Home Forums General Discussion I'm Off to Ida Grove Monday!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    sjess
    Participant

Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know I am heading to Ida Grove Monday to get my first round of IVs with Dr. S. I'm excited and a little nervous. I've got a great gal going with me. Her name is Karen. I told her it would be b-o-r-i-n-g up there. She's okay with that. What a sweetheart! She rearranged her schedule and everything when she found out I needed someone to go with me. What a blessing.

So I'm in good hands. I will miss my hubby and puppy a lot I'm sure but will keep busy surfing the web and watching tv and no doubt ZZZZZZing. I have my Jolly Ranchers and cranberry juice and Saran Wrap. I did get some Tootsie Pops too but I ate them all already! Oops! Good thing there is a dollar store there.

Hopefully I'll be able to keep in touch with you all and let you know what is going on. Please, if there is anything else you can think of that I might need, I would appreciate any last minute advice you might have.

Well, I'm so thankful for all of you and this site and I am crossing my fingers they can get the IV started pretty easily  LOL

Talk to ya all later!

Sharon  🙂

Kim
    Participant

Sending positive vibes your way, Sharon.  Look forward to hearing from you while you are there.

Take care…..kim

p.s. Pack some good walking shoes too because there is a nice trail around the park across the street from the hotel…….you know, get that Clindy going. 😉

p.s.s. What a good friend!

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Sharon,
    I will be watching your posts next week!  I am rooting for you and praying all goes seamlessly!  Drive safely and take care!

Blessings,
    Michelle

BJK7493@aol.com
    Participant

Good luck to you! You will love Ida Grove.  The people are so nice there. Dr. S is so caring and understanding.  The nurses at the hospital are so well versed on this treatment. It was a very positive experience for me when I went there in May of this year. 

Best of luck and keep us posted

Julie

judy cash
    Participant

Sharon,

Good Luck with the IV's. I love Ida Grove. If you feel up to it,  there are some (second hand) stores in the main part of town, I found a lot of stuff. It was a fun past time for me. I sure hope the IV's will help you. Hugs to you and your wonderful friend, for helping you.

Judy

sjess
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for the positive vibes and all. I feel lots better 🙂

Judy, thanks for the heads up on those stores. I love checking out second hand stores and I think Karen would enjoy it too. We'll be sure to look for it.

Sharon

heatherbell
    Participant

good luck Sharon, I hope all goes well for you and looking forward to your feedback.

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Sharon,

sending you prayers and patience for the days ahead. Be positive everything will work out for the best and you go home feeling better. I am rooting for you

Enjoy the quiet time with your friend and rest a lot between IVs. Enjoy shopping when you can.

Best wishes, Eva:D

Eva Holloway

JeffN
    Participant

Best wishes Sharon. Hang in there.

JBJBJB
    Participant

Sharon,

Hope you will feel a great relief after the IV. I will be thinking of you. Bring my warmest greetings to Dr. S.

JB

Trudi
    Participant

Hi Sharon–

Have a safe trip!!  I will keep you in my prayers–

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Dan_M
    Participant

Good luck, Sharon. Sounds like you've packed everything you need in your Ida Grove Survival Kit. 😉 Good luck, and make sure you post your progress.

Dan

BeatingRA
    Participant

Sharon,

I'm thinking about you and hoping that all goes well with the IVs this week.

Theresa

aynurrzepa
    Participant

Sharon,

Wish you a very successful treatment and think only positive!

Please say hello to Dr. S from me from Dubai!

kathygirl
    Participant

If you are at the hospital at lunch time they have a great cafateria. The food is good and inexpensive. 

Hope all goes well for you.  Get lots of well deserved rest.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘ I'm Off to Ida Grove Monday!’ is closed to new replies.