Home Forums General Discussion Vitamin D

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Noel
    Participant

Hi Rosey UK,

Nice to see a fellow brit here, you know what I mean.

I?ve done loads of research on this vit 3 thing and for the first time ever I?m stumped for which way to go. I?ve bought a shed load of D3 but don?t know if I should take it or not, so for the moment they?re still in the bottle.

Who is right? Marshall seems convinced and say?s he?s done modelling that show him to be correct. On the other hand I?ve not seen anyone pro vit D, give any kind of evidence to the contrary, modelled or otherwise. I know Marshall is not a medical doctor, but I wouldn?t hold that against him because to be quite honest I don?t have much faith in medical profession at all anyway.

You would think that someone could give us a decisive answer from the professional world wouldn?t you?  :headbang:

P.S. Translation for our American/Canadian friends – Shed load = a lot 😛

Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi Noel

Couldn't believe it myself that you were from UK. Its great!

Well about this vit D lark, I googled Dr Joseph Penergast as one of the listers suggested and he is on video talking about vit D he says it saves peoples lives. Also Dr mercola he use to be on the side of Marshall but since researched all over the world and now says marshall is wrong and he too has a video of himself talking in depth about the importance of vit D. I don't have the exact link but if you go to http://www.mercola.com and look for Vit D information. Both these docs will convince you, they have me.

Why don't you just try  them and see if they make a difference they won't kill you our levels must be very low here! I am just as soon as I get to the shops.

Keep intouch

Rosey :roll-laugh:

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Noel – this is something that mercola has just released in terms of why he doesnt recommend Marshall Protocol and disagrees with Marshall's vitamin D stance. Worth reading, then make your own judgment. Lynnie

http://blogs.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/03/14/clearing-up-confusion-on-vitamin-d–why-i-dont-recommend-the-marshall-protocol.aspx

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi All;
        Just thought I would pass this along.Things get more and more confusing and I am beginning to feel like Alice down the rabbit hole. http://www.emaxhealth.com/1035/83/29145/vitamin-d-deficiency-ms-what-genetic-link-means.html

Noel
    Participant

Hi Rosey, lynnie and Lynne,

Yep done all those links already. Truth is I?ve probably done every link there is and I?m still none the wiser. I would say given what?s at stake, it?s fairly crucial to know who is right.

I?m sure you?ve all done this one but just in case have a look at this http://bacteriality.com/2007/09/15/vitamind/

spacehoppa
    Participant

I agree it's almost impossible to know who is right, but I think there may be a middle way of sorts.

For instance, even Prof Marshall believes that vit D is good for you – with the caveat – as long as you don't have a th1 (autoimmune) disease. In which case, the mycoplasma use the vit D to help them evade our immune system's defences and proliferate.

So vit D is good for you, in terms of its role in the body. When it's not being stolen by mycoplasma, it's doing lots of essential things in the body, switching genes on and off in good, important ways.

Now, for me currently I'm taking steroids (prednisolone) at levels which are immune suppressing. So I'm actively suppressing my immune system with these drugs. From my perspective, I'm mainly immune suppressing currently, and will focus on bug killing later when I get back on the minocin. Given that this is the case, I am taking vitamin D and enjoying the benefits. It's made me feel happy all winter long, which is a big benefit for me, and I also had a wonderful pregnancy (in comparison with my first one) and have felt very good indeed since giving birth, again in sharp contrast with how I felt after my first pregnancy.

So, so far I see the benefits outweighing the risks. I have had RA for 20 years now and have been on steroids constantly for 4 years now. So I have no doubt grown a huge population of bacteria / mycoplasma. At the moment, I'm just concentrating on feeling well enough to look after my children. We have to make tough decisions and at the moment I'd rather breastfeed my son and feel well than take minocin, bottlefeed and herx.

Many of the things we take are anti-inflammatory. Unless you white knuckle it like Maz and avoid all immune suppressants, many of the drugs we take have an anti-inflammatory effect, even MSM and omega 3 oil. I see vitamin D as being in this stable of supplements – good for the body, but good for the mycoplasma too.

At the moment vitamin D makes sense for me. It also seems to have a huge effect on making me less susceptible to colds and illnesses, which with a baby and a toddler and immune suppression is a big consideration.

I don't think vitamin D is bad, but it may make the AP road back take longer than it would otherwise, or be less effective. It's tough to know for sure though.

Trudi
    Participant

Hi Ruth–

Your Vitamin D summary makes a whole lot of sense.

Glad to hear you are feeling so well and enjoying your children.

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

jaminhealth
    Participant

Ruth, I read your post and your decision to do what you are doing for you and your children.  

It's pretty ironic, I say, that in the LifeExtension monthly magaine I receive each month (rec'd it yesterday)  the front cover had the following:

Low Vitamin D Linked To Autism.   It's becoming  more apparent that Vit D deficiency is linked to so many illnesses/dis-eases. 

LifeExtension Foundation (LEF) are on the leading edge of the supplement world.

They have published pages upon pages on this Deficiency.   And even sent a strong letter to our President last year re: this major deficiency.  I don't think anything has come out of the mouth's of the politicians thou. 

I go back and watch/listen to the YouTube video by Dr. Cannell mentioned at the beginning of this post.  It's excellent and I've shared it with MANY.

THen on the same front cover of the LEF magazine it's mentioned:

“Dietary Supplements Under NEW Attack!  What is the Truth?”  

We here in the US have been under attack on our supplements for probably 20 yrs. 

take care and peace to all.   jam 

amigo
    Participant
    It's becoming  more apparent that Vit D deficiency is linked to so many illnesses/dis-eases.

Yes, it is interesting. I don't get it though. Why are we, a generation/society of people taking so much more Vitamin D than previous generations (just look at the nutrients/ingredients list on your food supply + all the D supplements) more often than not being told we're D deficient?

It does not add up. Something is wrong with the D-deficiency theory, in my opinon. The following just makes more sense to me:

http://AutoimmunityResearch.org/transcripts/AR-Albert-VitD.pdf

jaminhealth
    Participant

My thinking on this Vit D  is and I'm 70 is that no one knew how deficient we all were for decades. 

Dr. David Williams in his Alternatives health newsletter has been talking about this deficient for 20+ yrs.  No  one was paying attention.  I sure wasn't.  Living in So. Cal I never thought I'd be deficient and I don't SUN my self like I did in my young life; on weekends.

Millions upon millions are taking drugs for so many health issues and who knows perhaps if everyone's Vit D levels were optimal a lot of these issues would have never surfaced.

None of my aunts and  uncles were sun people..everyone covered up.

Grandma got sun when she planted her garden every spring.  Winters were spent indoors.

The farmers and construction works probably got adequate Vit D since they worked outdoors for a living. 

Just my take on it all.

I'm still dosing with 6K per day and will continue dosing and continue to have my levels checked 2 times per year.   

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Okay so someone explain the difference between cod liver oil and Vitamin D3. I have been taking 1000 mg of D3 for two years now and I am just at the right with mine level now, but more than that and I get an upset stomach. Is cod liver oil better for the health?:?

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

Trudi
    Participant

[user=236]Eva Holloway[/user] wrote:

Is cod liver oil better for the health?:?

My doctor seems to think so because it includes Vitamin A.  If you search the Web, however, there are many controversies.

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

I just read this article today about Vit D. 

http://www.healthyvim.org/news_draft.html#vitamind

Trudi
    Participant

[user=86]Susan Lyme/RA[/user] wrote:

I just read this article today about Vit D. 

http://www.healthyvim.org/news_draft.html#vitamind

Thanks, Susan.  Good article.

Trudi

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

U r welcome Trudi.  I just realized the Vit D article is halfway down the page. 

Susan

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘ Vitamin D’ is closed to new replies.