Home Forums General Discussion it will work.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    m.
    Participant

The reason I mention sex hormones (saliva testing) is that adequate progesterone will help thyroid. Significantly. This is covered in Dr. John Lee's books and website.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

This is an interesting article by Dr John Lee and Virginia Hopkins on progesterone and thyroid: http://www.virginiahopkinstestkits.com/thyroidarticle.html. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Patti D
    Participant

Well Ladies,
    I woke up to such nice notes from my RB friends and it just started to make my day already so perfect. Thanks!!! Maz & Kim & Lynnie your kind words are appreciated.
    Now that I have an Indiana GIRLFRIEND I am planning on getting a Connecticut GIRLFRIEND as well. Kim are you up for a road trip?????
    Maz, I am working on a big account of mine that asked if there was any place I would really like to go to do training and I mentioned Connecticut so I could visit a friend. They thought that may be a possibility so who knows. Where good thoughts go, energy flows…….

M.
    I have never had my hormones checked. I am post menopause (still crabby sometimes HA) and do think I am all out of estrogen.The progestone is probably a bit in the drivers seat right now but maybe that is off too. I think an endocrinologist should also do a full work up for these cysts but then what… Can you elaborate on this saliva test so I know what to ask for at my next doctor visit. I have never taken any hormones as I had a breast lump scare 3 years ago and have a history of breast cancer in the family. I know very little about the safety of bio identical hormones but do know there is a thyroid connection. Kim did you notice a difference with the bio-identical hormones? I think not as we are cystas!!!

We put our other house on the market again today which is really stressful My husband is still not found a new job but……. as we all know those issues are fixable eventually. Until you loose your health and have the fortune to “get it back” even if it is slightly “broken” is a wonderful thing and a definite life changing event. Once again, I am grateful!

Happy days to all!

Patti

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=287]Patti D[/user] wrote:

Maz, I am working on a big account of mine that asked if there was any place I would really like to go to do training and I mentioned Connecticut so I could visit a friend. They thought that may be a possibility so who knows. Where good thoughts go, energy flows…….

Patti, that would be so great!!! If you pull it off, let me know….please know you're most welcome to stay with us, if it's close enough to where you will be doing the training and convenient for you…you, too, Kim and Trudi if you come in Patti's suitcase!!! :roll-laugh:

Any chance you could keep renting out your house until hubby finds work again? Would that be a solution until the market picks up? You're in my thoughts!

Peace, Maz

Kim
    Participant

Well Ladies,
    I woke up to such nice notes from my RB friends and it just started to make my day already so perfect. Thanks!!! Maz & Kim & Lynnie your kind words are appreciated.
    Now that I have an Indiana GIRLFRIEND I am planning on getting a Connecticut GIRLFRIEND as well. Kim are you up for a road trip?????

Road trip……..sounds like fun……….I'm in. 😀

Patti, you asked if I feel better with the bio-identical hormones and I honestly cannot tell the difference.  I know I have a serious absorption problem.  I am making an appointment with a functional medicine m.d. that, hopefully, finally, can sort this out.

Try to keep the stress level manageable with the house and all.  The economy seems to be picking up a bit, so I hope that bodes well for your husband's job hunt too.

Take care…..kim

Kim
    Participant

Patti,

The hormone test that I had was:

Hormones w/E1,E2,E3,& hGH (24hr) ~ Genova Diagnostics

We also did a Toxic Element Clearance Profile, also by Genova Diagnostics

These were tests run by my LLMD, and he's pretty picky about labs.

Hope this helps…..kim

Patti D
    Participant

Great Maz!
    I am working on it. How fun would that be. Ya never know.

Kim,
    We could be kind of subdue Thelma & Louise. Ha! Thanks for the testing info. I will run it by the new guy! Did I seem hormonal???? Way to funny.

Oh,
    About that” toxic element clearance profile “. That may have to wait until we are finished with the summer”laketinis”
    Where is prix560 when you need him!!! I need some back up on this.

Patti

Kim
    Participant

Oh,
    About that” toxic element clearance profile “. That may have to wait until we are finished with the summer”laketinis”
    Where is prix560 when you need him!!! I need some back up on this.

Laketinis…..yum, sounds delicious. 🙂  There are certain things it's best just not to mention to your doctor. 😉

Prix is probably in training for the LSU football season.  I bet his tailgate parties last at least two days, don't you?  Let's see if he posts with sympathy for a big ole flair after the first game. :roll-laugh:

Take care…..kim

Patti D
    Participant

Oh yeah. See if Prix has fun , we want to also.

If the doctor asked what is in a laketini I would tell him, it is LOADED with antioxidants. Pomergranate juice & lemon juice(detoxer right) and then the secret ingredient a splash of Lynnies approved Vodka. Wat is that brand again that is for the gluten free folks?

This too may be paying it forward.

Patti

Patti D
    Participant

Lynnie,
    I tried to open that article but it said thyroid article not found on Url what ever that means.

I am such a computer nut case. Any help is appreciated.
    Patti

Christina V
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Just want to say thank you to everyone for being here, I have said it before, but really – THANK YOU :).  I've briefly glimpsed at the board in the last couple of weeks, havn't had the energy to read all the long ongoing posts, have felt to too poorly and in pain.  Didn't want to post and be a downer to anyone.  I've done a lot of catching up this morning – and I can't believe how much I have gleaned yet again.

Ruth you are an inspiration.  Thank you.  I am on abx and currently weaning off the prednisilone, I was feeling great and then it all changed.  I should have realised it was the reduction in prednisilone – but you do forget so many of the things you read!  I am weaning under doctors supervision, but it doesn't lessen the effects does it?

By the way, big congratulations to you Simon.  You are on the way, your tenacity has had it's rewards.

Many hugs and my eternal gratitude to you all.  Christina

m.
    Participant

Hi Patti,

My MD uses Diagnos-Techs. The kit you get for testing female hormones would depend on whether you're cycling or not still.

John Lee's books are very good. You might be interesting in his book on breast cancer.

Low progesterone relative to estrogen is the danger.

Christina V
    Participant

My apologies to Anna, Diane and Patti,

Your response to AP, your attitudes and your wonderful posts are very encouraging. Thank you :). 

I was switching between posts, trying to catch up on the news from the last couple of weeks, and put a response on this post that was meant for Ruth and Simon on another post. 

I am so grateful to be able to read all the positive results attained.  Once again thanks to you all.  Christina

Trudi
    Participant

Just 2 days ago I took a long huge swim in the lake, about 1/4 mile each way, used a paddle boat 1/4 around the lake and my favorite part yet with these failing ankles JUMPED ON A TRAMPOLINE!!!!!
    Did I mention I am 54! I even went down the slide into the lake. I laughed so hard I almost cried. Last summer I was in PT trying to move my bad shoulder and trying to figure out the issue with the swollen ankles.

Hi Patti–

This is absolutely awesome!!

Wishing you good luck in the sale of your home–certainly don't need that stressor, in addition to having your husband out of work–meeting him at our get-together–he's a great guy and will succeed in finding a job!!

Patti, you asked if I feel better with the bio-identical hormones and I honestly cannot tell the difference.

I was on them for a year–didn't notice any difference, either.

…please know you're most welcome to stay with us, if it's close enough to where you will be doing the training and convenient for you…you, too, Kim and Trudi if you come in Patti's suitcase!!! :roll-laugh:

I would love to meet you!!!!

I'm really responding late to this post–had the flu last week–yuck :doh:–

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Rosey UK
    Participant

Anna and Patti

Great to hear all this wonderful news thankyou! It really gets us back on track in every way

Thanks again and well done!

Rosemary x

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘ it will work.’ is closed to new replies.