Home Forums General Discussion Eva Holloway Fell and Broke Her Hip

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    APbeliever
    Participant

Hope you are feeling better now. Hang in there.

Jeni
    Participant

Eva,
    I just read about your hip! I am so sorry! Please take care and I hope that your recovery is quick!

Sending you healing thoughts and good wishes,

jeni

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Hello everyone,

thank you for the well wishes. Physical and Occupt. Therapy are coming along real well and I will be able to go home on Friday this week. We are supposed to get a hospital bed for a period of time since I would never make it out of the waterbed we have. My grandson volunteered to help me with things around the house for awhile. I still have out-patient therapy for a little bit longer.

For some reason my hands have been looking real good. One of the doctors I have prescribed “Ammonium Lactate lotion 12%” and it seems to work. Almost three weeks and no big blister or peeling going on. Had to have Diflucan because I started to have an issue with the catheder (?). I had that in for six days. Seems to be helping a lot.

Rosey,

how did your procedure come along? hope it helped and you can swallow regual food again. They also gave me liquid food (Ensure) so I would not loose more weight. Lost 5 lbs in a week, had no appetite. Some of the rehab food isn't to hot so I didn't always eat much.

I hope everyone is doing as well as they can with either heat or rain.

Thank you Sharon for letting everyone know what happened. It is so nice to have caring friends. Sharon I hope you doing well.

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

Kim
    Participant

So glad you'll be headed home soon, Eva, where you'll be more comfortable.  Sounds like you've made great progress in a short time.

You are such a trooper!

Take care…..kim

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I am home since Friday and doing okay, walking around the house and today I am starting physical therapy. I hope they do as well as the rehab did. My left hip still hurts but not as much as when I had surgery, guess every day it will be less.

Will write more later on.

Eva Holloway

judy cash
    Participant

Eva,

I'm so glad that you are back home and doing better. You are just like Kim said…SUCH A TROOPER….Best Wishes

Judy

Dan_M
    Participant

Welcome home, Eva. I bet it sure feels good to be back! Keep getting better.

Dan

Eva Holloway
    Participant

I have a big goal. Next year our German choir is taking a trip to Germany and we will be singing in several towns and I am the person in charge of this trip. So I need to be well and walking properly. I don't want to be pushed around in a chair since I am the tour guide. So being able to walk is the most important thing to do.

I am still going to do phys. therapy and ocupational therapy for 4 to 6 weeks. After that I am on my own.

I have stuck with the antibiotic protocol all the way through this mess and I am still on it. So everyone cross your fingers I will be able to get back to normal agai,

Thanks for all your best wishes.

Eva Holloway

ideamktg
    Keymaster

Good for you Eva! You're a wonderful inspiration!!

Jeni
    Participant

Hi Eva,

I am so glad that you are doing so amazingly well! Glad to hear that you are walking around a lot and improving so quickly!

Take care,

jeni

Kim
    Participant

[user=236]Eva Holloway[/user] wrote:

I have a big goal. Next year our German choir is taking a trip to Germany and we will be singing in several towns and I am the person in charge of this trip. So I need to be well and walking properly. I don't want to be pushed around in a chair since I am the tour guide. So being able to walk is the most important thing to do.

Eva, girlfriend, there is NO doubt that next year you will not only be on the trip to Germany, but you'll be the girl who is polkaing and singing your way through pubs and events across the country. :blush:  You German girls are tough and sitting on the sidelines is not an option for you! 😉

Take care…..kim

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

welcome home, Eva! Glad to hear you are doing so well and that the pain has lessened. Sounds like a wonderful goal to inspire you. Be well! Lynnie 

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Trudi
    Participant

[user=236]Eva Holloway[/user] wrote:

I have a big goal.

Hi Eva–

I agree, traveling to Germany is a big goal.  It's a big goal even for healthy individuals.  You will surely meet your goal!  Your determination will get you there!!

Glad to hear you are back home.

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘ Eva Holloway Fell and Broke Her Hip’ is closed to new replies.