Home Forums General Discussion Lyme Testing-New doctor in IL info

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    PetRescue
    Participant

On the advice of everyone here I went ahead and got the basic Lyme panel done. Yeah! Maria referred me to a wonderful doctor in Elgin that had the IGenex tests at their office. As it turns out, they have a LLMD in their office 4 days a month, so I saw him. He was great! Turns out he's from Iowa, but comes here to practice every month due to the prevalence of Lyme. He said he's going to have to increase his days here because he's treating so many patients. He said he is an ILADS member, but his card only says “Traditional and Integrative Medicine”.

How do I get his name and info added to the LLMD list? And how do I find out if he is a good doc? I googled his name, and a bunch of weird stuff came up. Keep in mind that I haven't really seen him as a patient yet, but he was very kind and didn't charge me anything for the blood draw. I'm almost hoping I have Lyme so that I can be treated by him 🙂 I know, I have to be careful what I wish for. I'm thinking I don't have Lyme, but stranger things have happened!

I'll have to update everyone when I get my results!

~jen

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=2168]PetRescue[/user] wrote:

How do I get his name and info added to the LLMD list? And how do I find out if he is a good doc?

Hi Jen,

What great news! Our Maria is such a great Lyme resource, huh? 😀

And, we certainly do need more AP docs and LLMDs in those there parts, so this is good news. If you send me a PM with this doc's contact info, I'll make sure the info is available for the volunteers, so everyone can update their lists.

As for determining how good this doc is, there are yahoogroups support groups by state you can join. If this doc mainly works out of Iowa, he probably has a following in that state. You can join this group and ask if anyone knows of him…although just a heads up that these groups tend to not use physician names either in order to protect LLMD privacy as these guys are being targeted. 😉

http://groups.yahoo.com/search?query=iowa+lyme+disease

Also, here is the Iowa Lyme disease Association's website and there should be someone you can contact there, too:

http://www.iowalymedisease.com/

All the very best with your IGeneX labs!

Peace, Maz

mschmidt
    Participant

Jen,

I'm thrilled to hear you had such a positive experience with the clinic I recommended you go to for the Igenex test.  The doctor who treats out of that office is a new ILADS member, and has trained under an LLMD.  I'm on the board for a non-profit foundation dedicated to raising awareness about Lyme in the Midwest.  We're in the process of raising funds to send physicians to get ILADS training by prominent LLMD's in the U.S.  We've engaged some of the top Lyme docs for the implementation of this training.  Hopefully, within the next year, I'll have more physicians to add to the list.  A wonderful group of volunteers, deeply connected in the Lyme world, started this organization because of not only the lack of awareness among the general population about Lyme Disease but, the shortage (or absence) of LLMD's in states like Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, and Minnesota.  I'm excited (and honored) to be part of this foundation. 

Please let us know when you get your test results!

Maria:D

mkay
    Participant

Wow I'm also from IL.  not exactly sure where Elgin is though?  Must be quite aways from me, are there any other IL doctors ap or lyme?  That's great news he is coming here to IL to treat patients!!  

Kim
    Participant

[user=977]mschmidt[/user] wrote:

Jen,

I'm thrilled to hear you had such a positive experience with the clinic I recommended you go to for the Igenex test.  The doctor who treats out of that office is a new ILADS member, and has trained under an LLMD.  I'm on the board for a non-profit foundation dedicated to raising awareness about Lyme in the Midwest.  We're in the process of raising funds to send physicians to get ILADS training by prominent LLMD's in the U.S.  We've engaged some of the top Lyme docs for the implementation of this training.  Hopefully, within the next year, I'll have more physicians to add to the list.  A wonderful group of volunteers, deeply connected in the Lyme world, started this organization because of not only the lack of awareness among the general population about Lyme Disease but, the shortage (or absence) of LLMD's in states like Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, and Minnesota.  I'm excited (and honored) to be part of this foundation. 

Please let us know when you get your test results!

Maria:D

Thanks for all your efforts on the Lyme front, Maria.  Be sure to include Dr. C. of Missouri in that group.  He's in the process of trying to train more docs in the midwest.

Take care…..kim

PetRescue
    Participant

MKay-Elgin is in the western suburbs of chicago. Maybe an hour away. I'm not sure there are any other LLMD's in IL, and he's only here 4 days a week. I

Maz-I guess Maria has his info, so you guys might have it then. I know she has the clinic info, and I could always give you his name if need be.

Maria-you are a life-saver and awesome! I was so relieved to not be questioned on why I was getting the Igenex test. I would have paid more to have it done. The only bad thing was a bit sad when he asked me….”so, how long have you been sick?” That was hard-I don't really feel sick, but I guess I am :(. Kudos for all the work you're doing with Lyme. I may have to join that club soon. I can't believe I have to wait 3 weeks!

I will definetely post my results!

~jen

bigphil81
    Participant

im new to this.dear petrescue dr.J.P. i seen him twice. once for the blood draw 6weeks ago.test come back postive for lyme.seen him once after that.last week.nicest doc ive ever been to for any thing.talked to me and my mother for like an hour and half.charged me next to nothing for the visit.work with me on the meds that works and that i could afford.dr J. became lyme literate about 18 months ago been in elgin i think for only a few months.he use to be a surgon.hes has a surport group in elgin also.sorry for the spelling my head not all there today.dang lyme.lol.hes a good doc i like him.i hope every thing works out for ya .im from rockford il

edited to remove doctor's full name as per RBF Guidelines. Thanks for your understanding. RBFV

Kim
    Participant

Hi bigphil,

Just wanted to welcome you to the Roadback board and thank you for your input about the doctor.  Goodness knows we need more in the midwest.  I'm in Indiana and there are none here so each appointment is a road trip for me.

Good luck with your treatment.

Take care…..kim

sweet
    Participant

Jen,
    I have been diagnosed with lyme and confections, but am soon moving into the elgin, il area. I was wondering if you would help me with the contact information for the doc you had mentioned. My email is chsweeten@gmail.com, if you don't mind contacting me. It would be a great relief. Thank you!
    -Courtney

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=2408]sweet[/user] wrote:

I have been diagnosed with lyme and confections, but am soon moving into the elgin, il area. I was wondering if you would help me with the contact information for the doc you had mentioned. My email is chsweeten@gmail.com, if you don't mind contacting me. It would be a great relief.

Hi Sweet,

Just in case Jen doesn't see your post, I'll send you the LLMD's contact info in a PM – just click top right of this page where it will say “You have 1 new message.”

Peace, Maz

PetRescue
    Participant

Thanks Maz for getting her the info. I also have info for another LLMD in Elgin that Cheryl V was nice enough to share with me. Dr. P is only in elgin once a month, but he practices out of Grinell, IA, so if need be, a road trip is always doable. Let me know if you'd like the other docs name as well.

BigPhil-sorry I missed your message. Yes, I like Dr. P. He is new to Lyme, and we were just discussing how he has spoken with the infamous Dr. S about doing AP treatment and is treating some with AP successfully. I know I'm in good hands.

~Jen

sweet
    Participant

Jen,
    Thank you, I would really appreciate their contact info as well!:)
    -Courtney

Kris
    Participant

Dr. P is fantastic in his knowledge of Lyme. He saved my life! I have a Lyme/Hormone Education and Support Group in NE Iowa. He has personal experience with Lyme Disease.  He's the best in Iowa, right now. 

irochka_1
    Participant

Hi, Could you please let me know who the doctor is in Elgin? My husband has lyme symptoms and needs to see a doctor. I was looking for a doctor in chicago area and wasn't able to find. You can email me directly or post here, my email is irina_birger@yahoo.com. If there is anybody else you can recomend in IL I would apreciate that too.

Kim
    Participant

Hi irochka_1, and welcome to the Roadback forum.  I've sent you the list you've requested in a Private Message (top right of this page).  Hope this helps.

Take care…..kim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘ Lyme Testing-New doctor in IL info’ is closed to new replies.