Home Forums General Discussion Would AP work for her?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    prix560
    Participant

I bet some AP would work for her what do you think CherylF.  I am betting this young girl and her family have never even heard of AP, but they are willing to try all sorts of expensive sounding “treatments”. 

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,396001,00.html

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

This is incredibally sad!  It should never be allowed to go this far without AP being offered. 

Thanks for sharing.

Cheryl

richie
    Participant

Hi
    Second that –it is terribly sad because the strong possibility exists that an antibiotic protocol can help her –it cant be any worse than what she has taken up to this point !!!!!!!!!!!
    richie

GlitterGirl
    Participant

Is there a way we could get a message to her mum and dad??  Or to fox??  I tried on facebook, so I left a message, but it goes onto the fox's facebook account of the story, maybe it will help.  Hope all is well with everybody!

GlitterGirl

Joe M
    Participant

I found another story about her on the Scottish Sun, where I was able to sign up and leave a message.  It said my message is “being reviewed”.  Hopefully they will post it and someone in her family will read it.  I also sent an email to the paper, to tell the reporter to relay my message to Hope.  This seems to be the source article, since the story had a by-line and a nice picture of Hope.   Here is the link:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/article1487745.ece

Here was my post, if they get more like it they may be more apt to print them or get the message to her:

Hello Hope,
    Please check out http://www.roadback.org.  On this website you will learn about a treatment for scleroderma that has worked for thousands of patients around the world. This treatment is safe and effective.  It is safer than the methotrexate you are probably now taking.  Please, don't take my word for it, please check the website.  People on this website's bulletin board know about your story and will do anything in their power to help you.  Sincerely, Joe

superperroRA
    Participant

Hope Barrie is 11 years old.
    She lives in the town of Tarbolton, which is quite small (according to wikipedia, Tarbolton only has one school, one church, and 3 pubs).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarbolton
    I believe this must be one of her teachers:
    http://www.south-ayrshire.gov.uk/schools/tarboltonprimary/index.htm

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

What a kind soul you are. 😀  I added a little note under yours with the Woman's Day article.

Peace, Maz

GlitterGirl
    Participant

Hi Joe,

Great work, I did the same thing also, so hopefully the two of us will get a message to her, my message of course said please about five times, please look at the road back, please….please….on and on, lol!!!  I even went as far to get the listing of all B Barries in the scottish neighborhood of…I was going to start calling them tomorrow, about 8 numbers in total, I reckon there all related, so, I thought the worse that would happen is that we got the word out, and well, let it takes it's course from there, I think I'm still going to do it, I'll let you know how it goes, please do the same with your link.  Thanks for trying, I was frantic!!  Great work!!  Take care, and Hi Maz!!!

GlitterGirl

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Joe,

Thank you for finding this for us. I tried to find the 'real' article with the “by” line, but turned up empty. I did something simular to reach a scleroderma patient a few months ago and the writer forwarded my email. So, I believe there is a very good chance that this girl's family will see our messages.

I intend to sEnd the link of 12 year old Zoe and 9 year old Bradley from our testimonials section.

Also, if anyone can give me a me a physical mailing address, I will send a copy of Scleroderma, The Proven Therapy That Can Save Your Life, by Henry Scammell, courtesy of the Road Back Foundation. Even the school, church or some local business would do if we cannot find the family's address.

Cheryl

GlitterGirl
    Participant

Hi Cheryl,

I have been calling the numbers I found and I think I may have found a relative, I gave my number so they can call me back, and I will then explain who we are, and then try and get their address for you, wish me luck,

glittergirl

Maz
    Keymaster

Good going, GlitterGirl! I guess my message wasn't approved by the Sun, as I added a link to the article from the Spring 08 issue of Woman's Day magazine about the woman who reached remission from scleroderma on minocycline…maybe they saw the link as a competitor magazine? 🙁 

You're in my thoughts and really hope you're doing a bit better!

Peace, Maz

Jennhere
    Participant

I hope this family comes to the website.  You guys are such a great help to people out there who don't know about AP.  Really- reaching out to them is the answer to their prayers.  I hope they take the leap of faith needed. 

Jenn

GlitterGirl
    Participant

I have found them in the directory, I am calling them now, I have so far called 12 people, with no luck, but now have them!!!!  Wish me luck.

GlitterGirl

Patti D
    Participant

Wow ! Joe & Glitter girl what compassion!! Way to go BB group! Let's save another one!!!

Patti

GlitterGirl
    Participant

Well, here's the update…After searching high and low, I believe I got the right number for them, I did leave a message, and can only hope that they call, I also called the sun, and explained that I was trying to reach them, and left my email address with them, and on a letter to them also.  So, hopefully something will come of it, I have my fingers and toes crossed, and feel so compelled to do this, I'm scared for her, and know that if only her parents were to find this site, it would all be okay, Like Joes message said, the people on this site would do anything to help you, and isn't it the truth.  Take care all, you are all in my thoughts, and I will let yoiu now if anybody contacts me as soon as they do, it won't be me I want them talking to, hahah, it'll be y'all!!  Love ya's!!

GlitterGirl

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘ Would AP work for her?’ is closed to new replies.