Home Forums General Discussion sinus problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    JBJBJB
    Participant

My sinus is getting worse each day. I am feeling like having a flu all the time. The post nasal drip is constant. Now even at the night, I woke up coughing…

I had my house checked and everything seemed to be fine. I also went to ENT doctor at least three times during the past year. Each time he wanted to kick me out (only saw me for 5 minutes and then disappeared). He'd Rx a bottle of nasal spray and got me out of his office.

I know my sinus is swelling… the running nose is clear but constant. Every one is so sick and tired of hearing me cough. This morning my husband told me he really wishes this is part of Lyme symptoms.

JB

Trudi
    Participant

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

I know my sinus is swelling… the running nose is clear but constant. Every one is so sick and tired of hearing me cough. This morning my husband told me he really wishes this is part of Lyme symptoms.

Hi JB–

Sorry to hear about the sinus difficulties.

For many, many years the inside of my nostrils would keep scabbing up–it was horrible and was difficult to breath through.  I was constantly “cleaning” out my nose.  Just recently I noticed I haven't had this problem for months–don't even know when it went away.  I'm chalking it up to my improvement with Lyme.  Hopefully, for your husband's wishes, you will also find relief as the Lyme is treated.

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

JBJBJB
    Participant

Trudi,

I sure pray so. I am really glad to hear your sinus problem disappeared. Now my whole family hopes my cough is part of Lyme problems.

The most scary thing worries me is the nasal drips affect my lungs, building up inflammation. I may have to do something about this nasal drip. If I can't get any better after the Lyme treatment, I will go for a sinus surgery so that the doc can make a “detour” of my post nasal drip—-perhaps let it run out…instead of runs back to my throat.

Thanks again for sharing your story with me. Really hope it will go away!

JB

nspiker
    Participant

JB,

I don't know if this applies to you, but you may want to try Mucinex D and see if it improves your symptoms.  My husband has a history of sinus problems and infections.  He cleanses his sinuses, and takes Allegra for allergies, but still had ongoing issues.  Since he started taking Mucinex D, he has been great.  He swears by it.

I also take Mucinex (regular) for head pressure.  I couldn't believe what a difference it made.  My husband was always touting Mucinex, and finally I tried it and symptoms disappeared.  Didn't even know my head was congested. 

Another thought is that your body may just be trying to drain whatever bacteria or toxin from your system.  I'm sure your llmd appt. can't come soon enough…

nancy

mschmidt
    Participant

JB,

I agree with what Trudi said (I've had sinus issues since I was a kid).  Since starting Lyme treatment, I don't notice stuffiness or post nasal drip anymore. 

I also agree with Nancy–Mucinex is GREAT at drying things up, just make sure you stay very hydrated when taking it because it does dry things to the nth degree.  Headaches caused by sinus pressue disappear as well with Mucinex.  I hate the commercials on tv:D but, it works!!

When is your appointment with your LLMD?

Maria

sierrra
    Participant

Many of us on this road to recovery have food sensitivities. I found that dairy products gave me sinus problems as they are mucous producing. Gluten can have the same effect. Try going off wheat and dairy for a period of time and see if you notice a difference. Also, try a neti pot if you haven't already.

Peace,

Sierra

JBJBJB
    Participant

Nancy,

I have tried it but it did not work. I know what bothers me. I am so allergic to my van and my house.

I am going to take zithromax for a week and take one allergy medicine like claritinalong with it and see if that will help (my mom's idea). But I have to wait since I just had Clindy IV. It's too close to have zith.

Maria,

How much I wish this is all due to Lyme problems. I really really want to get better.

Sierra,

That's next thing I will do, to test food allergy.

:JB:crying:

nspiker
    Participant

JB,
    I was told to continue taking zithromax, along with the clindy IV's.  The llmd said that although they were the same class of antibiotics, there was no problem taking them both together.  Wait 'till you see an llmd….they'll just keep piling on the abx!

Eva Holloway
    Participant

JB,

we noticed with this weather and runnig the heater more my husband snores and has headaches, so we went to Walgreens and bought a humidifier, what a difference. Even I sleep better and don't wake up with a dry mouth. My daughter complained about headaches lately so I told her to put a big pot of water on and she called me today tellng me how much it has helped her.

Your sinus could be agravated from the weather and heater. If you do't use some moisture in your home you may want to try the pot of water on the stove or get a humidifier.

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

jaminhealth
    Participant

Pycnogenol came into my life in 1995…and the first things to go were allergies/sinus/headache issues.  Took Pycnogenol for 1 yr and then found that Grapeseed Extract was just as effective and less expensive.  So totally I've been on one or the other for 14+ yrs.   No sinus issues ever.     I've posted before about these powerful antioxidants but here it is again.

Prior to “P” and “GE” I was slave to all the otc crap, allergists, you name it…no more.  And the real reason I got on Pycnogenol was that we were being told it “may prevent cancer”!!!!!!!!!    Hope so….   jam

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=970]jaminhealth[/user] wrote:

Pycnogenol came into my life in 1995…and the first things to go were allergies/sinus/headache issues.  Took Pycnogenol for 1 yr and then found that Grapeseed Extract was just as effective and less expensive.  So totally I've been on one or the other for 14+ yrs.   No sinus issues ever.     I've posted before about these powerful antioxidants but here it is again.

Prior to “P” and “GE” I was slave to all the otc crap, allergists, you name it…no more.  And the real reason I got on Pycnogenol was that we were being told it “may prevent cancer”!!!!!!!!!    Hope so….   jam

Oh my, I will definitely get this grapeseed extract this weekend. I totally forgot about it. Some one did mention about it. The Oregonal oil has been really effective to stop the cough and post nasal but it smells so strong.

Oil of Oregano 

[*]
    [/*]Help your body fight off flus and colds

[*]
    [/*]Reduce pain and inflammation

[*]
    [/*]Kill germs and viruses on contact

[*]
    [/*]Repel fungi, parasites and yeast infections

[*]
    [/*]Provide immediate relief from allergies and insect bites

Eva,

It's really interesting that when it is humid, my cough gets worse. I recently put a negative Ion machine in my room, my cough gets under the control. We use heat pump which draw the cold air into the house. The inspector said perhaps it's too humid and he wanted me to get a dehumidifier. Thanks anyway. JB

Trudi
    Participant

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

The inspector said perhaps it's too humid and he wanted me to get a dehumidifier. Thanks anyway. JB

Hi JB–

We have a cottage up north.  My son always had problems with runny nose there (he is 28 years old–we had the cottage before he was born).  About five years ago we set up a dehumidifier in the summer.  He has not had a problem since.  He mentioned that this summer when he went to another cottage on a lake, he had the same problem with his runny nose.  A dehumidifier may be the answer.

Good luck,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=442]Trudi[/user] wrote:

Hi JB–

We have a cottage up north.  My son always had problems with runny nose there (he is 28 years old–we had the cottage before he was born).  About five years ago we set up a dehumidifier in the summer.  He has not had a problem since.  He mentioned that this summer when he went to another cottage on a lake, he had the same problem with his runny nose.  A dehumidifier may be the answer.

Good luck,

Trudi

Trudi,

Perhaps the mystery is going to be solved. Let me ask you this, are there woods near by in your cottage? A friend of mine told me since our new house is very close to the woods, perhaps the damp air from the woods bothers me. Especially when I use the heat pump, pulling the outdoor air into the house….. perhaps dehumidifier is one of the method which could dry up the air…..

Hhmmmmmm, you are making me thinking now.

JB:shock:

Kim
    Participant

JB,

Do you have a humidifier attached to your furnace?  If so, it's probably adjustable.

kim

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

JB,

Do you have a humidifier attached to your furnace?  If so, it's probably adjustable.

kim

Kim,

Actually we have dehumidifier attached to the heat pump. We could adjust it. However, the inspector said we need a lot heavier duty dehumidifier to take the moisture out of the house.

I am considering change our heat pump to a gas furnace. I already got the estimate— $6,700!!! :crying:

:JB

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘ sinus problem’ is closed to new replies.