Home Forums General Discussion Turning 40 this weekend was GREAT!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    mschmidt
    Participant

Sorry I've been off the board for the last 4 days–I had a good excuse…I turned 40 on Saturday.  I had such an incredible weekend that I'm still in awe of it all.  My best girlfriends from all over the country flew in for what I thought was a “girl's weekend” but, turned out to be a surprise party for me with all my friends and family.  I was overwhelmed and humbled by all the love and support around me, and for the first time in a long time, I was selfish and took it all in without any hesitation.  There were a lot of tears—tears of JOY and gratitude for being here.  To all of the newbies on here, and to all of those who are struggling, I want you to know that in time, you will get better.  3 years ago, I didn't think I would see 40, and I was scared to death.  Thanks to all of the generosity, advice, love, and support from my family, friends, and YOU, I was able to fight like hell to be here.  THANK YOU for being like family to me, because without all of you, I wouldn't be here to celebrate how fabulous 40 can be!!

Maria:D

mschmidt
    Participant

The first picture is me with my brothers.  The second is with me and my nieces and nephews, who gave me a book that they made titled “40 Reasons Why We Love Auntie Maria.” The 3rd and 4th pictures are of my husband and my nieces/nephews who adore him!  I'll keep posting pictures as I get them.

mschmidt
    Participant

More pictures

mschmidt
    Participant

my husband and his 2 favorite buds…

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Oh Maria!!!!!!!  My eyes are welling with tears of JOY!  What a wonderful surprise to celebrate you!
    H a p p y   B i r t h d a y!

What amazing pictures!  You look so beautiful, healthy and happy!  You are such a blessing to us all!  Mine and Mom's most sincere, warm and loving wishes to you and your family – this next year of your life is going to ROCK!  Take it from me…the 40s are good!

xxoo
    Michelle

spacehoppa
    Participant

Oh wow, what a fantastic celebration of you! I can absolutely see why they threw such a great party for you as your loving and compassionate nature radiate out from every one of your posts. You are *awesome* lady!

Happy Birthday!! BTW, You look fabulous!!

mschmidt
    Participant

me and my “diva” glass…how appropriate!

mschmidt
    Participant

My friends that flew in to be with me.

mschmidt
    Participant

and more…

mschmidt
    Participant

my mom surrounded by men…lol

mschmidt
    Participant

my dad…

Maz
    Keymaster

Lordy, Lordy, Maria's 40!!!! :roll-laugh: Maria, you don't look 40 – more like 30!!! – and as beautiful as ever!!! Thanks for sharing your lovely surprise with us and all the beautiful people in your life. Many congrats on hitting this milestone and we are all so happy and grateful you are recovering and well on your road back!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Peace, Maz

Mumof3
    Participant

Love the pictures Maria! You look so happy and I am glad you had a good time. Love the outfit too!

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Maria,

Happy Birthday to you and many more till you 104. I wish you all the best and thank you for being a great volunteer. Enjoyed your pictures of your family and friends. Enjoy every day. Stay well. God bless you.

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

Parisa
    Participant

Happy Birthday!  Thank you for sharing a special moment with us.  You look great!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘ Turning 40 this weekend was GREAT!!’ is closed to new replies.