Home Forums General Discussion I'M FREE ! ! !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Participant

Hey friends,

Thought I would post an update from my LLMD appointment on Monday.

When I was filling out the forms before my appointment there was a question asking how many antibiotics you'd been on since the last appointment and your reaction to each.  I was only able to list one because I'd been through the list and rather than start over from the top again, I decided to take a break to do my famous parasite cleanse. :doh:  Bottom line is I've been off antibiotics for 6 months. 😯

After I told him I was about 90% better, he smiled and said, “well, you don't need me anymore.” 😯  Of course I immediately had 20 questions about relapse, but he put my fears to rest saying that very few people do relapse and it's usually due to a major stressor like divorce or some kind of accident, etc.  We both feel that my immune system is getting it together, finally.  We booked another appointment in 6 months, but said he didn't expect me to need it and smiled again.

Now I have the strange feeling of being out in this big germy world all alone. :roll-laugh: I will be seeing a functional medicine doctor to help clean up my remaining issues like thyroid and osteoporosis.  After that is corrected I plan to be bullet-proof so this can't happen again. 😉

Hugs to all…….kim

BrendanG
    Participant

Sensational Kim!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Oh my, Kim! Words are woefully inadequate to describe how I felt when I read your post. What a gob-smacking, amazing, heart-warming, sensational outcome! And after such a journey as yours, I cannot think of a single person who deserves it more. You are a testament to tenacity and persistence and you so embody your 'whatever it takes' signature line. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Lynnie:roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh:

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Nickie_M
    Participant

Dear Kim,

Amazingly good news!!!:D  I truly am ecstatic for you!!! 😀 You've Graduated!! :DSincere warm congratulations!!  😀

Nickie

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Boy, I couldn't be happier unless I was writing this about my Mom!  ((((((Kim!)))))  I am thrilled, elated, emotional, weepy and praising the Lord for you!  AWESOME news!  May the Lord Bless you with continued progress and great health!

xxoo
    Michelle

Trudi
    Participant

Hi Kim–

I am so, so very happy for you.  Totally in awe :)!!!!

I sure would love to see a personal history thread.  I know you alluded to one in a recent post.  I'm sure it would make for an excellent read :D!

Congratulations on your “graduation” of sorts–

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

JOJO19551
    Participant

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful Kim!!  We love reading this.  You are such an inspiration.  JoAnn

PamW
    Participant

Kim,

That is terrific news…thanks for sharing!  It's encouraging!

Pam
    Indiana

tbird2340
    Participant

spacehoppa
    Participant

That's amazing Kim! No wonder it took you by surprise and alarmed you a little as well! I can't even imagine waving my rheumatologists goodbye forever… how weird would that be!?!

What a fantastic excuse to celebrate. I hope you treat yourself and have a party or indulge yourself somehow. You definitely deserve to do something special to acknowledge this triumph!

Lorie A
    Participant

Great news Kim, what a wonderful thing to hear from your doc. I know we all want to hear our doc say those words but when you finally hear it I'm sure it's a little shocking and exciting at the same time!

Hmm, makes me think about doing a parasite cleanse, oh my!:roll-laugh:

take care
    Lorie

Donna RA
    Participant

Wow Kim, that is terrific!  Job well done!  You are an inspiration, so please keep posting!

Donna RA and Lyme.

Andrea
    Participant

Thank God! and congratulations!

Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi Kim

Don't you dare worry it's only us thats germy with the wrongs that have happened to us. It won't ever happen to you again because you;ve done that and got the teeshirt. You're strong and healthy now! Theres nothing you don't know about all this. It's called awareness, STREETS AHEAD I'm not very good at explaining things. it's all inside me to say but not that good at expressing what I really feel.  I can't tell you how happy I am for you and it makes me feel excited and tearful at the same time. How wonderful for a wonderful lady to say I'M FREE! ! !

love to you Kim

Rosemary xx :roll-laugh: :roll-laugh: :roll-laugh: :roll-laugh:

judy cash
    Participant

:roll-laugh:KIM,

This is wonderful news. I am so happy for you. We all want to hear this news some day. I just have one more thing to say to you………………………………………………………………………………………………………………WE STILL NEED YOU HERE:crying: O.K.

Judy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘ I'M FREE ! ! !’ is closed to new replies.