Home Forums General Discussion Earthing reduces inflammation can help autoimmune/ Rheumatic

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    vera
    Participant

I finally bought an earthing pad. The first night I used it, I felt ‘wired’, but after several nights sleeping with my bare feet on the pad, that doesn’t bother me any more. I have sleep issues, but this earthing pad seems to be helping me sleep much much deeper than I’ve slept since I can remember! And now I actually look forward to going to sleep – a first! I do wake up several times a night (due to bladder problems), but am able to fall back to sleep much faster. Also, at times my pain level has dropped quite a lot (I have PsA). Last Friday I actually felt nearly ‘normal’ – a first! Our weather has been like a rollercoaster so pain is up and down, but I was so shocked at how good I felt – I’d forgotten.

I developed a slight urinary tract infection which I’m wondering whether it could be detox symptoms due to the earthing. It comes and goes thru the day/night – not like a typical UTI.

Thanks GG for all your input – earthing is a tremendous addition to my rheumatic disease protocol!

Lori

Anonymous
    Participant

I just did a search on RBF looking for info in ‘earthing’ and I was so happy to read through this thread. I am wanting to order the 1/2 sheet asap. Does anyone have any updates as to how they are doing since using the 1/2 sheet? Which brand or company they recommend? Would it be sufficient with the 1/2 sheet or do I really need the mat also??? Grateful Girl, if you are reading how are you doing? Love your updates! Thank you all!!

Anonymous
    Participant

Can anyone comment??? I got the earthing mat and have been using it during the day some and also sleeping with it. I have done this for at least a week now and so far it has not helped at all with my waking in the middle of the night. In fact, I seem to be sleeping even less than before putting the mat under me??? Anyone else have this experience???

I bought this hoping it would help :(.

Thanks for any and all replies!!!

vera
    Participant

Hi, I don’t use the 1/2 sheet (wish I could afford one!) but I have been using the mat to sleep with for a couple months now or so. I still wake very often as usual, but I’m actually sleeping very deeply between waking up – and I seem to fall asleep much much faster after waking. My waking up is due among other things, to pain which causes me to flip sides, and interstitial cystitis (frequent urination).

Prior to this mat, I didn’t not sleep deeply, it was more surface-like sleep. This mat (and 4 mgs melatonin but not melatonin alone) allows me to sleep very deeply and soundly. I do wish I could sleep the whole night through!! However, from reading (I think Sherry Rogers) it is better for people like me to wake and move, otherwise the morning pain will be horrible.

When I first began using the mat I’d say for a week or more I didn’t sleep very well. From what I’ve read, your body may actually detox, and some people can only sleep with the mat for an hour or so and must gradually build up to the whole night. They must be waking up as well. I kept telling myself, it’s better to be grounded and not holding the harmful emf’s or whatever it’s called, so I just stuck with it. Would love to try a sheet. As the mat gets more used it is getting less firm, and wrinkles and moves under my feet when I flip over.

See if you notice HOW you sleep when you’re sleeping. Hope it will work out for you!

Lori

Anonymous
    Participant

Thanks Lori,

I am not giving up on it for sure. I never thought about perhaps detoxing in the beginning. Actually that would be a good thing. I also would really like to have the sheet but it is so pricy. So for now hoping this mat will work. I have to say that for the past two days I have also had the most crushing fatigue in spurts throughout the day and that is not usual for me. Maybe this is also part of detoxing?

It can all be so confusing sometimes…

vera
    Participant

I know it’s so confusing isn’t it! You wish your body would put out a memo about what is going on – ha!

I think it most certainly could be detox (your fatigue). Hope you can put up with the symptoms and report down the road that things are better! I do wish that I could sleep all night without waking so often. But, I am just so terribly thankful each night that finally when I AM asleep it’s now always sound sleep. I have noticed that once in awhile I feel utterly refreshed and ready to get up in the morning. Most of the time I feel like I could use more hours sleep. 🙄 But you couldn’t give me enough money to take my earthing mat away.

Lori

gratefulgirl
    Participant

Hi Robert & Lori! sorry I missed your posts. I will respond quickly since I’m on my way to work. Robert, I go everywhere with some sort of earthing product. A couple of things have made my bumps and pain and overall RA go AWAY. #1 is mitigation of electromagnetic fields such as wifi, cordless phones and flourescent bulbs. #2 and certainly of no less importance is my Earthing. I LOVE my sheets and throw. I also sleep with the pillow cases. At the end of the day, while watching TV and blogging, I Earth while wearing the orange bands on my ankles and wrists. Of course one can earth for free, but it’s winter here, so standing barefoot on the sand or grass is a no go!

So Robert, to answer your question, I LOVE my earthing sheets. Oh I also use the pad for standing on, it’s great for placing wrists on while at the keyboard or laptop, since it eradicates EMFs or any voltage in your body by grounding. I’ve tested this w/ my voltmeter and seen 10 volts in my body go down to zero while standing next to flourescent bulbs. Hope this helps!

I purchased my Earthing products at Earthing.com. Type in “share10” for a 10% discount.

Be well & let love & light be your friends! GG

BonnieG
    Participant

Not sure how I missed this post. My AP doc has been telling me to get an earthing pad since day one, He bought every member of his family one for Christmas and they all feel better. He’s a believer:). I need to order one.

vera
    Participant

Bonnie,

I’ve been using an earthing pad in my bed (next to my bare feet), and no longer dread going to sleep. The quality of my sleep is amazing compared to what it was before. I still wake often due to physical problems, but am able to get back to sleep quickly. It is the deep sleep that I always missed that the earthing pad allows me to get now. I have a sleep number bed and because of the remote and the motor (to pump up the bed) at my head, there is an electrical field there.

It took a little getting used to keeping my feet on the pad, but now it’s actually a comfort (mental I know!). I hope you enjoy the same amazing benefits!

Lori

gratefulgirl
    Participant

Lori & Bonnie, when I travel, I take my earthing pad & use it as Lori does. It isn’t uncomfortable at all and warms up quickly. I know it brings down any stray voltage in our bodies, since I tested using a voltmeter. When I stood next to flourescent bulbs I registered 10 Volts and when I stepped onto or touched the pad I went down to 0 Volts. So Lori, that will definitely help w/ the sleep # EMFs.

Bonnie, was your AP doc an alternative or naturopath or a typical rheumatologist open to AP? I’m fascinated to hear that he has his family using Earthing products!

To your health! GG

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.