Home Forums General Discussion Wish me luck!!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    nspiker
    Participant

What a bummer…guess everything works out in the end!  This gives you one more week to anticipate all the wonderful feedback from Dr. F. and staff.  :blush:

A Friend
    Participant

[user=977]mschmidt[/user] wrote:

I chose to go home instead of spend the entire day/night in the air or in the airport.  The earliest I would've gotten to California was 10:00 tonight, flying into LAX (my original destination was Orange County), driving to Riverside…..Maria

Maria,

Have you ever flown into Ontario Airport in Riverside?  It is certainly convenient.  After one flight to LA and driving to Riverside on the freeway, I swore never again.  (Just thinking, your reference to Orange County may be the same as Ontario Airport.)  I don't go there for medical treatment, but have cousins there I visit.  Best of luck on your next attempt to get there for an appointment! 

AF

Kash
    Participant

Just for your info –  Ontario airport is another option other than John Wayne.  JW has a time limit on when flights can land at night, so Ontario could be a back up option.

I thought of you so many times and wondered if you were basking in our hot weather.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but the traffic can be a challenge from Irvine to Riverside (and the other way back too).  Leave early and get a cup of coffee somewhere.  Sometimes it can be smooth sailing and other times, a parking lot.

Sorry about your trip, I find that if I just don't fight it, that usually things work out for a reason.

mschmidt
    Participant

I usually do fly into Ontario but, I have a buddy pass, and have to fly standby this trip.  The planes going into LAX and SNA are bigger, and the cities they connect to are larger so, I have a better chance getting on the flight going through those airports.  Since it's Spring Break the next 3 weeks, the flights are booked up so, I have to go into the reservation system for NWA/Delta and see which flights have the most seats available, thus the reason for me leaving on Sunday this time for my Monday appointment. 

The weather has been gorgeous in Chicago–60+ degrees yesterday, and 65 degrees expected for today and tomorrow.  I've been spending a lot of time outdoors, and walking and running along the lake.  Can't wait to get to California to do the same:D  I agree, everything works out exactly the way it's supposed to.  I don't get upset about things like that because there are no coincidences in my life anymore!

Maria

JBJBJB
    Participant

Hope you will have no problem traveling this time. Let us know how everything goes.

Patti D
    Participant

Have a great visit Maria.
    I am sending healing thoughts your way and know your reports will be confirmation of your successful treatment. Yeah!

You too Sharon!!!
    Good luck on your first visit to the good doctor from Iowa. How wonderful you are able to be treated by him.

We look forward to great reports from both of you!

Patti

mschmidt
    Participant

Well, I wish I had good new but, I don't.  My luggage made it out to Orange County but, I did not.  I've re-scheduled AGAIN with Dr. F for April…after Spring break and Easter.  I'm beyond disappointed but, after spending from 5:30 am-2:00 pm at O'Hare yesterday, I just couldn't do it anymore.  Because of our lovely weather Saturday, a lot of flights got cancelled and even though there were 35 seats available on the flight I was going stand by on, all of them were taken by passengers that were re-booked from previous flights.  All the connecting flights were oversold, and I even tried to re-route to LAX but, to no avail.  I'm never flying on a non-revenue ticket again.  My luggage still hasn't made its way back but, I was assured by Delta (:angry:) that it would be here tomorrow. 

I was in a foul mood today, and apologize for not participating too much on the board.  I'm finally calmed down, and need a night to sleep it all off.  Thanks for all the well wishes.  I will get out there after Easter, and I will extend my trip to make up for the bad luck I've had the last 2 weeks.

Maria

JBJBJB
    Participant

Well, I wish I had good new but, I don't.  My luggage made it out to Orange County but, I did not.  I've re-scheduled AGAIN with Dr. F for April…after Spring break and Easter. Maria

Oh no!!! I feel for you, Maria. I am so sorry.

Hope your luggage will get back to you soon. Thinking about having to drive to O'Hara with such huge disappointment, I would not be able to handle it.

I know what you are saying about overbooking. My little friend got bumped out. He was scheduled to fly from LAX to O'Hara then INDY. He was supposed to get back last night but now he won't be here until tomorrow night. The Limo he was scheduled to take got a major accident by a drunk driver. Nine students were sent to the hospital ER. Now my little friend is counting on his blessings of not being on that Limo… Weird things do happen.

Sending all positive energy to you, Maria! You will make it!

JB

Kim
    Participant

Such a bummer, Maria.  Sorry. :crying:

kim

Peach73
    Participant

sorry Maria…but like you said things happen for a reason!  Hope you get your luggage back safe and sound and then you can concentrate on enjoying the nice spring weather and then your upcoming appointment which WILL happen!  Might be a blessing in disguise not to go there on spring break!   Good luck!

mschmidt
    Participant

My luggage IS on its way back today…finally!!:D  I also found out that my new insurance carrier covers Dr. Franco's visits in-network so, I don't have to worry about that. (it doesn't cover a single doc in Chicago I've seen, who are helping with my treatment, and I have to say goodbye to the wonderful infusion center nurse I've been going to….which means I'm back to home health care:()  Let's just say it's been a long, stressful week thus far, and maybe it's a good thing that I'm NOT travelling, since I have surgery tomorrow.  I was fit to be tied yesterday, and had a meltdown but, today is a new day, the sun is shining, and I'm going to go for a walk to clear my head.  My mom is coming to stay with me tomorrow for a week so, a lot of TLC for my recuperation.:roll-laugh:

There's always a reason things work out the way they do.  Thanks for all of the wonderful support and well wishes.

Maria

Trudi
    Participant

My mom is coming to stay with me tomorrow for a week so, a lot of TLC for my recuperation.:roll-laugh:

Hi Maria–

Will keep you in my prayers, hope all goes well.  Enjoy all that TLC–

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Kim
    Participant

Sending positive vibes your way, Maria, in hopes that all goes smoothly with your surgery.

Take care…..kim

Kash
    Participant

So sorry to hear about your less than pleasant adventures.  Hope all goes well with your surgery and the TLC comforts your soul…..

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘ Wish me luck!!’ is closed to new replies.