Home Forums General Discussion I'M FREE ! ! !

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Mumof3
    Participant

That's awesome news Kim. I'm so glad to hear it. You are definitely an inspiration and have been a huge help to me! Thank you.

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Awesome, congratulations, well done, amazing…no words…just praise.  You are an inspiration.

–whaleharbor

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

rebeccaavazian
    Participant

Kim,

Im am so happy for you !! I got goose bumps reading your post and I am truly happy for you congrats!

xoxoxo

Rebecca

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1504]judy cash[/user] wrote:

WE STILL NEED YOU HERE:crying: O.K.

I'll second Judy's motion, Kim!!! You are very much loved here and we do need your encouraging, humorous, compassionate posts. No doubt about it, Judy, Kim's a veritable earth angel and it woudn't be the same without her!

Way to go, Kim!! You're such a role model of “Whatever it takes!” and you've gone and beaten the odds and done it! Whoo hooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace, Maz

Kim
    Participant

What lovely, sweet, posts, thank you all.  :blush:

The doctor caught me a little off guard because I expected to be weaned away more slowly, but, hey…..no complaints.

Hugs……kim

Patti D
    Participant

CYSTA,
    YOU HAVE BROKEN THE MOLD!!!!! HIP HIP HORRAY!!!!!!
    Girl,
    I am right behind you and can't wait to be right next to you!
    So so happy. Thanks for making my day!

“Celebrate good times come on…… It's a celebration.

Hugs, pats, high fives, and bumps!(ok ,not bumps)

Patti

Marie
    Participant

Congratulations to you, Kim!!!  You're an inspiration!

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Oh Kimmie,  je suis ravie,epanouie,quelle bonheur!! Sorry but English words just don't express the way I feel.I am so happy for you that I am bouncing off the walls.You are the first person I know who has actually done well enough to get off AP.
        I am not far behind you but I still have to take a mino every few days because I just wear myself out and agrivate my immune system no end. hehehe.Maybe when I end this business I will be like you.Now don't go and leave us because you have a new life.
           Love you kiddo,Lynne

Parisa
    Participant

Wow Kim,

I couldn't be happier for you!

Kim
    Participant

Thanks again everyone for the well-wishes, and LynneG, I have no idea what you just said to me. :roll-laugh:

No plans to go anywhere at this time.  The no-abx girl will keep you updated on how it's going.  I feel like I'm flying without a safety net here and really counting on my immune system to get back to work.  May be a mistake and only time will tell, but for me right now, a risk I'm willing to take.

Hugs to all (and a “bump” to Patti :D)……..kim

p.s. Patti ~ I'm not sure “laketinis” and trampolines together are such a good idea, separately, no problem. 😉

Merla
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

Bottom line is I've been off antibiotics for 6 months. 😯

Now I have the strange feeling of being out in this big germy world all alone.

WOW!! Congratulations Kim! Thanks for sharing your positive news as well as how strange it feels at the same time. That is the position I'm in as well. Thanks to AP and Dr. R in Utah I feel great. I've been on doxycyline for two years, I'm at least 90% better! When my doc mentioned weaning me off of AP I realized I was scared. Thanks to your post today I think I can do it too! Thank you thank you thank you!

Patti D
    Participant

Hey Merla,
    Great news for you too. Sounds like you were diagnosed about the same time as I was. I have been on AP since 11/07 and am down to 1 minocycline per day but started at 100mg bid. Just had bloodwork done again yesterday but like you feel 95%. I am not sure what my bloodwork will show but I sure feel good.
    My question to you. Do you still take anti-inflammatories. I take one nyproxen per day regardless of what I feel because I want to keep inflamation down. I am not sure if this is good or bad.
    2nd question- for you and Kim

Did your doctor recommend stopping ap because of your symptom free position or because your bloodwork was normal or was it a combination.

We all want to be where you are.
    Thanks so much.

Patti

nspiker
    Participant

Wow Kim, I am so excited for you!  You are my inspiration! 

Thanks to you and all the others who have gone before….it helps us newbies.

Kim
    Participant

Hey Merla,

In no way am I recommending going abx-free to anyone, it just felt right to me for now, and my doc agreed.  He was so confident I'd be fine, I just thought, well OK then.  I'd be curious to follow your progress if you stop too.

Patti ~ This is what a lax APer I've become, I haven't even done labs in over 6 months so had nothing new to bring in. 😯  My labs have never been scary anyway so my best barometer is how I feel and my doctor puts a lot of stock in patient feedback.  He's not a formula guy and really listens…….gosh, can't imagine why it's so hard to get an appointment? 😉  He felt 6 months abx-free and feeling 90% better was enough information for him.

Time will tell.

Take care…..kim

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Kim,

Just like to add my congrats as well, you certainly have done well.

It must be a bit like taking those first steps out of hospital after being sick, back into the germy world.  :blush:. You will do well…………….Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘ I'M FREE ! ! !’ is closed to new replies.