Home Forums General Discussion Things continue to evolve

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    cavalier
    Participant

Trudi – I sure could use the itching & burning & redness of my feet to stop 😉

May I ask why you went with lower than the low to med. weight measurement? I just noticed you did 1/16th of a tsp rather than a 1/8?

I told the nurse for the IV’s today I need to wait til I see Dr C. again who is on vacation & why due to Candida – he understood it will put the clindy close to the expiration time frame but will have to hope it all works out.
    Tx – Jill SD, Lyme Cpn & Candida

Maz
    Keymaster

Jill, I don’t know if this will help and not sure of your clindamycin formulation, but there were storage instructions on the prescription label of mine, saying the IV clindamcycin self-pumping boules could be frozen for up to 8 weeks from the date they were made up at the pharmacy. I would just defrost them the night before use.

Is there any way you can get some stool pathology run?

Jill wrote: …. my GP would only offer me Lamisil which is contradicted as my last blood test I also had a raised ANA speckled.

Also, would you happen to have any literature on Lamisil being contraindicated for anyone with a positive ANA, Jill? A good number of folks here take systemic anti-fungals and have a positive ANA.

Some anti-fungals are definitely contraindicated for use with flagyl….just too hard on the liver and may potentiate other abx and cause serious toxicity.

Btw, many thanks for sharing your husband’s words above. I must have missed that post when you made it. I think I’ve just been fortunate to have doctors who also believe that it’s more about patient response to abx therapy and carefully assessed risk/benefit management. 🙂

Trudi
    Participant

@cavalier wrote:

The fact that you took this for a year helps how long was it before you felt internal help?

Hi Jill–
    I looked up my response on a thread and this is what got better–

Since starting borax in April, I have seen these improvements: my right ankle is no longer swollen, I’ve had an infection in my right nostril for the longest time and that has cleared up, warts that I had on my right heel for over a year are gone , I had a lot of nodules on my right and left thighs and have just one left on my left thigh (wondered about these for years and doctors just said they were fatty tissue, but I think they were related to this disease), and my biofilms (as shown on the electro-dermal machine are slowly (very slowly) reducing.

I still have a lot of problems with my ligaments, tendons, and muscles. I wonder if my use of Cat’s Claw, which is a quinolone derivative, may have done some damage (The herbalist, Steve Buhner says no way; my chiropractor isn’t so sure). I know that the fluoroquinolone’s (antibiotics) definitely cause that kind of damage. I’m hoping that seeing a chiropractor will help me in this area.

BTW, absolutely no stomach problems at all.
    https://www.roadback.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6394&p=64970&hilit=borax#p64970

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Trudi
    Participant

@cavalier wrote:

May I ask why you went with lower than the low to med. weight measurement? I just noticed you did 1/16th of a tsp rather than a 1/8?

Hi Jill–

The electro-dermal doctor reduced me from 1/8 to 1/16 tsp.

Hope everything clears up quickly for you,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

cavalier
    Participant

Trudi, Maz & et al –

Sometimes when I go to re-goggle the same links dont show up – which is frustrating as I cant refind it – there was 2 links that stated this one was a Dermatology article from U. of Ky. & the other was also from a doc that was from a credible place cant remember now.
    However this from Dr. S. below- he also states to this affect but includes Nystatin which I had not investigated as of yet – of course this is for people who have SD or have a positive ANA but certainly I don’t want to risk SD getting worse I have had euf things go wrong without that.
    Trudi – I did use the borax on my feet they are a little better I have Genetian violet painted on 2 toenails – tx to my dogs I remembered this being very effective for ear infections which spaniels can get due to yeast – thank God my dogs have never had that problem but I am careful what they eat. I have not used Borax internally simply as I said I take Boron 3 times a week already & I still have the Candida issue so not sure I would add in more just yet.

As to the box of Clindy I was told the nursing service cant by law use a box if it’s been opened as they have to be sure no tampering so I currently dont have enuf room in my freezer, but if I did I would stick it in there. The box is in my refrig bigger box as it has 10 balls of Clindy in it & all supplies from Infuserve.

Stool I dunno 2 concerns – one is my GP said having taken Flagyl may skew any tests but they didn’t feel it would show much but it has to be ordered by a doc who really gets Candida & they are not one of them. The 2nd is Dr C. who would know how to do this is on vacation for 2 wk’s right now & so I cant do anything til I see him again on Mar 15th.

“Hello Jill,
    Your symptoms sure seem consistent with a candida infection. Unfortunately, Lamisil is contraindicated as is nystatin. A course of Diflucan may be effective. Can you get someone to prescribe Diflucan? If not, I can call in an Rx for you. Let me know.
    Dr. S”
    I got this eml today at 6 PM when I saw this I wrote him back to say yes please – due to Dr C. being gone on vacation as I still feel crummy to my stomach, but I am feeling better otherwise with the detox I am doing so I def. have some heavy metals to add to my list.
    It maybe Tues now before Dr S. sees my reply asking him to please call this in. So amazing to me that Dr S. gets Candida & Dr C. does but most Doc’s still today do not despite it being known since the 70’s it just is not taught in school as they say only immunocompromised get this which is not so.

Funny thing is I had asked my GP for Diflucan but they choose to not use it go figure – when I called them about the Lamisil with ANA & increasing Scleroderma – they looked it up & they said all antifungals would but obviously Dr S. feels Diflucan is safe.

As to doc’s Dr C. feels much the same way Maz – he feels you see what works as labs are not always accurate & patient response matters!- which is why I like going to him – he gets what a patient says is a big part of diagnostics & seeing response.

Best – Jill SD, lyme CPn, & Candida

cavalier
    Participant

Speaking of possible contradictions – I came across this tonite ordering some Teasel Root from this place – of course many of us who have SD or Lupus also have Lyme. This is the 1st I have seen this referenced as I had read before of Cat’s claw being considered to be helpful to SD so I am not sure which is correct now – am passing this on a a mere word of caution as who knows which is correct.

CAT’S CLAW BARK
    (Unicaria Tomentosa (Samento)
    2 oz – $10; 4 oz – $20.00

Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis,
    Lyme Disease, supports the body’s
    immune system, brain fog. Click here for
    more information.

CAUTION: Women should avoid use
    of this herb when trying to get
    pregnant, are pregnant or nursing. It
    may be best to avoid use of this herb if
    you have any chronic health condition
    resulting from over-stimulation of the
    immune system, such as lupus, multiple
    sclerosis, scleroderma, or Show-gren’s
    -from – http://www.crescentmoonherbals.com/LymeDisease.html

Jill SD, Lyme CPn, Candida & heavy metals

Trudi
    Participant

Hi Jill–
    Thought of you when I came across these two articles for candida–

http://www.ehow.com/way_5292883_herbs-candida.html
    http://www.ehow.com/how_2119539_use-aloe-vera-treat-candida.html

Good luck,
    Trudi

cavalier
    Participant

Trudi – thanks for the good thoughts I am using these as I am trying to hit this candida hard from a very rounded aspect – but even so while it’s better than it was, but not totally gone for sure.

Best – Jill

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.