Home Forums General Discussion Earthing reduces inflammation can help autoimmune/ Rheumatic

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    cavalier
    Participant
    Trudi
    Participant

Hi Jill–
    As I was watching the video, I thought this is fantastic information. After reading some of the comments, I’m not as sure because people who have knowledge of how electricity works were not in agreement. However, I must say that in my “healthy” days I pretty much always walked around outside barefooted. As soon as the weather warms up I will have to sit outside with my feet planted firmly on the ground :).

Thanks for posting this,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

cavalier
    Participant

Trudi & et al – Dr Mercola has his thoughts & interviews about this subject – he too at 1st was not sure due to EMF’s & dirty electricity as he called it. However he changed his mind on this after discussing with the doc who invented the electric grounding pads & sheets. If you do a search I am sure you can find it, I dont have them open right now but I did listen to those & read thru his info too.

They say to do this while the dew is still on the ground is the best way – but for some of us either that is too cold or too hot to do this regularly, and the increased use of cells PC’s etc – is why we need this even more.

Best – Jill

cavalier
    Participant

Trudi & et al – I found this interesting from the Cardio doc – putting only a portion of his info below – but it indicates it would take 2 hr’s to get the full benefits – which is why the device to sleep on would come in handy for me as a practical standpoint for daily. However if you have 2 hr’s to put in outside without rubber or plastic shoes is a plus.

http://www.heartmdinstitute.com/v1/heart-healthy-lifestyles/alternative-healing/grounding-earthing/grounding-healthy-heart-

Blood Viscosity (Zeta Potential)

One of the most profound effects researchers have observed in people who ground is thinner blood, or reduced blood viscosity. Thin blood circulates faster to deliver oxygen and nutrients to cells all over the body, as well as remove toxins from them. Thick, sticky blood, on the other hand, tends to clot, which places people at greater risk of cardiovascular events. Blood may thicken due to advancing age, smoking, and conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes/metabolic syndrome, or hyperlipidemia. Cholesterol also can play a role in blood viscosity: elevated LDL levels contribute to viscous blood, while higher HDL levels are associated with thinner blood.

On a cellular level, blood becomes thicker when red blood cells clump together, or aggregate. Cells stick together when they lack enough negative surface charge with which to repel each other.
    Zeta potential describes the relative surface charge of red blood cells. Increased zeta potential indicates thinner blood and greater negative charge of red blood cells. As electrons are negatively charged, absorbing them by Earthing may increase the negative surface charge of our red blood cells, and thus decrease blood viscosity and increase zeta potential.

In a recent pilot study2 on zeta potential, researchers sampled blood from 10 healthy subjects before and after 2 hours of grounding with an Earthing device. They then examined the relative movement of red blood cells using a video camera that had been mounted on a dark-field microscope, and found that Earthing lowers blood viscosity and improves blood flow.

The pictures above show a person

jims
    Participant

Hello everyone. I have been on an Earthing sheet that my doctor(gave it to me in exchange for the blood tests, his wife and himself very active in grounding) me about six(maybe longer) months ago. Twice in the last 6 months I have left home for several days and slept without the sheet, each time I feel stiffer, especially in my neck. He tested my CRP before the sheet and after 90 days. I went from 4.87 to 1.7. After reading the book and everything i could find I concluded the most tangible benefit would probably be blood thinning. ( Which I guess I need because I have had a couple times in the past blood stop mid-draw.) About a month I have added the Natto bean, and one Wild Salmon oil cap(with meal). He asked me to augment by getting my feet in the dirt 30 minutes a day which I’ve not been successful at. Sometimes I get a weird feeling thinking about a lightning storm while on the sheet…Other than that I haven’t really felt anything while on the sheet. jims

cavalier
    Participant

Jim – great info! yep this is what they claim is you have less sticky blood – which for many lyme or SD patients we have as well as other Rheumatic diseases can. i am hoping it can help my high anticardiolipin marker & some other inflammatory markers.

The thought of the lighting on the sheet – thanks for that great thought. i have a lighting protector on my main panel & it runs to the ground. i am hoping it will do it’s job & not get fried.
    Interesting your doc gave you one to try – obviously he or she is open to the idea.

thanks for sharing this.

Jill SD, lyme & Cpn & Candida on the wane

cavalier
    Participant

Forgot to say i loved reading of your CRP levels dropping!

Jill SD, lyme & CPn

A Friend
    Participant

Not sure how I missed this existing General Discussion topic. I’ve just come here on a Sunday afternoon, 08/04/2013, to paste a link to a very intrigueing video/interview between Dr. Mercola and Dr. Stephen Sinatra — and after doing a search first to see if anything showed up about “earthing”, I found this topic has been here since April of 2013. [Thank you to Jill…the “cutting edge” person who posted this!]

Dr. Sinatra has long been a heroe of mine, and I’ve appreciated the dedicated work of Dr. Mercola for a number of years in helping to educate us. When asked several years ago by a close friend if I had a favorite cardiologist online, I gave her Dr. Sinatra’s site. It was amazing what she told me a year later, and even more amazing what she told me after two years of her husband’s following Dr. SS’s heart protocols. She hadn’t told me about that.

The video/link below is a bit lengthy, so suggest your finding a time to watch it when you have 35 or 40 minutes to spare. The science sounds simple but profound and amazing — truths that I’ve only previously heard a word or two about, and hadn’t read enough about it to understand it. This is video is from Dr. Mercola’s newsletter today:

[Before or after you watch the video of Dr. Mercola and Dr. Stephen Sinatra in the link below, you may want to check out Dr. Stephen Sinatra

Krys
    Participant

I bought a small earthing pad 2,5 years ago. It is definitely working. One can immediately feel the energy movement through the body and pulling of the energy. I can’t say if I feel it pulled in or out. For me it is too intense: it feels almost painful. If I could regulate the flow, I would put it at 1/3 of the present setting. In the beginning I tried to keep it in my bed at feet level, but it made sleeping difficult. So I keep it on my computer chair: sometimes sitting on it, mostly hanging it on the back of the chair (not too smart: I rarely lean against it).
    I’m very happy the thread got resurrected. Thank you!!! I need much extra help with inflammation now. I’ll start wrapping it around various joints now. Thanks!!!
    Krys

vera
    Participant

Thank you for this post! I’ve been considering getting an earthing pad but wasn’t sure if they really worked, or what brand to get, etc. I live in Minnesota and unless I leave my house to try and find a beach, there is little place to go barefoot! My husband sprays our weeds with chemicals, so walking in the yard is out. 🙁

Can I ask what brand you got, the size, etc?

Thanks!

Lori

cavalier
    Participant

Lori – this is the company I got mine from – http://www.earthing.com
    I opened the box but it was a bit overwhelming with a thick book etc – I still need to find the time to devote to using this – as I have to read the instructions. I should get this done if it helps to lower inflammation. I met a guy who told me he swears by his.

There are several articles about this on the web to read.

best – Jill

vera
    Participant

Hi Jill, and thanks for the link. I’ve been trying to decide whether or not to order this. Am pretty convinced it works, especially since Drs. Mercola and Sinatra recommend it. Have read reviews about the product durability that concerned me, but perhaps it is worth the risk. Would really love the sheet to sleep on!

Once you get yours together – yes, I can imagine the instructions need a PhD to decipher!! – hope you will let us know what you think about it.

Best,

Lori

A Friend
    Participant

@Krys wrote:

I bought a small earthing pad 2,5 years ago. It is definitely working. One can immediately feel the energy movement through the body and pulling of the energy. I can’t say if I feel it pulled in or out. For me it is too intense: it feels almost painful. If I could regulate the flow, I would put it at 1/3 of the present setting. In the beginning I tried to keep it in my bed at feet level, but it made sleeping difficult. So I keep it on my computer chair: sometimes sitting on it, mostly hanging it on the back of the chair (not too smart: I rarely lean against it).
    I’m very happy the thread got resurrected. Thank you!!! I need much extra help with inflammation now. I’ll start wrapping it around various joints now. Thanks!!!
    Krys

Krys,
    Thanks for your words above. Could you PM me the place and other ordering information about the small pad you have? Also, I’m wondering if it is possible to get pads to “wear in our shoes” for certain periods of time? Street surfaces where I live and walk I don’t believe will afford me any benefits of earthing; so, I need to find “another way” to get these benefits. Wish I had a nearby beach.
    Thanks for any help,
    AF

cavalier
    Participant

AF – not Krys but the company I posted does have pads you can attach like the TENS units do to your feet etc. They included them in with my 1/2 sheet order.

Jill

Krys
    Participant

A Friend,
    I got my small pad from David Wolfe. I listened to his talk on some Longevity Summit, or something like that, and one could buy afterwards the featured products.
    I’ve just checked his website and also Amazon, and I see that the products they are selling are the same product that Jill gave a link to. Same price, too. Amazon sells the small mat (I don’t remember if it is the same product – I can’t recall the look of the package, mine says “earthing connection” on the cover sheet) for $71.99 and I believe that is the price I paid for mine. No shipping charge for small mat on Amazon.
    Small pad is slightly cheaper ($59.99) at David Wolfe’s web-site, but you do pay for shipping, so maybe it’s really the same price?:
    http://www.longevitywarehouse.com/Earthing-Connection-Universal-Mat-p/universalearthingmat.htm
    http://www.longevitywarehouse.com/category-s/43.htm
    I’ve had mine plugged in non-stop since I bought it. It is still working, still too strong for me.
    One can buy flip flops with a grounder inside the sole both at David’s and at Amazon. But read the reviews first. I don’t think I’d like them.
    Warm wishes, Krys

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.