Home Forums General Discussion HELP ready to give up

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

@Trudi wrote:

Thanks, Nora, for this post and the further information you gave me via PM.

For anyone interested, if you google “borax for arthritis,” you will find much information on this treatment.

Take care,
    Trudi

Trudi & Other Friends,

I’m not sure which one of you first mentioned Borax and/or Boron on this topic, but as I’ve read more and more, I am shocked that I had never read the amazing information in the links I found in just the last couple of days. Besides the help for arthritis pain, it is pretty amazing the list of conditions the article describes it is helpful for. One of our “guys” on this board also mentioned prostate problems, so when I saw a link about Boron and prostatitis, I also included that link to paste with the other Boron link, which I’m sharing/pasting below. Hope this will shed more light on this subject. (It’s amazing that our physicians haven’t already discovered these things and shared them with us, don’t you think?)

Remember, this is not a recommendation for any of us to DO anything, but for us all to educate ourselves before we make treatment decisions. Speaking of which, some of the physicians mentioned in the links below have had outstanding articles listed under “Articles” on http://www.arthritistrust.org and I recognized their names. (In fact, back about 1998-99 when I was in a wasting syndrome and didn’t know what was going on, I began eating twice daily a flaxseed oil & yogurt combination that I felt was the reason eventually my gut had apparently healed and I began gaining back the lost pounds. It was about 2000 (two or three years later) when I went to the Arthritis Trust site to read an article about” Essential Fatty Acids Are Essential” and just happened to learn about Dr. Johanna Budwig’s work that had turned around terminal cancer patients whom the medical community had said they had done all known to do [using flaxseed oil and quark… similar to cottage cheese & yogurt, which I had eaten twice daily for a year, and once daily ever since] . Ahaa!

http://www.regenerativenutrition.com/boron-osteoporosis-arthritis-allergies-menopause-hormones.asp
    The Wonder of Boron

An additional link from another site: http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/chris/2005/01/17/yeast_organisms_and_prostatitis.htm
    Yeast Organisms and Prostatitis

Noraclaypod
    Participant

Bravo for continuing your research. I wouldn’t call it amazing that doctors don’t tell us this stuff, I would call it profitable.

Trudi
    Participant

@A Friend wrote:

I’m not sure which one of you first mentioned Borax and/or Boron on this topic,

Hi Friend–
    That would be Nora!

I’ve been taking 1/8 tsp in a liter for two weeks–the first week I did 4 days on, 3 days off; last week I did 5 days on, 2 days off. I’ve definitely had herxing. However, something good is going on. The other day I noticed that a grouping of about one large and 5 smaller warts on the heel of my right foot are gone. They had been there for at least a year. I also have had swelling on my wrists and it is all but gone on the right wrist and largely reduced on my left. I feel really good, but my left knee is giving me more grief. Everything is loosening up and if I don’t stand/walk just right, the knee gives out with a lot of pain. Oddly enough, I think it’s a healing sign, but I am in the early stages and will see how it continues. At the moment I feel very optimistic–

Best to all–Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers–
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Noraclaypod
    Participant

@Trudi wrote:

@A Friend wrote:

I’m not sure which one of you first mentioned Borax and/or Boron on this topic,

Hi Friend–
    That would be Nora!

I’ve been taking 1/8 tsp in a liter for two weeks–the first week I did 4 days on, 3 days off; last week I did 5 days on, 2 days off. I’ve definitely had herxing. However, something good is going on. The other day I noticed that a grouping of about one large and 5 smaller warts on the heel of my right foot are gone. They had been there for at least a year. I also have had swelling on my wrists and it is all but gone on the right wrist and largely reduced on my left. I feel really good, but my left knee is giving me more grief. Everything is loosening up and if I don’t stand/walk just right, the knee gives out with a lot of pain. Oddly enough, I think it’s a healing sign, but I am in the early stages and will see how it continues. At the moment I feel very optimistic–

Best to all–Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers–
    Trudi

YAY! I have tears in my eyes to think you may get well on this, like I did! I am so happy, and I’m praying for you! Your open mind will pay off! Keep us posted on your progress! HUGS!

It would help if you gave the dose you are on, and how long you have been on each increase. You could be just herxing. Please try and get something for the pain from the Dr. and explain what is happening and how you feel. The treatment always makes things worse before they get better which can be alarming for a new person. Have you read the newby section at the into. Dr. Brown also said treatment works better if you keep the inflammation down which many do not like doing. They do not like taking anything unless they have to but you have to be able to cope and treatment often needs to be gradual. or you may need to increase it. What ever the case you need to discuss it with your Dr. to get some help honey as patients are not allowed to prescribe. We know it works.

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.