Home Forums General Discussion Antibiotic formula changed???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    sandratl
    Participant

I got a refill on my generic Watson minocycline capsules but noticed I

richie
    Participant

Hi I dont know about others but the brand minocin is still the same —
    richie

sandratl
    Participant

Richie, Thank you very much for that information. It is very helpful to me.

PhilC
    Participant

I wonder if Watson mino is still deserving of the good reputation that it seems to have on here. I say that because it has been at least a few years since Watson mino was made in the U.S. — Watson minocycline is made in India now.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

richie
    Participant

Very possible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    richie

PhilC
    Participant

Here’s a picture of the label for a bottle of Watson mino:
    Watson minocycline, 100 mg capsules (label)

Phil

- Albert Einstein

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

A CVS pharmacist told me Teva is now manufactured in India also. Does anyone know if this is true?

richie
    Participant

Hi–No –they have no presence in India –HQ is Israel –largest facilities are the US -others are South America and Europe –
    richie

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Richie- Thanks. Bad on CVS.

I called Teva and the minocycline is manufactured in Israel.
    Jan

vinny
    Participant

Both Teva and Watson capsules stopped working for me. I am now having good luck with tablets from India. I think the problem is the powder filled capsules. I think the tablets work more like the pellet filled Minocin and the powder filled capsules just pass through the gut and are ineffective.
    vinny

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Vinny,
    @vinny wrote:

I am now having good luck with tablets from India.

Who makes them? Are those the Ranbaxy tablets that you wrote about previously?

Phil

- Albert Einstein

vinny
    Participant

I use Humana’s Right Source Pharmacy and you have to take whatever they decide to ship. Previous shipment was Ranbaxy and they have worked well. The shipment I just got is made by Par. I start on them next week and it is a 90 day supply.
    vinny

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Richie- Small pharmacies are good. I’ve also found state university hospital outpatient pharmacies good. They carry Teva.

Jan

richie
    Participant

Hi Humana Right Source is a mail order pharmacy –they try to make you think that you can only use them –this is false you can use any pharmacist who deals with Humana and they all do —this is how these mega cos. deceive the public –for example Silver Script handles my meds for my carrier –they would have you believe you must use CareMark –they are both divisions of CVS— I use a small local pharmacist who has Silver Script –its all the same cost and I just want the better service —
    richie

Ariel
    Participant

My husband went to pick up my Minocycline at Walgreens and was told that they’ve switched manufacturers and now instead of TEVA, it’s Aurobindo. They are from India and just had an FDA ban lifted on them! I’m going to check into changing my prescription to somewhere else.

http://www.fiercepharmamanufacturing.com/story/fda-lifts-ban-some-aurobindo-antibiotics/2013-03-28

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.