Home Forums General Discussion I'm Off to Ida Grove Monday!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    carries
    Participant

Goodluck Sharon!!! Your in my thoughts and prayers.

sjess
    Participant

Hello From Ida Grove!

I'm here and I can't believe it is already Wednesday! Treatments are going well. I saw Dr. S Monday and he seemed very positive that I could see some improvements from the treatment. That was so encouraging.

My gallbladder acted up Monday and so I had a fitful night with upset stomach. Then last night the bed seemed quite uncomfortable for my back. I put some pillows under my legs and that helped. I am used to sleeping with my head elevated on my adjustable bed, so I feel like I'm sleeping with my head in a hole! But other than that, am doing okay.

I had them take the port out last night as it was irritating my arm. They put a new port in my right arm this morning and I am hoping that one will last through Friday. I am going to try to get the three in a day treatment on Thursday so we can high tail it out of here after the treatment Friday morning.

I ran into a gal from RB. It was so great to see her. What a great community RB is!

I'm enjoying the high speed wifi connection. It is going to be difficult to go back to dialup!

Well, that's the latest here. Thanks all of you for your kind words of encouragement and support. I appreciate you all so very much.

Sharon

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Sharon,

I am so glad you are doing well, hope your trip was short and you get the rest of the week done fast. Take it easy, but still have fun.

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

Kim
    Participant

Hang in there, Sharon. 😕  The IVs are no picnic, but keep telling yourself you're working towards a goal.

Take care…..kim

p.s. I think you have a little leverage with your husband here.  Tell him you can't come home to dial-up. :roll-laugh:  He's got a few days to work on that. 😉

Parisa
    Participant

Sharon,

It's good to hear that everything is going well in Ida Grove!

sjess
    Participant

Hi All,

Thanks so much you guys for posting your kind thoughts and encouragement.

I have some great news…

[align=center]:roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh:  I'm HERXING!  :roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh:[/align]
    My joints are starting to swell and ache, so the medicine is working. I feel so happy. I was afraid maybe the medicine wouldn't help me, but now I know it is helping and I just have to be patient, as Dr. S said.

While I was in Ida Grove, Karen and I drove up to the Storm Lake WalMart and I bought myself a watch that has 3 alarms so I can set it for the times when I need to take my minocycline. I keep missing my morning dose! So now I'll have a reminder for both doses.

Yea!!!!!

Sharon

PS   I'm exhausted and need to recuperate!

Kim
    Participant

Sharon, you are too funny!  Now, we'll throw a bigger party when you're wrinkles come back, post herxing. :roll-laugh:  How odd are we? 😕

Happy herxing!

Take care…..kim

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Yay Sharon! We're celebrating with you. Happy herxing indeed:roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh:Lynnie  

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Sharon,

hope you on your way home or home already. Happy herxing, if there is such a thing as happy LOL. Hope you doing okay now. Take it easy. Let me know how you doing once you get home.

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=1956]sjess[/user] wrote::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh:  I'm HERXING!  :roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh:

This is awesome news Sharon!  You are so funny!  What a great “take the lemon and make lemonade” attitude!!  At least you know this time why your body is acting up and that will make it easier to bear because you are “blasting the bastards!”  (Thanks Randy!)

Blessings,
    Michelle 

Maz
    Keymaster

Sharon, what AWESOME news! Hope you had a safe and uneventful trip home and that now you can relax in the comfort of your surrounds and in your hubby's loving arms. Good job, girl, just getting there and making it through your first round of IVs. Maybe there will be some way to get these arranged at home in future so you can do it all in situe? I hope so. 🙂

Hang in there…your friends are all here cheering you on!

Peace, Maz

sjess
    Participant

HI Guys and Gals,

Well, it was definitely a herx rxn because there is no more pain or swelling this morning. Wow, that was short!

The IV medicine gave me a yucky taste in my mouth and upset my stomach, but I am back to normal now and can eat regular food again.

The trip home was uneventful. We had to stop in Glidden, IA for some ice cream though! Yummy. It was a nice day and so we had no troubles on the way home.

The doctor said it will just be a wait and see thing now. See how I respond to the medicine. He said some people he never hears from again 'cause they get better! I'm supposed to check back in with him in a couple of months and get the results of the mycoplasma and strep blood tests. All other tests are close to normal except the sed rate which is elevated, though not as high as the last test done on me.

It is so good to be back in my own bed again and back home with hubby and puppy and my own recliner and emailing with friends. Thanks so much for all your support. I could not have done this by myself! You guys are great!

Julie got a picture of the three of us in Ida Grove that she is going to post. It was so fun on Friday. We were all at the hospital together at 9am to see the doctor so we all got a chance to visit together. It is so fantastic to meet other people going through this and hear their stories and listen to their resolve regarding this treatment. It is so uplifting. It is tough bucking the system, so support is so important.

Thanks again and I'll keep you posted on what ensues.

Sharon  :roll-laugh:

Kim
    Participant

Oh yes, that metallic Clindy taste………know it well.:P

Glad your trip home was uneventful, Sharon, and your herxing (fun as it was ;)) has tapered off.

I have to say, you already sound like a different person.  What a great attitude. :blush:

Take care…..kim

p.s. Please ask Julie to post her picture in the Post Your Picture thread, aka our family album.  Thx

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Sharon, great to read your most recent journal entry!  So happy for you girl!  Congrats!

Blessings,
    Michelle

Healer
    Participant

Hey!
    This is Cheryl up the way in MN. How are you doing? I talked with Dr. S and then decided, due to distance, to see Dr. M in MN by the Mississippi.
    Dr. M is a swell guy, but could not answer any of my nutrition/supplement type Q's. I started AP 2 weeks ago.

All the best!

Joy,
    Cheryl

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘ I'm Off to Ida Grove Monday!’ is closed to new replies.