Home Forums General Discussion stop minocyclin while on IV?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    JBJBJB
    Participant

Tomorrow I will get my clindamycin IV. Should I stop taking minocyclin until I finish all my 10 IVs?

kat
    Participant

According to Dr S, YES, stop while you are taking your IVs.

JBJBJB
    Participant

Kat,

Thanks! I will not take any. I will take more probiotics and Vit C tonight.

:JB

Kim
    Participant

Good luck with your IV series, JB.

JBJBJB
    Participant

Kim,

Thank you! I have five days off. I will do it in my own house, so I can keep myself warm and drink a lot of water.

Dr. S said after the IV, he may put me on pulsing. I will call him to discuss this. He will add zithromax once every 10 days.

I will keep yall posted.

JB

Kim
    Participant

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

Kim,

Thank you! I have five days off. I will do it in my own house, so I can keep myself warm and drink a lot of water.

Dr. S said after the IV, he may put me on pulsing. I will call him to discuss this. He will add zithromax once every 10 days.

I will keep yall posted.

JB

That pulsed-Mino/Zith combo is what has always worked the best for me.  Wish you had something more fun to do on your five days off.:(  Good luck!

Parisa
    Participant

JB,

Good luck with your IVs! I hope it starts to turn things around for you!

JBJBJB
    Participant

Parisa,

I am all wired on right now. If I won't get much of improvement, I will try Zithromax IV like you mentioned. It makes sense for me to have that. I will be seeing my IU Medical center pulmonary doctor soon, I will mention that to him.

Thank you for the best wishes. jb

DianeWI
    Participant

Hi JB<   I hope and pray for the best for you right now.  I hope you see wonderful improvement in just a matter of a few weeks.    Diane

JBJBJB
    Participant

Thanks, Diane. I sure hope so.

I am hanging there. One of the site got infected. The nurse had to pull the IV out. They “blew two veins” already. It was hard to find a working vein. I kept drinking a lot of water and kept my arms warm.

Funny thing is I got all these minocyclin “tan” and now my arms are very dark… the nurse could not see the vain any more.

I am hanging in here. :JB:doh:

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi JB,

Hope you are doing ok with your IV's, and  hope the nurse is gentle with you, I am thinking of you, I have very plump veins but they sometimes still have trouble getiing it in :X………Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Mumof3
    Participant

Good luck! I hope you are feeling better soon!

Kim
    Participant

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

I am hanging there. One of the site got infected. The nurse had to pull the IV out. They “blew two veins” already. It was hard to find a working vein. I kept drinking a lot of water and kept my arms warm.

Funny thing is I got all these minocyclin “tan” and now my arms are very dark… the nurse could not see the vain any more. 

You poor baby, that just sounds awful!:crying: 

No more whining from me about my self injections.  What you're going through is way more traumatic.  I'm a little jealous about the mino tan, however.  How have I not had that after 3 years on Mino???  My skin now is a sickly yellow/white and my normal complexion is olive???  It seems to have lost all its pigment.

I say we follow Patti's advice and add a glass of wine to the tx protocol.

Hang in there, JB……we'll do the countdown with you.:?  You should be about half way through, eh?

Oh, by the way, I whimped out on my first injection and made my husband do it; however, he'll be out-of-town when I'm due for the next one.  I'll let you know if I tip the mailman to do that one. 😀

kim

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi JB;
           I rarely get to this site for more than 2 minutes here and there and missed your posting.In fact I have not yet read the answers to your question from the other members so I expect I will be saying the same thing as them.
         I had a home care nurse that used to come way too early in the morning to do my I.V s.We have a wonderful home care service here,she would just put the needle in and start the drip and then leave as I would unplug myself when it was finished.She was running late with other patients but was leary to leave me.The next day when she saw that I had done just fine that became our normal procedure.
         When on I.V do not take any other antibiotics that week.I hated the terrible metalic taste especially bad when I got to the 900mg mark.Frankly I found the oral stuff worked just as well but seemed to have a little more pep with the I.V s.No sooner that I removed the needle I was off and running in the greenhouse.I kept asking her if there was only clindamycin in those I.V.s  hehehe.Let me know if this weird event happens to you also.    Lynne

Parisa
    Participant

JB,

I hope things are going better now and I hope the nurse is being extra cautious with her sterilization so that you don't get any more infections.  When in doubt, swab everything down with alcohol!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ stop minocyclin while on IV?’ is closed to new replies.