Home Forums General Discussion Lyme Testing-New doctor in IL info

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    irochka_1
    Participant

Thank you so much Kim this is very helpful. Have you tried doctor P. Does he treat with antibiotics? My husband had lyme 1.6 years ago and it seems that it came back. Can it come back that soon?

Any of you had experience with Lyme comming back? Also I wanted to know if you found going to the doctor usefull or should he just buy another 3-4 month of antibiotics?

tcregon
    Participant

Does anyone know of LLMD doctor that might take insurance?  It seems so many of these doctors can't accept any insurance which is understandable but so hard for people to see doctors under those conditions.  I'm in MD but would travel if I could find someone that did accept insurance. 

Thanks.

mschmidt
    Participant

Irochka_1,

Welcome to Road Back.  I'm glad to see Kim sent you the list of LLMD's for Illinois. It's a small one but, it will be growing in the near future.  Based on feedback from several patients from around the Illinois area, Dr. P is fantastic.  I live in Chicago, and am also a founding member of a non-profit Lyme organization so, if you ever have any questions, or need some information about doctors, please feel free to PM me anytime and we can talk.  I'm sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis but, know that there are many of us who have Lyme disease, and with the right treatment, there is hope.  The best of luck to you and your husband.

Maria

irochka_1
    Participant

Thank you very much Maria. I know have three doctors I can contact in IL, one in chicago and two in Elgin. If you know of anybody else please let me know. Also ideally I would like someone who would take insurense, do you know anybody. If not, its okay too, we will do what it takes

mschmidt
    Participant

I'm pretty sure we know the same 3 doctors so, base your decision on who you feel most comfortable with.  As far as insurance goes, unfortunately, I don't know of anyone that takes insurance.  However, you can ask them to file the necessary paperwork for possible reimbursement to your insurance company.  You may want to reach out to Kim as well because I believe she's had insurance re-imburse her for some of her expenses. (not 100% sure)

Good luck, and please keep us posted on how your husband is doing.

Maria

Kris
    Participant

If you have the biggies, like Blue Cross Blue Shield Dr. L. takes this, and Dr. P takes serveral, otherwise you print off paperwork off your provider's website and submit yourself. Mine was all paid, then this year my insurance (CIGNA) decided doc was out of network and I had to meet a deductible first. It's worth the debt you have to rack up, because what quality of life is it to go untreated, undertreated?  -Lyme Survivor in Iowa.

PetRescue
    Participant

Irochka_1,
    Just went to see Dr. P yesterday. I'm not sure if he takes insurance, but you could ask. He does treat with antibiotics, both oral and IV. I would absolutely go see him as the antibiotics your husband needs would have to be determined by his symptoms. There's not a one-fits-all treatment for Lyme, it is all so individual. Good luck to you and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks Kim for getting her his info and Hi Maria!

~jen

suereen
    Participant

Hello, can someone please help me? There was a posting I came across from a person listed in Elgin, IL stating a Iowa LLMD came to Elgin 4 days a momth to treat pts. If anyone knows the posters name or MDs please let me know. Many thanks

suereen
    Participant

mschmidt (sp) You are doing exceptional work & most appreciated. I live in Burlington, Iowa and would so appreciate if you could give me the name of this Elgin LLMD from Iowa. I was dx with Lyme Disease in Sept 2004 I tx with a dr & then Uof I drs without testing or anything told me I didn”t have the disease. Treatment stopped. I am a RN unable to work. I still have reoccuring fevers and general malaise. Its a nightmare. Please anything you can do to assist would be appreciated.

Susan

Kris
    Participant

If you are on Facebook see my Lyme Disease Support in NE Iowa to contact me, if you don't get the information from the moderator. There are other cities/llmd's closer to you than Elgin, Ill.

mschmidt
    Participant

Suereen,

I will PM you with the doctor's info in Elgin, as well as my personal contact info.  Anything I can do to help you, I will do.  I actually had an extensive conversation with the Iowa LLMD that practices out of Elgin, IL monthly at my Lyme Foundation fundraiser.  He impressed me with his knowledge of the disease, as well as what he would do for me, based on my symptoms and treatments thus far.  I have an appointment to see him in October.

Maria

suereen
    Participant

thank you again and take care of you.   Susan

Rimma
    Participant

Maria,

I also live in Chicago area and would really appreciate if you send me the information about LLMD in Elgin IL. My husband is going to do the Igenex lab testing this week. He was tested here locally and few results were equivocal. He doesn't feell well  for a couple of years.

Thanks, Rimma.

mschmidt
    Participant

Rimma,

I have sent you a PM with the doctor's info. 

Maria

Rimma
    Participant

Maria,

Thank You so much. You are great. Have a wonderful day.

Rimma.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘ Lyme Testing-New doctor in IL info’ is closed to new replies.