuck with it. I might give Serrakor-NK a go to see if it's as good or better. I'm taking a break from Neprinol just at the moment, though…being on high dose amoxycillin thins the blood enough.

Thanks for sharing about the sauna and confirming I got an okay model…it was really hard deciding, being a newbie to the world of FIR saunas and just knew I had to avoid anything with toxic glues in the constuction, which this one was guaranteed not to have. If you click on the link it mentions the power usage, I think…says it only uses the equivalent power of a toaster and only adds $3-5 to your monthly electricity bill. Not sure how that translates to solar power costs in terms of draining your reserves, but sounds pretty minimal. Darn, would be good if you had your sauna now…bet it would help sweat out all that cold for you. I used to be the one to always catch everything…horrendous head colds several times a year that always ended in several weeks of bronchitis. I know how you feel. Since being on abx, though, I haven't caught anything (touch wood). Weird, huh?

Btw, that's pretty cool you guys had solar power installed. :dude:

Peace, Maz

PS Casey, you must really love that man of yours – a true romantic!!! Nothing like rubber boots and mucking out a barn full o' holstein cows. :roll-laugh: I really gotta get up there and meet you guys one of these days!

Sir Rifes alot
    Participant

Hey Maz,yea the solar is cool .A friend of ours was going to lose his house to foreclosure and he gave us his solar panel system.he figured why give them something he paid for.we had to remove the system and haul to new mexico with us .But we have free power all day and our excess we sell back to the power company at 13 cent a kw.Its beginning to pay off i should be getting a check from the power company soon .A small victory for the little people but we will take it.The sun is gettting higher here everyday so i will be making more power.I have always wanted to get back at the power company !the naturopath applauds the fact that i take such an interest in gettting myself better.He loves me and he adds his own 2 cents in what i wanna try.Hes a good guy for a doctor!he works for me.wish i had found him 5 yrs ago i wouldnt be in the shape i am now.woulda coulda shoulda .must be change in weather again i was really stiff this morning .guess i will smoke a little early today.Got some kickass medipot delivered last night.man a half a fattie and i was annihilated LOL .alot better pain relief than a pill and I got up off my couch and baked a banana bread too boot,no white sugar or brown sugar and used spelt flour.i watch what i eat i dont know whether it does any good or not for my arthritis but i figure what the hell cant hurt me any.i eat no red meat at all .lots of green veggies and fruit chicken,turkey ,i like fish but its so hard to find salmon not farm raised anymore.and its expensive when you do find it.so i just supplement with a good fish oil from vitacost bit expensive but i get the fish oil in me.I really do go out of my way to care of myself and most times i still dont feel great.I think its the mino thats the hardest thing on me even at the low dose I take.I have warned my friend sharon that this protocol is not the easiest thing .we have become the greatest of friends.i am glad i sought her out.she needs someone to talk to and so do i.You can only draw so much from your partners.I am so happy your getting that sauna your gonna love it.I will get mine soon,just need to build up a little more steady income from the fabric store to feel comfortable about spending the money right now.I always get what i want.Alan takes good care of me and I got the best support system anyone could ask for.i mean he was almost dead from being hiv positive 3 yrs before we met.i supported him and gave him a reason to live so now its my turn to lean on him for support.And he is always there for me no matter what.i appreciate him every day when i dont feel great.Anyway the big 50 wasnt bad its just a freakin number.I still feel 20 something in my head and act like it too its the body thats tired and wore out.Grannys victuals I almost fell out of my office chair laughing .Yea nothing like a good ole possum poultice on the ankles to draw the swelling out.LOL .I have no idea what happened but i swear it happened .i think it was the acupuncture treatments from monday.i found the most wonderful acupuncturist in ABQ.the one i had here in Belen wasnt very good i never got any relief from her treatments and i never felt relaxed in her presence.i have been doing acupuncture for years now and she is the only one my body didnt take to .Bad karma or something but i left her.she pushed alot of supplements which actually made me feel worse at one time.i put her behind me and moved on as you have to do with anything that isnt working for you.
    chris

Maz
    Keymaster

Chris, love your pic and nice to 'see' you! 😀 I really love it when people post their pics and you can see the face behind the messages…feels like you're talking with a real person, ya know?

Really glad you've found some good docs to help you. (I couldn't believe your experience with the elderly lady lymphatic masseuse! 😯 ) Also, that you've made such a good friend here. I'm really rooting for you and Sharon…you're right, AP isn't for the feint-hearted, because it isn't a quick fix. I'm having 95% days now, but it's taken a little over 3 years to get to this point – 3 steps fwd and 2 back all the way…but I'm so glad I did it and have no regrets. I have no doubt I would not have made it on other drugs with all the infections rattling around in me. I have no joint damage anywhere that I am able to discern – if there is, it's minimal, which is amazing considering how bad I was in the beginning. I think my mino and doxy have protected my joints really well. Just one knee that cracks, but they've all cracked when the inflammation was receding.

Speaking of possums…we have this monster possum who keeps sneaking into our garage every time we leave the doors open. OMG! I went out to throw stuff in the trash and this huge 'thing' crawled out of the blue box with its mangy, hairless body, rat tail and fangs and came straight at me!!! I don't think I screamed so loud in my life. :roll-laugh: Well, it didn't end there. I had left my car windows open and when my daughter and I went out the next day, we heard this scratching in the back of the SUV. We both looked at eachother with freaked out expressions on our faces, both thinking the same thing at the same time, and I nearly drove off the side of the road I was shaking so much, both of us thinking “the thing” got in and was hitching a ride with us. Well, I pulled over and went around to the back door and, umbrella in hand, opened it really quick, hoping to shoo it out. We felt like complete and utter idjuts when it turned out our possum was a half empty bottle of water that was rolling around on the hard rubber mat at the back. I can tell you, though, I won't go out into the garage anymore without first peeking out the door and opening and closing the automatic garage doors a few times to scare him out, if he's in there. Ugh…I love animals, but those dudes have got to be the ugliest creatures on this green earth! :sick: And, I'll take banana bread over Granny's victuals (possum stew) any day!!!

Alan sounds like a wonderful partner, Chris. I know what you mean about “in sickness and health,” as my hubby also had cancer 12 years ago…he's a survivor, too….I guess we all are survivors here!

Peace, Maz

Sir Rifes alot
    Participant

Hey Maz I can just see you with that umbrella ready to pounce on your garage critter ! LOL your a hoot ! I needed a good laugh this morning thanx for that. If i get one good day i can figure out what i have left to work with .I know I can bend down and pick up things but its that last inch to the floor that kills my knees so I think they are a little shot,but i have heard of the mino bringing back movement that was thought to be gone for good. I am having a dilemma with the last 1.25 mg of the prednisone i am taking .I wanna just quit i dont think that sliver is doing anything and I am stiff every morning so whats it doing anyway ?I have forgotten to take it a few times and really didnt notice any difference so maybe its time to say adios to it.Thats the problem with coming of one thing and dealing with side effects of another you cant distinquish which is causing the difficulty.I guess i will just bite the bullet and stop and see what happens next. What do you think ? I need to start rifing on a regular basis again .I think it helped alot with the inflammation.My rife machine sits gathering dust in my room.

chris

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1701]Sir Rifes alot[/user] wrote:

I am having a dilemma with the last 1.25 mg of the prednisone i am taking .I wanna just quit i dont think that sliver is doing anything and I am stiff every morning so whats it doing anyway ?I have forgotten to take it a few times and really didnt notice any difference so maybe its time to say adios to it.Thats the problem with coming of one thing and dealing with side effects of another you cant distinquish which is causing the difficulty.I guess i will just bite the bullet and stop and see what happens next. What do you think ? I need to start rifing on a regular basis again .I think it helped alot with the inflammation.My rife machine sits gathering dust in my room.

Chris, so sorry, but I've never taken prednisone…but lots of folk here do or have. My guess is that if you're not missing it when you forget it, then it's probably not doing much, as you say, too. I think if I was in the same boat, I'd probably try to increase the days between taking any and then gradually stop. Merla has just been through all this, so I bet she'd have some good insight for you. 😉

What is so weird is how your ankle swelling disappeared as you were coming off pred! I can't figure that one out, at all. I've heard of anti-inflammatories, like ibuprophen causing ankle swelling…kinda paradoxically, as ibuprophen is supposed to reduce inflam…but it has some effect on the kidneys, so that one makes sense…just not the pred. 😕 

Chris, you're such a one for going all gung-ho at everything. I really bite my nails when I read your posts sometimes, concerned you're going all-out at something way too fast! Will ya stop freakin me out???  :roll-laugh:

Oh…and you aren't going to like this. 🙁 My doc is doing some studies on Rife right now with 30 or so Rife users. Lots of Lymies use Rife, as I'm sure you know, but his concern about Rife is that while it probably has some effect on compromising the DNA of bugs, it may also have some effect on compromising our own DNA. There are no results to this study yet, but it sure made me wonder, especially when some of these bugs have the capacity to insert themselves into our own DNA?? :doh: Anyway, don't mean to freak you out…just thought you might be interested. I'm having visions of you going all out on your Rife machine now and frying yourself! Can ya just stick with Granny's victuals for a while???

Peace, Maz

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘ Minocin and Infrared Saunas’ is closed to new replies.