Home Forums General Discussion Today I Woke In Less Pain in over 2 yrs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    jaminhealth
    Participant

I hesitate to print this and Please don’t bash what I’m saying, OK…

I’ve been miserable for over 2 yrs since hip replacement surgery, OA issues worse, FM worse, it’s all been worsening.

With acupuncture, had 16th I’ve had some improvement and I continue to go weekly…..maybe I slack off on this work.

Another health friend on another board was raving about Anatabloc for pain and inflammation and much more….got me interested for sure.

So I bought the trial offer of 60 ct lozenges and after 2 days I felt a slight shift in pain.

When I woke up this morning at 9AM I was in no pain…could hardly believe this. This was after the 5th day on this
    supp. I’m pretty high and HOPE the bubble doesn’t burst. And this morning was also the COLDEST morning we’ve had this winter, normally I’d be in more pain. My pain would start at 3, 4, 5AM and after the acupuncture sessions, I was feeling
    the pain most mornings at 7ish…..this morning I slept thru to 9AM……truly amazing. And, I’m waking up for bathroom runs at about 5AM vs 3ish or so for a long time….

Now, I read some old posts here on this supplement and the info was locked, why I don’t know.

I’ve read and read about the company, the science behind the product, the delivery system, etc. and read many
    reviews on Amazon, many positive and enough negative, so I focused on the negatives…and was NOT too excited
    about the product until this MORNING….focuing on the negative is pretty human nature.

There are 2 types to buy flavored and unflavored, someone on the locked post talked about the Sucralose, well it
    can be purchased without this sugar sweetener….

Then before I posted this I decided to check out: Anatabloc and Rheumatoid Arthritis and pretty amazing I found
    some blogs with those with RA who are taking this supp.

Again, do your research, I’m doing mine big time, I don’t have a money tree but have been living in so much PAIN….

If this continues to help me, then I’ll be a sold on customer.

We all do what we decide to do for our issues, Please please, I don’t need attacks. Thanks all. jam

PS: a moderator on another major FM/CFS board I’m a member of said she got no help and was on it 2 months, why, who
    knows, why something works for one and not another….

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Now, I read some old posts here on this supplement and the info was locked, why I don’t know.

This discussion thread will now been closed due to posts that have slipped past forum moderation control measures. These posters and their posts have now been deleted as per forum guidelines.

Currently, the RBF discussion forum is undergoing some routine updates, in part to prevent an increasing number of spammers, advertisers, promoters, google alert spider bots, etc. from gaining access. While moderators are doing their best to keep up with the ever-increasing spam problem before such posts reach membership eyes, some of these may inevitably slip through the net. We ask for your patience and understanding in this matter until a software solution can be found.

Jamin, alot of posts slipped through that were deemed to be advertising/posted by someone with a financial interest in the product. The quote above is extract from an RBFV post.

In terms of locked posts: generally, posts that date back from before the change to new forum are locked – they have been brought over for reference purposes for people if they want to search, others are locked if they become not useful personal disagreements and/or start to deviate from forum guidelines.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

jaminhealth
    Participant

Thanks for the explanation on the “lock up”….

Reading more about this supplement and the info about Johns Hopkins research with it and how Hashimoto is connected,
    the tobacco in this product addresses the thyroid, pain and inflammation….plot gets thicker….

I deal with Hashi.

Trudi
    Participant

Hi Jamin–
    Let us know if it continues to be of help. I’m curious!
    Thanks,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

jaminhealth
    Participant

Trudi, here’s the link re: Johns Hopkins and Anatabloc

seekingalpha.com/…/749001-new-peer-review-credibility-from-john…

Krys
    Participant
    jaminhealth
    Participant

Yes Krys, I don’t know why I have so much trouble copy/pasting links, just not techie enough. thanks. jam

Valsmum
    Participant

Yay! I am happy for you that is great news, hopefully you’ll get better and better. If it does I might just have to try this supplement. Lately I have been improving(past few months) ALOT. For the first time in three years I am doing better too, less pain, less inflamation. I have one knee that is regular and one that is less swollen than it ever has been, but still slightly swollen, I can stand up straight. Only thing that has changed is my diet, I am basically doing the Gerson Therapy Diet. I am really hopeful about the future, I feel better everyday.
    Again, congrats 🙂

jaminhealth
    Participant

Valsmum, well I just ordered a month’s supply….we shall see.

One of the interesting ingredients in this supplement is tobacco. I never smoked but have heard there
    are benefits to tobacco…I’ve heard today’s cigs are loaded with chemicals…

Anyway I did a search of Benefits of Tobacco and here is one line from a list of benefits:

—-It could be that the nicotine in tobacco helps prevent cartilage and joint deterioration.—-

I have a bridge friend who smokes like a chimney, she’s 80 and talks all over town, has no real pain
    issues except the nasty habit and who knows what else is lurking in her body….

My grandkids dad is going thru chemo and radiation for stage 3 cancer, he smoked TOO MANY yrs…..with all
    those chemicals in the cigs…..

Hope you continue to feel better…..RA has got to be a bummer for so many, OA is bad enough. MY last couple
    yrs have been nasty and all since hip replacement…

Maz
    Keymaster

I just thought I’d check the ingredients of Anatabloc, as some supps contain things that may not be so good for some folks.

Unfortunately, Anatabloc does contain silicon dioxide (aka silica) and this is probably best avoided by anyone with scleroderma:

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18604166

Sclero.org links to silica exposures and SD:

http://www.sclero.org/medical/causes/environmental/silica.html

I don’t have SD, but I am always careful to remove the small silica sachets out of any supp bottle I buy right after opening it. These are desiccation agents used to prevent moisture entering the caps, but I prefer them out of there.

There may be other constituents in this product that could produce problems to those sensitive, too, so would just mention that it is probably wise to err on the side of caution on any drug or supp by checking the listed ingredients and fillers and how they may affect one’s own condition.

This one contains quite a few! Here are just a couple of other possible concerns that came to mind, but I haven’t checked every single ingredient listed here in Anatabloc:

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18604166

“Other Ingredients: Mannitol, Natural and Artificial Mint Flavors, Sucralose, Silicon Dioxide, Stearic Acid, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Titanium Dioxide (color), Natural Glaze, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triethyl Citrate, Citric Acid, BHT, Mono and Diglycerides, Polysorbate 80″

Mannitol is an interesting one – used as an adjunct to some drugs/treatments to increase tissue absorption (crosses blood/brain barrier and sometimes used in MS treatments for this reason). For someone with SD, this may increase the potential risk of silica absorption deeper into tissues and, for anyone with kidney issues, this could be a very serious consideration:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannitol

“It is used as an osmotic diuretic agent and a weak renal vasodilator.”

Another concerning possibility is the Vit A (Retinyl Acetate) content. Does anyone remember Accutane? It is a chemotherapeutic drug prescribed to cystic acne users, primarily composed of high dose Vit A. It is used also for folks with brain, pancreatic and other cancers. Amazing that a simple vitamin can be so powerful! In smaller doses, such as may be found in daily supps and Anatabloc, it may be relatively harmless, however it is also worthy of note that Vit A has been tied to inflammatory bowel disease and there have been some legal actions against Roche in this regard and some literature on other AI gut diseases, if anyone is interested in researching this for themselves. As we are all concerned with gut health here, it’s just a heads up to really consider risks/benefits of any supp and to ensure that anything contained in any supp taken does not have potential deleterious effects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accutane

While this supp may be perfectly fine for someone with osteoarthritis pain (osteoarthritis isn’t a rheumatic/autoimmune condition) and may be useful for thyroid concerns (as per ongoing research), there are many here with a vast array of differing rheumatic diseases, some that are seriously life-threatening and each with their own unique concerns. Just felt it was worth emphasizing that there is usually no one-size fits all with any treatment or supp and it’s always wisest to check with one’s doctor and also the lists of ingredients and their effects prior to trialing anything.

Thanks for posting the actual link above, Krys, which led me to look into this a little further. I hate to be a Debbie-downer, as we all wish there were “miracle cures” for inflammation out there. It’s always interesting to read the commentary following such articles…there were about 40 comments on both sides of the fence. My personal feeling on this supp is that the “jury is out” until further data is available, but it is always interesting to know how something is working for someone.

jaminhealth
    Participant

True, there are many inactive ingredients that I don’t like, but unless one can find Organic with no artifical fillers it’s what we have to deal with. I bought my month’s supply with out the sugar sweetener, I don’t like that one.

And true many drugs have nasty effects on us….I can attest to that one…

So it’s deciding on the lesser of two evils for me anyway….

When I think back to 1995 when I started on Pycnogenol, which came from France, it was was pricey and I’m sure
    fillers in it, but it DID so much for me that I’ve stayed on and switched to grape seed extract which also has some
    fillers, can’t escape the fillers….that was 17 yrs ago and I stay with this type antioxidant….

This supp could very easily be “knocked off” sooner than later, it’s only around for 1.5 yrs…as I understand.

Thanks for comments and true, buyer beware on everything we put in our bodies. jam

richie
    Participant

Unfortunately I see a trend to treat with herbs -certain supplements etc with a sense of friviolity -taking or recommending without professional advice -just relying on the manufacturers claims –yet when it comes to ethical prescription drugs –OH Horrors -its full of this -full of that –etc –I think the point to remember is that certain supplements herbs etc is really unregulated medicine and should be treated that way —
    richie

richie
    Participant

Hi–I also had a friend who smoked steadily –dead at 42 with lung cancer —nicotine is addictive –tobacco in any form is just a killer –absolutely no benefit can be derived from smoking –cigarettes –pipes or cigars or chewing tobacco — lets see –cancer heart disease –circulatory problems etc etc —-there is an anti-smoking add running in New York that shows a woman with about 4 or five amputated fingers -due to smoking –oh yes -lets not forget emphysema —There can be absolutely no benefit to tobacco in any form —
    richie

jaminhealth
    Participant

I’m not endorsing smoking, believe me…my grandkids dad has stage 3 lung cancer, smoked too long…

But reading the History of Tobacco, there is a medicinal point to this herb, just like hemp…

It’s all the chemicals in cigs that do the damage, as I understand it all.

Wonder why Johns Hopkins got so involved in clinical trials they are done…maybe we can dig
    up some negatives on this issue….

jaminhealth
    Participant

I will continue to dig into this supplement….Now finding this:

Anatabloc inhibits NF-kB from entering cell nucleus

This NF-kB is connected to chronic inflammation….

Lyrica works on this issue, but I won’t take the Lyrica, many do for the Fibro pain.

You can do a search for NF-kB and all conditions and I’m working on doing this…

I’m not selling this product short….my gut tells me there is really something to it. Re; Chronic Inflammation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘ Today I Woke In Less Pain in over 2 yrs’ is closed to new replies.