Home Forums General Discussion it will work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Anna
    Participant

I update my history every 3 moth or so, and read you guys almost daily.

During my last 11 month on AP I remember coming to this place every day with a Hope, being in pain and doubt my  AP choice very often.  I would search for the sign, read similar story(s), and look for encouragement, follow up on people downs and ups.

But what really made a difference is to see small updates with success or little mirracles.

So today I want to report my LITTLE miracle, I'm better, I am so better…..I'm 80% better.  And now no one going to stop me, I am going  all the way to 100%. NO doubt any longer and never again.

It's hard to believe when you are in pain , I know, but PLEASE try, try, try, because the truth is: AP WORKS.

Maz
    Keymaster

Thank you, Anna, for sharing your update! 😀

You're absolutely right! It was posts just like yours that kept me going through the challenging early days when I was filled with fear and doubt and you are so kind to “pay it forward” to others who are coming after you, bless you.

I can't wait to read your “I am in remission!” testimonial that we will post on the main site!!!

Peace, Maz

nspiker
    Participant

Thank you for posting your success to-date!  It is stories like yours that keep, newbies like me, plugging away. 

The ups and downs of this disease are incredible, some days feeling ok, others horrible.  It's difficult to have the confidence to know you're getting better, when you aren't feeling good.

I can't wait to be able to be on the positive side of this disease…like you! 

tbird2340
    Participant

Thanks for this post! These help tremendously!!!

Very glad to hear you're doing well!

Tom

Okie Tam
    Participant

Anna,

Your's is the second note from RB that I have copied/pasted into a personal note to my daughter just today. She has been on AP for 7 months and is in much pain. Just last week she changed to brand minocin and agreed to give it a few more months before she considers something else. I know this is the right path for both of us so your note comes at the perfect time to give her hope.

Thanks,

Okie Tam

DianeTexas
    Participant

Here I am in year 4 of this journey.  The first year was VERY hard.  I had just started a new job and found out I had RA.  I remember there was so much pain and fatigue.  It was necessary for me to get up early and take hot baths to get moving and I would come home and collapse at night. 

After a year I  found a local dr. to provide IVs which really set me in the right direction.  Then I was insistent that I was going to take minocin not doxy and that really gave me the additional push I needed. 

I started back at the gym a year ago, started working out with weights in January.  I still remember barely being able to turn a door knob.  It does take patienence but I can carry my own groceries, make the bed, vacuum and most importantly go out with my boyfriend and friends and HAVE FUN!!!!!  and PLAY with my dogs!

Things do get much better you just need to really educate yourself and drive the process. 

Maz
    Keymaster

Diane, so lovely to hear from you, too, and so happy you popped by to tell us you're back to living again! Lots of newcomers here who just need to hear those inspiring words of yours. Thank you!

Any chance of a testimonial for the main website in the works? 😉

Peace, Maz

Kim
    Participant

High five Anna and Diane! 😀 

I am so happy for you both and thank you for taking the time to encourage others that might be having a rough day.

Take care……kim

Patti D
    Participant

Okay
    I better pay it forward too. If it weren't for the thyroid issue I would say I am , drum roll………95%. Yeah!

Just 2 days ago I took a long huge swim in the lake, about 1/4 mile each way, used a paddle boat 1/4 around the lake and my favorite part yet with these failing ankles JUMPED ON A TRAMPOLINE!!!!!
    Did I mention I am 54! I even went down the slide into the lake. I laughed so hard I almost cried. Last summer I was in PT trying to move my bad shoulder and trying to figure out the issue with the swollen ankles.
    I am about 20 months into treatment. I am getting lots of stomach aches lately so will probably have to start behaving with my diet.

Hang in there newbies It really does get better. I still consider myself a newbie too and believe everyday is a new day with hope for continuous improvement!

I am sending well wishes to all!

Patti

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Diane and Anna,

Your words came just at the right time, thanks for sharing and so good that you both are doing great, it gives us all hope.  The first year is very hard and Diane I can relate to the doorknob, they get harder and harder to turn, will look forward to easy turning :blush:.

…………….Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Thank you for sharing your good news Anna – and Diane, so nice to see you call by with such an uplifting post. :dude::dude: to you both! Lynnie

……….and another for you, Patti:dude: Great news!!

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Kim
    Participant

[user=287]Patti D[/user] wrote:

I better pay it forward too. If it weren't for the thyroid issue I would say I am , drum roll………95%. Yeah!

Patti, you too……this is great! :blush: 

I thought you looked pretty darn good this summer, but sometimes achy joints don't look achy and one would never know.  We're about in the same boat with our thyroids being one of the last hold outs, but we'll get to the bottom of that too.

You have a great attitude and I gotta think that didn't hurt in your recovery. 😉  Enjoy that beautiful lake while we're still having this wonderful weather. 😎

Let the good times roll…….hugs……kim

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=287]Patti D[/user] wrote:

Just 2 days ago I took a long huge swim in the lake, about 1/4 mile each way, used a paddle boat 1/4 around the lake and my favorite part yet with these failing ankles JUMPED ON A TRAMPOLINE!!!!!
    Did I mention I am 54! I even went down the slide into the lake. I laughed so hard I almost cried. Last summer I was in PT trying to move my bad shoulder and trying to figure out the issue with the swollen ankles.
    I am about 20 months into treatment. I am getting lots of stomach aches lately so will probably have to start behaving with my diet.

((((Patti))))) – this is so AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you…boy do I remember when you first joined us here. It couldn't have happened to a sweeter, lovlier person and I'm with Kim…your uplifting, positive attitude has no doubt gone a long way towards your healing. These diseases can really suck and bring us down…there were times when I read your words, knowing what you were going through, and you were just so inspiring, bless you. Thank you for sticking around with here…we'd really miss you if you were enjoying yourself too much and not coming by every now and again to shoot the breeze with us here. 😉

Peace, Maz

m.
    Participant

Hi Patti, with a thyroid issue and being 54, has anyone ever done a sex hormone panel on you? Saliva, not serum?

Kim
    Participant

[user=732]m.[/user] wrote:

Hi Patti, with a thyroid issue and being 54, has anyone ever done a sex hormone panel on you? Saliva, not serum?

I had that panel done when I started Lyme tx, and he was shocked at how low I was on everything………so non-existent that they couldn't assign a number to it.:shock:  He pushed hard for bio-identical hormones which I agreed to do, but haven't had a follow-up test to see if it's any better.  I know my thyroid is still really messed up which is keeping my energy level low.

kim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘ it will work.’ is closed to new replies.