Home Forums General Discussion Eva Holloway Fell and Broke Her Hip

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    hopefulmama
    Participant

Eva,

I am praying for your full recovery.  I hope this ends up being a wonderful time for you to spend with your grandson.  My husband lived with his grandmother for a year in his mid-twenties to help care for her (she was in her eighties at the time) and he recalls it fondly as one of the best and most important years of his life.  They referred affectionately to her home at that time as “The Bachelor Pad” as they were both single 🙂

Take care and we're pulling for you.

Andrea

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Eva – hope all goes well for you in rehab. This must have been such a blow to you after doing so very well, so be kind to yourself if you're feeling a bit low. How lovely to give your grandson the opportunity to help you out when he is in need also. Take care, Eva. Lynnie  

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

linda
    Participant

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear about your injury. Thank goodness you were doing so well, at least that should make your recovery a little bit easier.

Thinking of you, linda

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=236]Eva Holloway[/user] wrote:

tomorrow I will go to the rehab north of Houston. I may be there for three or four weeks. My 25 year old grandson is going to learn how to help me. He will be paid about 7 Dollars an hour. He lost his job about 6 weeks ago,

Eva, so happy to see you posting again and that you will soon by up and about getting that hip working for you. What a fantastic grandson you have to help you out like this, but you must be a pretty terrific grandma for him to want to do it, too! :dude:

Peace, Maz

Patti D
    Participant

Eva,
    So glad you are ready for rehab with that special grandson to see you through! Knowing you you will work really hard at getting that new hip working for you but don't get right in to your old group with the crazy polkas right away. Give yourself some time to readjust.

You will do well Eva. My prayers continue for quick healing and pain free recovery.

Fondly,
    Patti

jims
    Participant

Hello Eva, I have no doubt that you will overcome this temporary setback, as you have so many others. You are in my prayers, jim

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Thank you again for all the well wishes. First day in rehab and they are realy working me over. Had to take a nape this afternoon. The meds is somewhat messing with my arthritis, right now I am on oxicondent (?) and another pain pill. Glad when I get over that and can get back to AP stuff.:doh:

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

Kim
    Participant

Hi Eva,

Thanks for taking the time to post.  Oxycontin is a very strong pain killer and can be highly addictive in a short time, which they've probably warned you about.  I took it for a week after a knee replacement and then found I could manage with Advil and a walker. 

Have you asked your doctors if you could continue your antibiotics with the pain killers?  It might be OK. 😕

Good luck with the rehab, Eva, and post when you can.  We love hearing from you. 🙂

Take care…..kim

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Hi everyone,

one week down on physical and occupational therapy for three hour a day. By the time evening comes I am tired.Doing better with walking, but it will be a long way to go. Any other way I am doing okay. Miss the LDN, don't sleep all night. Taking drugs interfiering :headbang:with the LDN.

EVa:D

Eva Holloway

Dan_M
    Participant

Hey, Eva, hang in there. You've already got one week of OT and PT under your belt, so it's just a matter of time before you're back full throttle again. I hope you can get some rest in the meantime, I'm sure you need it.

Keep getting better,

Dan

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Praying for a full recovery.

Rosey UK
    Participant

OMG poor Eva,

I am sending love to her, how scary is this. I am so frightened my self of falling with having osteoporosis. 

love Rosemary xx :crying:

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Eva – hang in there! Do hope you get some sleep soon, it's so important for healing. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Maz
    Keymaster

Rosemary – have been thinking of you and so glad you checked in…how did your procedure go on the 20th? Was it a success and are you better able to swallow food now?

Peace, Maz

ideamktg
    Keymaster

Hope you're feeling better Eva… having someone help you is wonderful. I'll keep you in my prayers…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘ Eva Holloway Fell and Broke Her Hip’ is closed to new replies.