Home Forums General Discussion Earthing reduces inflammation can help autoimmune/ Rheumatic

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

@Krys wrote:

A Friend,
    I got my small pad from David Wolfe. I listened to his talk on some Longevity Summit, or something like that, and one could buy afterwards the featured products.
    I’ve just checked his website and also Amazon, and I see that the products they are selling are the same product that Jill gave a link to. Same price, too. Amazon sells the small mat (I don’t remember if it is the same product – I can’t recall the look of the package, mine says “earthing connection” on the cover sheet) for $71.99 and I believe that is the price I paid for mine. No shipping charge for small mat on Amazon.
    Small pad is slightly cheaper ($59.99) at David Wolfe’s web-site, but you do pay for shipping, so maybe it’s really the same price?:
    http://www.longevitywarehouse.com/Earthing-Connection-Universal-Mat-p/universalearthingmat.htm
    http://www.longevitywarehouse.com/category-s/43.htm
    I’ve had mine plugged in non-stop since I bought it. It is still working, still too strong for me.
    One can buy flip flops with a grounder inside the sole both at David’s and at Amazon. But read the reviews first. I don’t think I’d like them.
    Warm wishes, Krys

@cavalier wrote:

AF – not Krys but the company I posted does have pads you can attach like the TENS units do to your feet etc. They included them in with my 1/2 sheet order.

Jill

Girls,
    Thanks to both of you for the above information. I was also thinking about the 1/2 sheet after reading there was one, but not after reading one testimonial saying it had not lasted very long. Am thinking (but as yet not sure I have a “grasp” of which one I would enjoying using more, and best get needed benefits from. So, right now, probably will be getting the pad or the TENS unit for the feet. Thanks to both of you and others who teach us “new tricks”…. and to Dr. Stephen Sinatra for his work related to the heart and everything else — also noticed he is a very active player in the ACIM. With influence of that organization with doctors like him and the others, am hoping that more and more of our physicians and other healthcare professionals will get onboard learning about what is best in mainstream and in integrative/natural medicine for the patients . Enough already of trying to force only pharmaceuticals on patients! [Off my soapbox…. for a minute anyway!]
    AF

A Friend
    Participant

WARNING FROM DR MERCOLA’S GROUNDING ARTICLE:

Was just re-reading some of the article in Dr. Mercola’s newsletter about grounding, and thought this warning needed to be in this thread on this topic. Have copied and am pasting this warning — I just KNOW Dr. Sinatra and Dr. Mercola would want us to put this here… lol πŸ’‘ πŸ˜›

Contraindications and Other Warnings

While walking barefoot is clearly one of the most natural things you can possibly do to improve your health, there are still some contraindications and situations in which you may want to use caution.

“I don’t like people to ground when they’re taking Coumadin,” Dr. Sinatra warns. “It’s a relative contraindication because we have had people ground, taking Coumadin at the same time, and their blood became like water. It was like red wine and then it got really thin. That could be dangerous. If you have high blood pressure, [or]… if you had a stroke and you have thin blood, it’s a disaster. We basically tell people that if you’re on Coumadin, you must work with your doctor, because your doctor’s going to have to reduce the Coumadin.”

Depending on your health status and toxic load, your health may also get worse before it gets better when you start grounding on a regular basis. This is a classic detox reaction, which you may also experience with other detox methods.

“Some patients with polyneuropathy would get worsening of their limb pain on grounding, and some would get better. I want to make that clear that grounding is not a panacea,” Dr. Sinatra says. “But what I’ve learned with grounding is that the sicker you are, the more you need to ground.”

cavalier
    Participant

Also there ca- be viruses & parasites i- the grou-d so somethi-g to also co-sider. But good i-fo AF!
    I wo-der if Heparin would also be the same too much ? Could be for those who may use this too.

I have pets & I do k-ow mi-e have gotte- coccidia before so from be-i-g outside & we have had a mild case of Parvo here too & I was the o-e who got the parvo to be-gi- with huma- versio-. My doc said while it’s a bit differe-t he has see- cases of parvo i- dogs & the huma-s getti-g a case of their versio- at the same time before.

There is leather soled shoes for those who wish to grou-d outside more ofte- that does -ot i-terfere with the grou-d like rubber or plastic soles do & afford some protection. Oh I got a defu-ct letter.
    Sorry I guess time to get this o-e PC i- or buy a -ew o-e.
    typi-g is a challe-ge – i copy & paste whe- I ca- but … a lot of time to do so.
    Jill

Krys
    Participant

@cavalier wrote:

Also there can be viruses & parasites in the ground so something to also consider.

There is leather soled shoes for those who wish to ground outside more often that does not interfere with the ground like rubber or plastic soles do & afford some protection.
    Jill

Good to remember that one can catch parasites from walking bare-footed! People with chronic illnesses would be more prone than healthy individuals. Well sunbathed earth or beach would be safer than shaded, moist ground.
    Placing bare feet on cement will ground, too!

AF, good warning info about dangers of thinning the blood too much while combining Coumadin and grounding! Thanks!
    Krys

gratefulgirl
    Participant

I’m fascinated by this topic. Thanks for posting. I sat with my toes in the sand for an hour at the beach today! My neighbors never see me on the beach, but today I shocked them by planting my beach chair between theirs. Then I told them why they should keep their toes in the sand, too πŸ˜€

cavalier
    Participant

Sand is wonderful also walking in the salt water as it comes up to the beach, if one is fortunate to do so.

Best – Jill

gratefulgirl
    Participant

Hello everyone, I received my starter kit from Earth.com that includes the Universal Mat (very portable) which I use when putting my makeup on in am, when sitting on the couch watching TV & when making jewelry in my shop. People have caught me barefoot in my shop this week — oop πŸ˜†

Instructions are clear and simple and it’s just a matter of going through the many items that come in the kit one at a time.

I love the half sheet which I use the length of my side of the bed. Sleep has never come so fast! I don’t feel any untoward effects. I DO feel immediate relief when I place an aching joint directly on the sheet — wow!

I’ve only used the products two days and am feeling tremendous relief. Have not needed to use my Nyloxin gel (which I was using every 3- 4 hours0 since starting earthing, but have continued using the most concentrated spray every for hours (3 squirts in the mouth). Still never a need for NSAIDs!

I am so excited about the results that I will pass along my half sheet to my hubby’s side of the bed when I receive the Recovery Bag which is a sleeping bag.

The cost is well worth it since I am getting more moments of feeling that RA is not in my body. I didn’t realize that the Earthing book came with the kit, so was pleasantly surprised to find it there. It is wonderfully informative. I feel the same as when I first found Roadback.com — that this is a treasure everyone can benefit from! If you have a chance read the many articles on-line, too.

Peace & Blessings, GG

gratefulgirl
    Participant

Here’s an update on my Earthing experience. It’s been 2 weeks since I started using the half sheet while sleeping.

Sleeping: So many have shared that sleep is much improved and dreams are vivid — I wholeheartedly agree. I used to never remember my dreams, but now I have many and some in technicolor, so much so that I can point out the colors as if from a decorator’s palette. And where it used to take some time to fall asleep, it’s like magic. I go into deep, relaxed breathing and I’m asleep within a couple of minutes.

Caution: I also read that some with RA have needed to take Earthing slowly. I felt this way after a week. As with AP therapy, more is not necessarily better since herxing can rear its ugly but necessary head. I was going to get the sleeping or Recovery bag, but now know that that would be asking for too much too soon.

I’m excited to add something to my arsenal against RA, AP therapy being the #1 priority, and Earthing as a way to keep inflammation at bay. Two sites w/ lots of good info are http://www.earthing.com and http://www.earthinginstitute.com.

Sweet dreams and health to you! GG

vera
    Participant

Thanks GG for the update and so glad you are having such good results!

I am still pondering the purchase of the half sheet and the mat. It would be a much easier decision if it weren’t the reviews I’ve read about them wearing out after several months or so. I hope you will let us know how long yours last!

Best,

Lori

gratefulgirl
    Participant

Hi Lori, will do. FYI, the construction is high quality and the feeling is no different from any other sheet. They also provide a ground port checker so you know that the plug is indeed grounded. I used it when vacationing and traveling to different B&B’s this last week, both in USA & Canada. I’ve not seen the reviews detailing shoddy construction, but will continue to report on how my sheet holds up, especially after it is washed (which is recommended twice a month) πŸ™‚

All the best! GG

cavalier
    Participant

They’ve come out now with a earthing pillow case. I got a eml about this earlier this week.
    Just FYI –
    Jill

gratefulgirl
    Participant

Hi Jill, thanks for the FYI. I purchased one as soon as I saw the email & expect it to arrive any day now. My skeptical hubby now sleeps on his own 1/2 sheet and the results are starting to grab his attention. His psoriasis is starting to diminish or pink up where once his heels were dry & scaly — ew, they are getting softer. And his snoring is almost nil!!!!

I also have been using the earthing stretch bands which also work! I’m pretty laughable though, what with cords connecting me to an outlet whenever possible. I also think that EMF’s are eradicated with this technology and from what I’ve read from one testimonial where a once athletic guy went from vital to wasting away with no MD able to diagnose him. Turns out he was sensitive to EMFs and once he started Earthing, his recovery was remarkable. When I lay on my sheets and feel the sudden sense of relaxation I can’t help but think that the EMF’s from anything to wi-fi, cell towers & digital tv is eradicated and my body is thanking me by going into a deep sleep.

Side benefits: undereye circles going away after decades, complexion is truly clearing up.

Downs/ Ups: still herxing, but when pay attention to need for Magnesium Taurate q 5 hrs at 125 mg, Nyloxin spray extra strength 5 sprays q 3 hrs, LDN 4.5 mg nightly — I do pretty well. The moment I let any of those lapse, I pay! Am needing to use less of the Nyloxin gel, but love having it handy prn.

Feeling great and grateful to have Roadback steer me in these supportive directions for w/o you I would not have discovered AP therapy & Earthing & all the other adjuctive things that have helped! My lab work is great — RF still normal, but still a ways to go — in the right direction. Have needed NO NSAIDs since February!

Grateful for all of you who I count as my extended family! GG

gratefulgirl
    Participant

Gotta shout out to Jill for taking the time to share her post that got me started on Earthing! Can’t thank you enough!!!! GG πŸ˜€

vera
    Participant

GG,

Thanks so much for keeping us informed about how the earthing is going! I am going to jump into it one of these days. The only thing hindering me is the cost and trying to reconcile it with my lowly little budget πŸ™„ Between huge drug co-pays for minocin and LDN, supplements, etc, it’s a juggling act.

Please do keep us posted about the improvements you experience, or anything else, and thank you! πŸ˜€

Best!

Lori

gratefulgirl
    Participant

Hi Lori, I’m glad to share any progress! I think the starter kit is probably the best buy since it includes both the universal mat & 1/2 sheet. Here’s a demo showing emfs being measured and eradicated with the sheets. There is a toddler scurrying about, but it’s a good demo. I will be buying a voltmeter to do some measuring myself.

http://youtu.be/qSjdGpdfcpE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSjdGpdfcpE
    To your health πŸ˜€ ! GG

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.