Home Forums General Discussion Wish me luck!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    mschmidt
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I wanted to let you know that I will be out of pocket for the next few days.  I have my one year follow up appointment with Dr. F, and won't be taking my computer with me.  So, all of you will be in my thoughts and prayers, as I travel to sunny California.  I'll be back on the board Wednesday morning.

Maria:D

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Best wishes, safe travel and a good report,

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

Kim
    Participant

I'm sure you'll get a glowing report, Maria. 🙂  It must be very rewarding for a doctor to see that everything is working.  Have a safe trip.

Take care…..kim

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Maria…no doubt you are winging your way to Riverside now, but just sending good vibes your way for your appt and wishing you a safe trip and productive appt! See ya when you get back and fingers and toes duly crossed for progress updates!

Peace, Maz

Roz
    Participant

Hey Maria,

You brought the sun with you, to S. Calif. believe me it's been cloudy, with tons of rain.

Please let me know next time you come, if you want I could take you to lunch you are such an inspiration to us.

I live in Temecula, it's between Riverside and San Diego.

Hugs, Roz

saralester
    Participant

good luck i cant wait to see him in 4 weeks!!! update us when you get back!

JBJBJB
    Participant

Maria,

Have a great trip to CA. Make sure don't bring any Chicago snow over to Riverside :>) Wish you the best and a lot of smiles!!!

I will be traveling to Missouri on Wednesday. I will be thinking of you!

JB:cool:

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Thinking of you Maria – you have a lot of well wishes travelling with you. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Kim
    Participant

JB,

We'll be anxious to hear how your trip goes to Missouri.

kim

sjess
    Participant

Good luck Maria! Will be looking forward to hearing how your appt. goes when you get back.

Enjoy your trip.

Sharon

mschmidt
    Participant

Well, as luck would have it…I spent half the day at O'Hare airport, our flight was overbooked, and I didn't make the first one. (Thanks for getting me up at 4:00 to make the first flight out, Delta Airlines!)  I guess it's Spring Break, and with the terrible weather situation on the East Coast this past weekend, people spent 2 days stuck in the airport, and the priority was to get them home first.  I had 2 choices:  get completely re-routed, and fly stand-by on mostly over-sold flights, or go home and start over.  I chose to go home instead of spend the entire day/night in the air or in the airport.  The earliest I would've gotten to California was 10:00 tonight, flying into LAX (my original destination was Orange County), driving to Riverside, and hoping Dr. F would see me tomorrow.  (I had his last appointment today)  So, long story short, I decided to come home and wave the white flag.  Luckily, Dr. F's office completely understood and re-scheduled me for next Monday instead.  This time, I'm going on Sunday morning, just in case I have travel problems.  It wasn't meant to be this week, despite all your kind and welcome wishes.  Thanks for all the encouragement everyone–you all made me weep on the train ride home.  It's almost a blessing in disguise because I got a call from a doctor about scheduling a necessary procedure that I was going to have done the end of this month.  They had a cancellation for tomorow so, I'm having it done tomorrow afternoon.  Please keep the well wishes coming–I could feel all your positive energy today, and it kept me calm and relaxed instead of frantic and upset about my trip:)

Roz,

I'm coming your way Sunday so, I would LOVE to get together with you, if you have time.  I'll be staying somewhere in Orange County–most likely in Costa Mesa or Irvine.  My appointment is Monday morning at 10:30.

Maria

sjess
    Participant

Hi Maria,

So sorry you weren't able to make your appointment. That's fantastic you were able to stay calm. I'm impressed, girl! 😎 I usually come unglued during situations like that. 😯

Wishing you good luck for your appointment next week.

Say, I am going to be seeing my AP doc next Monday too–Dr. S in Ida Grove. My first appt. Hope I make it. This is my third try. The previous 2 attempts were thwarted by ice and blizzard conditions.

Hope things go better for both of us next Monday. 😉

Sharon

Wayne
    Participant

Hey Maria,

Tavel safe and have an awesome trip. Cant wait to see your post when you get back with the good news.

Cheers Wayne

Systemic Sclerosis....rapid onset 2010.
    Started AP January 2011.
    Multiple meds during treatment, including IV Clindamycin every 2 months for 5 days.
    Now.....disease in remission....meds: Mimomycin, Clindamycin IM 3 monthly,
    5 days Azithromycin 6 monthly.
    Very well now....enjoying life.

Kim
    Participant

Sorry you had such a miserable day Maria, but good luck with the procedure today and hopes that your next attempt to go to Calif. will be smooth sailing.

Sharon and JB, we'll be wanting to hear all about your appts too. 🙂

Take care…..kim

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Me too, I want to hear the good news.

Sorry about the weather, hope everything turns out okay today. Never know why you had to change.

Still best wishes for a safe travel and a good report.

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘ Wish me luck!!’ is closed to new replies.