Home Forums General Discussion HELP ready to give up

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Parisa
    Participant

Well, I took the plunge and bought a boron supplement, Triboron by Twinlabs. I took one in the morning and one in the evening on Saturday, gave one to my dog who suffers from arthritis and one to my husband. I noticed that my stomach was a little off but didn’t want to equate it to the boron. On Sunday, I took a sauna and decided I really needed to start being better about replacing the minerals I lose when I sweat. I have taken TriSalts on occasion and have noticed that it gives me the runs. I decided that this time I would take a smaller amount. By mid-morning on Sunday I had intense nausea and it felt like someone had taken a blow torch to my intestines. My dog had spent the night throwing up throughout the house. My husband was having no problems. I took a look at the boron supplement and noticed that the reason it is called Triboron is it has three forms of boron and one of them is an aspartate form. I think it was the aspartate form that did me and the dog in. My husband obviously doesn’t have an issue with it so it may be an individual thing. When I’m feeling more adventuresome again, I will try a different boron supplement without the aspartate and see if I tolerate it.

gordbentley
    Participant

yah this boron thing doesnt sound so appealing. Don’t think I need that ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

stwig
    Participant

Good afternoon all,
    For the last 6 months I have been on a drastic down hill slide. Each month has consisted of a visit to Dr. F or Dr. L in Riverside, at which time I would get a injection of steriods just to give me a little relief from the terrible pain and stiffness. I am not a fan of steroid use, but I have been in so much pain that any form of relief was welcome. Additions of more medications, different medications, more supplements at each doctor visit has not stopped the constant worsening. Each month within a week of the injection the drastic swelling and pain starts coming back, such that by the time a month has passed, I could barely get into the car for the ride to Riverside for the next doctor appointment.

When I read Nora’s post regarding her experience with borax, I totally admit that at first my mind said no way. Then I read the journal article by Hunt and Idso about Boron as a regulator of immune response. I became very interested in trying Boron. I had some fear about ingesting the boron from the detergent, so I found a vitamin called Tri-boron. It has 3mg per capsules consisting of Boron citrate, Boron glycinate, and Boron aspartate.

I have taken 6mg each day (3mg with breakfast, and 3mg with dinner) for the last 4 days. I have not experienced any stomach upset, or other adverse symptoms. I know it has only been a very short time, but I am starting to see some changes. I am now able to bend my fingers about 50% more than I could last week. The swelling in my ankles and toes is reduced enough that I could put on regular shoes this morning instead of my huge soft, 2 sizes too large, sneakers. I can raise my hands above my head with relative ease, which is usually a very painful or even impossible task.

I realize this sounds like a wild story or hopeful thinking, and that these slight changes do not sound like much, but considering my tragic roller coaster over the last 5 months, I am feeling optimistic, as at least things are going in the right direction for the first time in a long time.

I will continue to post updates and hopefully they will all be positive. A huge thank you to Nora for posting her story and to those who added the scientific references about Boron.

Starla

A Friend
    Participant

@Parisa wrote:

Well, I took the plunge and bought a boron supplement, Triboron by Twinlabs. I took one in the morning and one in the evening on Saturday, gave one to my dog who suffers from arthritis and one to my husband. I noticed that my stomach was a little off but didn’t want to equate it to the boron. On Sunday, I took a sauna and decided I really needed to start being better about replacing the minerals I lose when I sweat. I have taken TriSalts on occasion and have noticed that it gives me the runs. I decided that this time I would take a smaller amount. By mid-morning on Sunday I had intense nausea and it felt like someone had taken a blow torch to my intestines. My dog had spent the night throwing up throughout the house. My husband was having no problems. I took a look at the boron supplement and noticed that the reason it is called Triboron is it has three forms of boron and one of them is an aspartate form. I think it was the aspartate form that did me and the dog in. My husband obviously doesn’t have an issue with it so it may be an individual thing. When I’m feeling more adventuresome again, I will try a different boron supplement without the aspartate and see if I tolerate it.

[Correction: I mistakenly wrote “Boron” in this reply, should have been “Biotin” (one of the B vitamins) which I have taken for a long time, because I have been on AP for a long time and this wipes out much of our good gut flora, and much of our B vitamins are made by our gut flora; and in Dr. Crook’s work educated me about why yeast becomes systemic and begin burrowing deep into the tissues looking for more Biotin. AM CHANGING/CORRECTING BORON TO BIOTIN…af]

Parisa, hope you read all of the information in the quoted material in the links that told about taking Biotin. It also recommends that when we take Biotin that we take a complete Multiple B Vitamin in addition to the single B vitamin, and explains this well. The Biotin I’ve been taking for several years is about 1/3 of the dosage recommended in the article. I plan to increase my dosage, because of what I read about its ability to keep the yeast/candida from multiplying when this B vitamin is present.

I used Tri-Salts when I first learned about how acidic I was. I believe Tri-Salts is actually 3 needed mineral salts. I used them when I used the FIR sauna, and needed to quickly replace some minerals.

So much to know, so little time…lol

AF

Parisa
    Participant

Starla,

I’m so glad that you have found relief with the boron. My research is showing that it is an important mineral for Vitamin D and the use of other minerals so I’m very interested in it. The fact that I (and the dog, poor thing!) seem to have reacted to the aspartate version of the boron in the Triboron doesn’t mean that all will do the same. It could just be my particular sensitivity. I will be looking for an aspartate free form of boron in the future.

pattyrod
    Participant

I also took the plunge. I started taking 1/8 of a teaspoon of 20 Mule Borax with a liter of reverse osmosis water on Saturday. No side effects as of yet (just tremendous hope). I will follow what Nora did – 3 days on, 1 day off.

I looked at supplements and it was confusing because the sources of the boron were different chemical names. It made we wonder about absorbability. It seems that straight borax does absorb very well from the different posts on the internet and from Nora.

Needless to say, I was completely obsessed this weekend with goggling boron/borax.

This may be a super stupid question, but any chance tetracyclines contain boron???? I googled it and there were some highly technical write ups on tetracylines and boron and organoboron. I could not understand one word.

I’ll keep everyone posted…
    Patty

A Friend
    Participant

@Parisa wrote:

Starla,

I’m so glad that you have found relief with the boron. My research is showing that it is an important mineral for Vitamin D and the use of other minerals so I’m very interested in it. The fact that I (and the dog, poor thing!) seem to have reacted to the aspartate version of the boron in the Triboron doesn’t mean that all will do the same. It could just be my particular sensitivity. I will be looking for an aspartate free form of boron in the future.

Starla, Parisa, Everyone,
    I only read the first post about borax a day or two ago, and don’t remember having read about borax being used for rheumatic diagnoses. It was interesting. And, I’ve been familiar with Dr. F’s practice in Riverside for a number of years and have been to his site many times; so I had good vibes about it if he and Dr. L were using it.

Then, in some of the replies to another member’s post about her yeast problems, I wrote a comment about my having taken Boron supplements for a number of years, and why, based on Dr. Crook’s work. I must admit, I didn’t know how closely Boron and Borax were related.

Wanting to have a written definition of both of these, I did a search and this is the link I chose to share here; and believe you may benefit from it, too:
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/894.html

AF

stwig
    Participant

Hi A Friend,
    20 mule team Borax is a compound, technical name is sodium tetraborate decahydrate. In laymans terms that translates to a compound that consists of one sodium molecule attached to four borate molecules surrounded by ten water molecules. When you ingest it the water and sodium molecules are soluble in stomach acid and fall right off, making the boron easily accessible. My concerns were with the factory conditions where they manufacture the detergent. They would not fall under any safety guidelines for consumables, as they are making a detergent. That is why I decided to try the tri-boron supplement.

There are no boron molecules in tetracycline.

Starla

pattyrod
    Participant

Starla,

Great post! I do share your concerns about the factory conditions – kinda scary. From all I read, I could find no negatives and only positive posts on 20 Mule. There was also a post that 20 Mule is 99.5% pure. Do you know the difference between Boron citrate, Boron glycinate, Boron aspartate and sodium tetraborate?

I found a “pharmaceutical grade” sodium tetra borate decahydrate online from a body building site. How can one be sure of the source of their “pharmaceutical grade” sodium tetra borate decahydrate (which is exactly the same as 20 Mule Borax) since supplements are not regulated. Here’s the link: http://www.performanceedge.com/104A/stb-boron. What do you think?

I too had drug induce lupus and can’t take minocin – so we are in the same boat. I am feeling better, but need more time to be sure and make sure it’s not in my head.

Let’s keep posting our results….
    Patty

Noraclaypod
    Participant

To all those considering my Borax cure: The 20 Mule Team brand in the 3 lb box is what I use, and It needs to be mixed in about a liter of water: Once you dump the 1/8 teaspoon into the bottle, shake it about five seconds. You will see that it completely dissolves, there are no suspended particles visible. You won’t see any soap bubbles, or even taste the Borax, it just looks like a bottle of drinking water. It’s very different than Tide, more like a salt or chrystaline in substance.

I can’t vouch for tablets or supplements containing boron, since I only have personal experience with 20 Mule Team Borax.

My husband has been having some symptoms (stiffness, leg pains, brain fog, cold feet) of Scleroderma, so he is now taking Borax at 1/4 teaspoon in a Smart Water liter bottle, as well. He has a really touchy stomach, and I sortof thought he might have some issues, but so far nothin’. Please don’t be afraid to try it, because you think of it as drinking liquid soap! Naaaa, it doesn’t taste like chicken, either. I’m working up a report on exactly what all I did to get well. If you’d like to read it straight from the horses mouth, I’ll email it to anyone who needs to beat their disease, for free. email me: jamaclaypod@yahoo.com and I’ll send it, because I’d like for other people to reap the benefits I did. Put “report” in the subject line.

Hi, Jeff! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Trudi
    Participant

Hi All–

I also took the plunge this morning–1/8 tsp of borax in a liter of water. Felt more tired today but pretty good until about 4 o’clock. My knees are really sore, my arms are achey and I feel a little feverish. Could be just the time of the day (don’t take my morning pain meds anymore and by that time I’m starting to need it) or I could be herxing. Hopefully tomorrow will be better ๐Ÿ™‚ .

Starla–I am delighted to hear of your improvements. More power to you!!!!!

Good luck to all with this treatment–

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Eva Holloway
    Participant

I have been taking Cal-Mag with Boron for several years since I had read that the Boron helps the Cal-Mag to get into your bones. I may try the 20 Mule Borax since I still have some plague on my fingers. Maybe it will help with that.
    Eva ๐Ÿ˜›

Eva Holloway

stwig
    Participant

Hi Patty,
    As to the differences between Boron citrate, Boron glycinate, Boron aspartate, and Sodium tetraborate, I do not have a chemistry or biochemistry degree, so I cannot say with certainty how, or if, the slight differences will cause a different reaction once inside of the body. The only notable difference is with the sodium tetraborate, which has sodium molecules. The others are different combinations of boron, carbons, hydrogens, nitrogens and water molecules.

As to the pharmaceutical grade sodium tetraborate, sounds like a safer way to go, as they will have to meet factory standards for consumables. I see on their specs from that manufacturer that a dose equals 10 milligrams. I have only been doing 6 mg each day.

I’ve been trying to understand how and why this all links together with the infectious theory. I suspect what has happened in having a mycoplasma infection we got our immune system so ramped up in the fight, that now it does not know how to slow back down. It’s gone into overdrive and is stuck. I don’t know if that is the case, but it makes some sense to me, as I still believe in the infectious theory as the original cause of the illness.

All in all, it is a very complicated problem. If it were easy, someone would have already come up with a sure fire cure.

Cheers to all,
    Starla

Trudi
    Participant

@stwig wrote:

I’ve been trying to understand how and why this all links together with the infectious theory.

Hi Starla–

I found this on earthclinic.com–http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/borax.html
    “Curious to know why borax is one of the most important remedies to kill fungus and nano-bacteria? Us too! We asked our independent contributor from Bangkok for clarification on why borax is an important home remedy to consider in certain cases like dog mange, lupus and rosacea.

Ted’s response: “There are a lot of evidence why borax is effective against nearly all forms of fungus, whether they be mycoplasma found in lupus, rosacea, dog mange, interstitial cystitis plasmodium parasites, Morgellons disease, or even pneumonia. I think borax medicine is one of the medicines most ignored, misinformed or even suppressed in our present society. The authorities have done it so well that very few know that the toxicity of borax is about equal to that of simple table salt.”

Ted, the independent contributor, lives in Thailand. He went to college in the USA and majored in biochemistry and microbiology as a premed student. He was frustrated that many did not think “outside the box” so went back to Thailand. This information came from various websites which referred to him.

It’s all very interesting!

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Noraclaypod
    Participant

Hey Y’all,
    I found that article I read about the cold war era weaponizing of the Brucella virus by splicing it genetically with a visna virus;

http://www.mcs-international.org/top20_mycoplasma_linking_pathogen.html

This professor also had a more detailed article up on the site newilluminati.com but my browser won’t open the doc.
    Reading this will either make you hate or fear our secretive government, or maybe both, but it’s still very interesting.
    According to Scott’s article, Aids, Chron’s, cancer, type II Diabetes, Wegner’s, Parkinsons and many other diseases are caused by an infection with this weaponized bacterium, (draw your own conclusions) and estimates are that nearly everyone is infected now. It also mentions the fact that a trauma can trigger the onset of disease symptoms, and bingo–that wreck I was in was what triggered mine! This stuff can reside in cells and stay dormant for decades, until an event triggers it. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Also I went back and read what the links in this thread pointed to, because I didn’t have time until today, and holy mole-y what a lot of stuff! Thanks for such interesting and helpful links, y’all rock.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.