Home Forums General Discussion Antibiotic formula changed???

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    PhilC
    Participant

@RevereRosie wrote:

I was told by the pharmacist that they are a gray and white capsule. My main concern is that the ingredients do not contain a red dye. I’m allergic to a lot of dye coloring. Why do they have to put color in the pills in the first place knowing people have adverse reactions to them. Makes no sense to me.

Ranbaxy mino (the kind made in the U.S.) contains no synthetic dyes. By the way, you’ll probably want to stay clear of Teva mino — the 100 mg capsules are pink and dark red. I might also be allergic to one or more dyes. My mother is allergic to the red dye used in Benadryl, and Teva mino seemed to make my throat swell a little.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

RevereRosie
    Participant

Phil,

Thank you for your input. It means a lot. Sometimes, the inside of the capsule where the ingredients are is the culprit and one that we cannot see. But, a good pharamicist can be able to tell you the contents. I want to call this new pharmacy again tomorrow to discuss before they refill a 3 month supply.

I don’t want to have to go thru this every three months! It raises my blood pressure. I hate generics for this reason but unfortunately I cannot afford the original drug.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Rosie,

See:
    FYI: Minocycline generics sold in the USA

Click on the links that interest you and you can see for yourself what is in the different generics.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.