Home Forums General Discussion stop minocyclin while on IV?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Rockin Annie
    Participant

[user=13]Parisa[/user] wrote:

JB,

I hope things are going better now and I hope the nurse is being extra cautious with her sterilization so that you don't get any more infections.  When in doubt, swab everything down with alcohol!

JB, that means on the skin not in the mouth! :roll-laugh: just thought I would add some humour…Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

JBJBJB
    Participant

Thank you all. It took about two hours to do this IV. In the beginning, it took 32 seconds for each drop and later 12 seconds. Then it totally halted. I called the nurse, while I was calling her, it worked again. I figured it was the position of my IV site. I hope tomorrow it will work for me. The nurse used a very small vein. I flushed it three times to open it up….:crying:it still went very slowly. :crying:

My old IV site is really red and hot, no pink line yet but it's very swelling. My fingers and hands are very swelling due to I have a very little tolerance with sodium. This IV has a lot of sodium. Next time I could require less sodium one.

The nurse told me I could request a pic line which is a peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC or PIC line). This way, it can be used for a prolonged period of time. I may need that. 

Kim, you are going to be very brave!!! You will make it. Just use ice cube, make the area really cold….You will not feel too much pain.  

In a way I am really glad I can do IV from home instead of going to Iowa in this cold winter. It is worth it.  The nurses are very helpful. :JB

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ stop minocyclin while on IV?’ is closed to new replies.